Jim_Iain Live - 2nd Half World Cruise - B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Jim_Iain

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Jim_Iain! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Jim_Iain was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Jim_Iain -  2nd Half World Cruise -  B2B Singapore to Down Under 11/25 – 12/21

Celebrity-Edge-at-sea.thumb.webp.a73e947d9da30fe24017237431e51e9a.webp

Welcome!    Come along and join us for another adventure.  

As an introduction we are Jim (who writes these Live Posts) and Iain, who ends up in most of the pictures.   We have been together 34 years -  or as Iain just said “34 long hard years”  LOL.

Are were  among of the first to be Gay Couples to be married in California.  We were legally married June 2008 days after the California Supreme Court ruled the restriction of Gay Marriage was illegal.   5 Months later California had a referendum to change the constitution and make it illegal again.   Luckily the State Supreme court ruled a small group of 4,000 marriage were grandfathered and would remain legal.  It was another 7 years before the Supreme Court Legalized Gay Marriage Nation Wide. 

We have 3 kids and 5 Grand Children.  

We live in Sunnyvale, CA which is in my mind is a small town of 160,000 in the heart to Silicon Valley.   Sunnyvale is about 50 miles south of San Francisco and 10 miles north of San Jose. 

Ok..  Enough of the background. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 61
  • Thanks 2

Are you staying in Singapore before you cruise? 
We were there in January 2008, before we flew to Sydney to get on Celebrity Century for our cruise Sydney to Auckland.

I was very impressed by the cleanliness and the sticking to rules- there was a massive fine if you cycled in the underpasses, or threw gum in  the  streets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, upwarduk said:

We were there in January 2008, before we flew to Sydney to get on Celebrity Century for our cruise Sydney to Auckland.

I was very impressed by the cleanliness and the sticking to rules- there was a massive fine if you cycled in the underpasses, or threw gum in  the  streets.

In the early 70's, I had to bail one of my sailors out of the jail in Singapore.  He was smoking in a cab and threw his cigarette butt out the window when he finished.  The Cab driver reported him and he did not have the money for a fine so they jailed him until I showed up and paid his fine. 

It has a well deserved and very proud tradition of being one of the, if not the, cleanest cities on the planet. 

• Like 9

@Jim_Iain So glad you are allowing us all to share another one of your great journeys!

The best part is all the pictures of Iain !

And thanks to your great b2b2b Iceland travelog, my husband and I will be on the Eclipse for those sailings next year 😀

Safe travels and have fun !

Margaret

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

Following along…looking forward to  another wonderful live review of yours…

Safe travels!!!

Glad to have you along.   Feel free to join in the chat.    Usually some really fun members help out and correct me if I'm wrong.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Hi Jim and Iain,  So happy to see that you are doing another live post and looking forward to sharing this adventure from afar with you both.  Also, we look forward to sailing with you again in the near future.

Mike and Mary

Thanks Mike and Mary -

So happy we are able to do this one.    We had it cancelled 2x due to Covid.  Feels real now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

Looking forward to following along

Safe Travels 

Thanks Lena -  I was going to wait to fire up this Live post until tomorrow.   With 18 hour flight I will have plenty of time to get all the basics loaded.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, theopup said:

Looking forward to following along with another one of your adventures 

Enjoy!

Thanks -  It's always nice to see our Northern Neighbors aboard.    We will be hitting your beautiful city in April.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Yes we will be in Singapore from Tuesday until Saturday.

I use to work in Singapore so know it well -  I've been traveling there since the 80's and can't believe how it keeps growing

While it is one of the cleanest places on earth it isn't as pristine as it use to be.   The new government is not quite as draconian.  When I first started visiting the flight attendants would give hair trims as men could not have hair over their collar.   Chewing gum was totally prohibited to bring with you or purchase.  

• Like 3