Booking While Onboard

tunaman2011

1 hour ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

thanks everyone, but MY cruise, that I booked on board, is NOT on sale. It is the cruise the week before mine that's on sale.

What exactly are you asking?   It was unclear (at least to me).

Price match is for the same cruise, not matching a similar itinerary on a different date.  

You can switch the cruise once without a $150 fee, your OBC will depend on the source of the credit and any limitations based on lots of other factors.  The OBC you got for BOBing transfers with you.

Edited by shepherd really

not asking anything...my first post stated that my TA told me I would have to pay the $150 to switch my booked on board cruise to the cruise that is one week earlier, with the same itinerary. People replied that I would not have to pay it, and then I posted that I had read the confirmation, and COULD change the cruise one time without the 150 charge, (so my TA was mistaken). However,I would LOSE the OBC I received for booking on boards I was going to stay with the one I originally booked. 

I am sorry if it was confusing to some  posters.

1 hour ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

not asking anything...my first post stated that my TA told me I would have to pay the $150 to switch my booked on board cruise to the cruise that is one week earlier, with the same itinerary. People replied that I would not have to pay it, and then I posted that I had read the confirmation, and COULD change the cruise one time without the 150 charge, (so my TA was mistaken). However,I would LOSE the OBC I received for booking on boards I was going to stay with the one I originally booked. 

I understood it fine. Some people tend to speed read & miss things.

Edited by rbtan
additions
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

I’ve used the onetime switch of a BoB and not lost the bonus SBC for the original booking.

• Like 1

Because I did book a future cruise last week onboard, I saved the document.  I will Attach it to this posting.

Oceania_On_Board_Discount_11192023.thumb.jpg.fc34fe7ab3514343339203f3d835c580.jpg

I choose a cruise in October of 2025.  For that cruise, there was a early booking savings of 5% which everyone had access to online.  In addition, I booked a Concierge Stateroom which gave me $400.00 more dollars off.  The bonus was $250.00 of OBC for the cruise I was on or the cruise I booked.  I took the cruise in the future because if I cancel the cruise completely, I would owe $250 back if I spend it now.  As I understand it, I can change the sailing, date and ship once at no charge.  I can get better pricing if it becomes available from sails based on the best price Guarantee with no penalty.  The deposit was $250 a person for a total of $500.00 per stateroom.  If I upgrade to a Penthouse, my extra discount as it shows on the document goes from $400, to $600.

HOWEVER, if you cancel, even five minutes after you paid your deposit, you have a $150.00 fee.  

When it was being finalized, they used my travel agent which also gave me complementary gratuities through her agency.  HOWEVER, you could not ALSO get the American Express Platinum Perk of $300 OBC with the gratuities.  The Gratuities was the better deal so that is what I took. I stated that wrong on a previous post so I am correcting myself.

The game now is catch a sale if it shows up.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

@Sthrngary

Best price GTY sounds terrific.  But how would you claim it, if offered on a quiet sale, which are offered to select TA's ?  Such sales are not offered to the general public, nor posted on O website.

@FetaCheese I don't know about the quiet sales.  All I know about and asked about are the sales that happen from time to time.  Like the four category upgrade or the sale last year, the Extraordinary sales event.  That is all I am hoping for.  I just wanted to know, if those happened, would be fare be reduced or would I receive an upgrade. The answer was yes, so that is ok with me.

Thanks for asking and how we cruise together soon.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

@FetaCheese I don't know about the quiet sales.  All I know about and asked about are the sales that happen from time to time.  Like the four category upgrade or the sale last year, the Extraordinary sales event.  That is all I am hoping for.  I just wanted to know, if those happened, would be fare be reduced or would I receive an upgrade. The answer was yes, so that is ok with me.

Thanks for asking and how we cruise together soon.

If you have one of O’s top performing  “preferred partner” TAs (look for “Elite” on their O Connoisseurs Club logo icon), a quick call to their Regional Sales Rep may get your TA access to the ”quiet sale” price even it’s not your TA’s time in the rotation.

In any case, like so many other O policies, a lot depends on the interpretation of the policy by whoever answered the phone. That can mean that a “No” needs to be escalated to get Miami on the “same page” that you want to be.

My experience with O regarding rules exceptions is “you win some- you lose some.” Fortunately for us, it’s more often “thoughtful win/win negotiation that gets the “Yes.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If you have one of O’s top performing  “preferred partner” TAs (look for “Elite” on their O Connoisseurs Club logo icon), a quick call to their Regional Sales Rep may get your TA access to the ”quiet sale” price even it’s not your TA’s time in the rotation.

In any case, like so many other O policies, a lot depends on the interpretation of the policy by whoever answered the phone. That can mean that a “No” needs to be escalated to get Miami on the “same page” that you want to be.

My experience with O regarding rules exceptions is “you win some- you lose some.” Fortunately for us, it’s more often “thoughtful win/win negotiation that gets the “Yes.”

Aloha. Sorry to Hijack the thread but FlatbushFlyer…I keep thinking of a Clive Cussler novel 😂

Greetings

So we went ahead and booked a trip during the Black Friday sales. We board an Oceania ship this week. Since we booked less than 30 days before our cruise does that mean we can see the on board rep and get the extra benefits applied to the cruise we just booked?

Good Sailing

Tom

8 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

So we went ahead and booked a trip during the Black Friday sales. We board an Oceania ship this week. Since we booked less than 30 days before our cruise does that mean we can see the on board rep and get the extra benefits applied to the cruise we just booked?

Good Sailing

Tom

Certainly worth a try.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 2:12 PM, Sthrngary said:

HOWEVER, you could not ALSO get the American Express Platinum Perk of $300 OBC with the gratuities.  The Gratuities was the better deal so that is what I took. I stated that wrong on a previous post so I am correcting myself.

Yes, seems like choosing gratuities rather than AMEX $300 is always going to be a better deal unless you are on just a 7 night cruise...then roughly a break even. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tunaman2011 said:

Greetings

Good Sailing

Tom

We never booked a cruise so close to departure. But while I don’t know the answer to your question, personally I wouldn’t think that it will work that way. Still it’ll be interesting to learn about the outcome if you inquire about it on board.

Edited by osandomir