Cabo Excursions

djtx2

Hello all,  My husband and I and his best friend and wife going on Discovery Princess January 13th. 
Seeing they changed the time of our arrival into Port we are going to miss the excursion that we chose. Does anyone have any ideas what they’re gonna do in Cabo taking into consideration the late arrival into port? We wanted to go see the city and not do any water sports, so any suggestions on what everybody else is going to be doing would be greatly appreciated. Safe travels to LA. 

We will be there just a couple of weeks before you on the Discovery New Year's cruise. We have been to Cabo many times, and you will have plenty of options. I see your port time is 2 - 9 p.m. so you if you prefer a city tour, there are tours that will go to San Jose del Cabo which is the lovely neighboring city with a beautiful plaza and church and plenty of shopping. Or you could do a city tour of Cabo that includes the glass blowing factory. Check out Viator for options if you don't find want you want through the ship tours. Cabo is very easy to do on your own even if you just want to taxi or walk around and take in the scenery and shopping and enjoy some good food. One thing we really enjoy when we have a late port day in Cabo is taking a sunset cruise - really beautiful and plenty of options from which to choose. If you are happy with just a low key beach day, you can take a land taxi or water taxi to Medano Beach and camp out at one of the many restaurants along the way. We like the Sand Bar and their great and super affordable massages on the beach. Enjoy!

Edited by karatemom2

On 11/20/2023 at 8:39 AM, djtx2 said:

Hello all,  My husband and I and his best friend and wife going on Discovery Princess January 13th. 
Seeing they changed the time of our arrival into Port we are going to miss the excursion that we chose. Does anyone have any ideas what they’re gonna do in Cabo taking into consideration the late arrival into port? We wanted to go see the city and not do any water sports, so any suggestions on what everybody else is going to be doing would be greatly appreciated. Safe travels to LA. 

I'm on the cruise just before yours on the 6th.  I'm just now looking at excursions.  Which excursion is it that you booked, and I'll look to see what the description says.

Doesn’t matter as they messes with our time getting into port.  Was supposed to be there early but they have moved us to arrive at 2:00.  Most of them he excursions start way before 2 leaving us with no excursion 

3 minutes ago, djtx2 said:

Doesn’t matter as they messes with our time getting into port.  Was supposed to be there early but they have moved us to arrive at 2:00.  Most of them he excursions start way before 2 leaving us with no excursion 

Princess will have adjusted all the tour times accordingly. 

We are on the 1/27/24 Discovery Princess sailing to Mexico.  Our Cabo port time was changed to 2 PM to 9 PM.  We had a Princess Whale Watching excursion for 2-4 PM booked and so far, that time has not changed.  Wondering how Princess plans to pull that one off (arriving at 2 PM and then the excursion taking place at 2 PM).  I guess we will find out once on board the ship.

1 hour ago, djtx2 said:

When the port time changes from an earlier schedule, Princess works with its vendors to adjust tour times. Trust me - they will still be offering excursion during your 7 hour port stay. What was the excursion you were booked for?

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

We are on the 1/27/24 Discovery Princess sailing to Mexico.  Our Cabo port time was changed to 2 PM to 9 PM.  We had a Princess Whale Watching excursion for 2-4 PM booked and so far, that time has not changed.  Wondering how Princess plans to pull that one off (arriving at 2 PM and then the excursion taking place at 2 PM).  I guess we will find out once on board the ship.

Whale watching in Cabo around that time of year is my go to excursion every time. I would throughly recommend the sunset sail excursion. I did one last Feb and it was the most amazing experience. Whales galore and everyone aboard was game, despite the breezy conditions, to have a little bit of extreme sailing according to the captain and first mate, and they cut the engines and hoisted the sails for the return part of the journey. 😉

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

This all seems fishy.  We were told the change was due to a “Mechanical Inspection “. What were you told?

3 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

When the port time changes from an earlier schedule, Princess works with its vendors to adjust tour times. Trust me - they will still be offering excursion during your 7 hour port stay. What was the excursion you were booked for?

Best of Cabo

14 minutes ago, djtx2 said:

Best of Cabo

That’s a very standard excursion that can run anytime of the day. It is highly likely they will adjust the time to align with your port hours and offer it in the afternoon. 

Edited by karatemom2

We sail on Jan 20th. We received the email over 4 weeks ago, it said excursions would be updated within 2 weeks but still nothing. We were booked for a boat trip and beach getaway (something like that anyway) with Princess. I figured with the late arrival and time to tender etc, it would be a bit late for the beach even if they do update times so we changed our excursion to the sunset sail.

12 hours ago, djtx2 said:

This all seems fishy.  We were told the change was due to a “Mechanical Inspection “. What were you told?

12 hours ago, Italy52 said:

"Scheduled engine maintenance"

Wow! Something definitely fishy. We're on the Discovery for the April 3rd sailing and had the order of two ports swapped for "Scheduled engine maintenance" too.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 2:08 PM, Italy52 said:

We’re on the same sailing and had also booked that tour. My best bet is that they will adjust the time to our later arrival, at least I hope so.  My favorite whale watching tour down there won’t work with our port times, so booking through Princess was my only option.  We shall see….

12 hours ago, Jenbo57 said:

We’re on the same sailing and had also booked that tour. My best bet is that they will adjust the time to our later arrival, at least I hope so.  My favorite whale watching tour down there won’t work with our port times, so booking through Princess was my only option.  We shall see….

From past experiences with Princess shore excursion revisions, I know they will adjust the time.  The only thing that has me wondering is when I booked the whale watching excursion it was at a cheaper price. In looking at the excursion pricing now, I see it is a bit more in price so I was wondering if Princess will honor the original booking price or the new one.

22 hours ago, Italy52 said:

From past experiences with Princess shore excursion revisions, I know they will adjust the time.  The only thing that has me wondering is when I booked the whale watching excursion it was at a cheaper price. In looking at the excursion pricing now, I see it is a bit more in price so I was wondering if Princess will honor the original booking price or the new one.

23 hours ago, djtx2 said:

They’ve taken your money already so they will honor your price.

That's been the behavior for as long as I can remember (and that length of time is getting shorter every day ... ) but @Host CJSKIDS recently had a different experience where the excursion was outright cancelled with all bookings being refunded. Then the same excursion reappeared at a higher price.