Are they looking at arrival times at Fort Lauderdale?

KKB

Do you mean are they checking what your scheduled arrival time is before your admitted to the terminal?  Possibly.  Sometimes passengers have reported that they walked right into the terminal and other times there’s a hold up and you are held outside the building and not allowed to enter until your scheduled time. Unfortunately, there’s no way to know ahead of time which it will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, KKB said:

Ours is later than we like.

We like to be at the terminal early--wait at the hotel or wait at the terminal!

Wondering if there is any shot we will get aboard early.

Thx!

Like it or not, embarkation windows are suggested and unenforced.  In 2021, we were on the same sailing, there were local rules preventing too many people from being inside the terminal at one time so they queued us up outside.  Sailed in Feb 2022 out of FLL/Hollywood FL and another half dozen times since and there are no embarkation queues or enforcement due to the removal of terminal capacity limit rules.  If you arrive before they allow guests on board, they'll have you wait inside the terminal with another 100-200 guests who are doing the same thing you are

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Like it or not, embarkation windows are suggested and unenforced.  In 2021, we were on the same sailing, there were local rules preventing too many people from being inside the terminal at one time so they queued us up outside.  Sailed in Feb 2022 out of FLL/Hollywood FL and another half dozen times since and there are no embarkation queues or enforcement due to the removal of terminal capacity limit rules.  If you arrive before they allow guests on board, they'll have you wait inside the terminal with another 100-200 guests who are doing the same thing you are

This is the SOP ... As it was today

• Thanks 1

From the cruises I've done (Port Everglades and Seattle), they didn't seem to be checking check-in times, nor if you went into the right line (eg: for Seattle, I was directed by security into the Zenith line even though I was Select). The Celebrity staff who checked me in didn't even comment on me being in the wrong place. 

With that said, now that we have online check in, and the human interaction is mostly just confirming things were entered correctly, the process in general seems way faster than it was in the past, and I'd imagine in most cases people will end up on the ship within 20 minutes regardless of status, cabin, or time of arrival, etc.

I could be wrong, that's just my opinion.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

With that said, now that we have online check in, and the human interaction is mostly just confirming things were entered correctly, the process in general seems way faster than it was in the past, and I'd imagine in most cases people will end up on the ship within 20 minutes regardless of status, cabin, or time of arrival, etc.

As it was today when we arrived @ 1100 for an 1130 check-in.  It was everybody just move along and we will get you on the ship.  People complain but it is so much faster now than before,😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

As it was today when we arrived @ 1100 for an 1130 check-in.  It was everybody just move along and we will get you on the ship.  People complain but it is so much faster now than before,😜

Before COVID, the embarkation windows weren't enforced very often.  However, they've sped up the check-in process which keeps the congestion down.  Before, for the terminal check-in you had to use the check-in desk which took at least a few minutes for some unknown reason, and while they did have to print the keycards, that part just took a few seconds.  Now with the current iPad check-in, it takes what you expect them to take, 10-15 seconds to take a picture of your passport and a picture of you then you move onto the gangway checkpoint.  Immigration now has those facial recognition kiosks where you don't need your passport at all and are setup at some disembarkation terminals but maybe we're a few years away from them also using them for embarkation further slightly reducing the check-in time

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Before COVID, the embarkation windows weren't enforced very often.  However, they've sped up the check-in process which keeps the congestion down.  Before, for the terminal check-in you had to use the check-in desk which took at least a few minutes for some unknown reason, and while they did have to print the keycards, that part just took a few seconds.  Now with the current iPad check-in, it takes what you expect them to take, 10-15 seconds to take a picture of your passport and a picture of you then you move onto the gangway checkpoint.  Immigration now has those facial recognition kiosks where you don't need your passport at all and are setup at some disembarkation terminals but maybe we're a few years away from them also using them for embarkation further slightly reducing the check-in time

Assigned arrival times didn’t exist until ships started sailing after COVID.