So how soon can you be notified about a move up bid?

Cruise a holic

We are sailing early January on the Silhouette.  I wasn't going to bid, but did on a Celebrity Suite.  The ship appears pretty full, but who knows.  When is the earliest people have found out if their bids have been accepted?  I know the latest is typically just before boarding- but the earliest?  Just curious.

I had one move-up bid accepted two weeks before the sailing date, but all others were in the timeframe of 5 - 7 days before the sailing date . It is my understanding that it varies from cruise to cruise so I'm sure others have had bids accepted even earlier, but like you mentioned, it is more typical to have move-ups awarded just before a sailing. Good luck with your bids!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are still in Pending status for our 12/3 Ascent Maiden Voyage cruise with 12 days to go before we board. There were 18 Aqua Class cabins available yesterday, and today there were none. So either they are assigning them now for guarantees and move-ups or they have been already assigned and we are just stuck in Pending status with no chance of a move-up from veranda to Aqua Class. We did bid with a strong bid.

Is it unusual for the cabins to appear to be "sold out" but still have a chance at a move up with just 12 days before boarding?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 3:21 PM, KforKitty said:

I came to ask the same question.  I sail in 46 days and have had my bids in for several weeks now, all still pending.

Catherine 

Came to give an answer to my own question.  

I’ve had my MoveUp bid acceptance confirmed at 31 days before sailing.  Deluxe Concierge Veranda cabin upgrade to Celebrity Suite on Eclipse.

Very excited 🥳

Catherine 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, KforKitty said:

I’ve had my MoveUp bid acceptance confirmed at 31 days before sailing.  Deluxe Concierge Veranda cabin upgrade to Celebrity Suite on Eclipse.

Very excited 🥳

Catherine 

I’ve just seen your post on the move up thread and you’ve given me some hope!

we bid on a Celebrity suite for our sailing later in January on Edge, there were 3 available when we bid, that then went to 2, back to 3, then 4, then 5 and today there are 6…final payment was over 3 weeks ago so no idea what is happening..

we are in the strong bracket but wondering if we should lower our bid…however we got our sunset sky suite for such a good price even if we leave our bid as it is and are successful it would mean our overall price would still be cheaper than what the sunset sky suites are currently selling at…there are hardly any inside or ocean view cabins available so I would think it would make sense for Celebrity to move those who’ve bid up and open up lower priced cabins …but who knows how they work..

Not sure what to do really!

Edited by Midsomer Madness

5 hours ago, KforKitty said:

Very excited 🥳

Catherine 

I also heard yesterday - we on the 6th Jan Eclipse with you. Our move was from Concierge to an SS corner aft. I’m happy🤗

Sheila.

Born and raised in Preston.

26 minutes ago, Midsomer Madness said:

I’ve just seen your post on the move up thread and you’ve given me some hope!

we bid on a Celebrity suite for our sailing later in January on Edge, there were 3 available when we bid, that then went to 2, back to 3, then 4, then 5 and today there are 6…final payment was over 3 weeks ago so no idea what is happening..

we are in the strong bracket but wondering if we should lower our bid…however we got our sunset sky suite for such a good price even if we leave our bid as it is and are successful it would mean our overall price would still be cheaper than what the sunset sky suites are currently selling at…there are hardly any inside or ocean view cabins available so I would think it would make sense for Celebrity to move those who’ve bid up and open up lower priced cabins …but who knows how they work..

Not sure what to do really!

Similarly there were 5 out of 12 Celebrity Suites still available when I made my bid and no inside or OVs.  My bid was only just in the fair range (by £50).

Catherine

• Like 1

We withdrew our bids.  I think for a nine night cruise  on the silhouette, the amounts of the bid from a sky suite to celebrity suite were much too high.  While I like a celebrity suite, it has one bathroom and bidding on a royal suite was crazy.

Actually the booking for this cruise have been closed for a couple of weeks- so move up's, while still a possibility are remote.  Maybe next time.  

3 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Just curious when the move-up offer is usually offered?   My cruise is about 80 days out and it says its not available yet... the cruise is not sold out and has every category available for booking...  Thanks.

Never mind, just showed available to make move-up offers!!