Specialty Restaurants Individual Pricing?

asctony

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Not really. We go there for steak. 

FILET $94.95

BONE-IN NEW YORK $94.95

BONE-IN RIB EYE $114.95

PORTERHOUSE $165.95

TOMAHAWK $174.95 (shared)

Totally way out of my league! For those prices, I would book another cruise. 

I'm surprised that you cruise NCL and other similar lines. 

10 minutes ago, asctony said:

Totally way out of my league! For those prices, I would book another cruise. 

I'm surprised that you cruise NCL and other similar lines. 

For two Specialty Dining Restaurants (including Cagney’s) it’s less than $20 tip…that’s not per restaurant…..that’s BOTH combined with FAS.

That’s why it makes ZERO sense to go to any of the Specialty Restaurants and order a la carte!

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

For two Specialty Dining Restaurants (including Cagney’s) it’s less than $20 tip…that’s not per restaurant…..that’s BOTH combined with FAS.

That’s why it makes ZERO sense to go to any of the Specialty Restaurants and order a la carte!

Let me make myself clear. I would not go to any SR and order a la carte. I'm Sapphire, so I get free SRs. I was originally just asking if NCL now has a set price. I have received my answer, Thank you all.
Happy Thanksgiving!

5 hours ago, shof515 said:

i have two upcoming RCI cruises next year on the older smaller ships, chops for me with the black friday sale is only $60/pp

Yes well...there is really no point in comparing black friday sale prices to normal prices. Chops without black friday price is way more than $60/pp.

3 hours ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Yes well...there is really no point in comparing black friday sale prices to normal prices. Chops without black friday price is way more than $60/pp.

This is not a Black Friday sale price. It is every cruise price.

Just got off Princess Enchanted Med cruise. Their Specialty Restaurants were $39 per person. Crown Grill steak house, Catch Seafood, & Sabatines Italian. 

Excellent menus and 5 course meals. No extra up charges.

One of the best values of most cruise lines.

Happy Cruising!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

On 11/23/2023 at 3:52 PM, asctony said:

This is not a Black Friday sale price. It is every cruise price.

Just got off Princess Enchanted Med cruise. Their Specialty Restaurants were $39 per person. Crown Grill steak house, Catch Seafood, & Sabatines Italian. 

Excellent menus and 5 course meals. No extra up charges.

One of the best values of most cruise lines.

Happy Cruising!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

FAS 2 Specialty Dining Restaurants is ~$20/pp (for 2 Restaurants).  I think that’s a good deal.

Edited by graphicguy

2 hours ago, v3cruiser said:

Are there limits to quantity of  appetizers one can order with purchased dining package vs  2 meals awarded to platinum and above? 

Technically... Per policy...

Dining Package: 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert

Platinum Voucher: 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert + 1 bottle of wine

We cruise on NCL 5-6 times a year. We have always ordered 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert with our Platinum voucher and never been charged for the soup/salad. We have been on 10+ cruises since the new vouchers were created and have always had them treated the same as the dining package. We practice, don't ask, don't tell, just order. 

I have four scheduled NCL cruises.  For each cruise, the cost of a two-meal specialty restaurant upgrade is $82.80, including the 20% service charge.  That’s a good deal cheaper than  two dinners in a decent restaurant in my small-city hometown (Dayton, OH).

48 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I have four scheduled NCL cruises.  For each cruise, the cost of a two-meal specialty restaurant upgrade is $82.80, including the 20% service charge.  That’s a good deal cheaper than  two dinners in a decent restaurant in my small-city hometown (Dayton, OH).

$99.60 for 2 is cheaper than a decent restaurant in Dayton, OH?

Prices must be ......... 

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Technically... Per policy...

Dining Package: 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert

Platinum Voucher: 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert + 1 bottle of wine

We cruise on NCL 5-6 times a year. We have always ordered 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, 1 dessert with our Platinum voucher and never been charged for the soup/salad. We have been on 10+ cruises since the new vouchers were created and have always had them treated the same as the dining package. We practice, don't ask, don't tell, just order. 

Have you noticed that in the famous T&C's it references a limit of 1 entre in Cagney's?

That's the only reference there about specialty dining. No other venues, no other courses.

Seems odd.

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

Have you noticed that in the famous T&C's it references a limit of 1 entre in Cagney's?

That's the only reference there about specialty dining. No other venues, no other courses.

Seems odd.

Cagney’s and Le Bistro.

56 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

It's $82.80, not $99.60.  You're adding the 20% twice

That’s right.  Subtracting out the 20% service charge, that’s $33.12 per meal.  Difficult to find a decent 3-course dinner here for that price.

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

That’s right.  Subtracting out the 20% service charge, that’s $33.12 per meal.  Difficult to find a decent 3-course dinner here for that price.

True enough.

However, IMHO, the passenger is actually paying to upgrade their dining experience (against a meal already covered by the cruise fare). Therefore, your actual cost for the meal is much higher than the specialty add on fee or fees.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

True enough.

However, IMHO, the passenger is actually paying to upgrade their dining experience (against a meal already covered by the cruise fare). Therefore, your actual cost for the meal is much higher than the specialty add on fee or fees.

As we say in accounting, “sunk costs are sunk.”  Can’t be recovered, not to be considered in new purchase decisions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

As we say in accounting, “sunk costs are sunk.”  Can’t be recovered, not to be considered in new purchase decisions. 

Hmmm...

Well, this CPA says that your financial analysis holds water, paying full freight steakhouse prices, or nearly so, for a meal does not represent good value for your purchase when it is still an upgrade experience.

And, if you know the history, it used to be a semi-reasonable flat price upgrade. The lines kept jacking up the pricing...but this a la carte business is over the top. Yes, packages do bring the cost down - if you want to purchase multiple dinner upgrades,

27 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

For the upgrade to two meals, yes. For one meal at a restaurant, no. 

Point being, no one I’m aware of pays a la carte pricing for a single Specialty Dining Restaurant meal.  If anyone ever did, NCL thanks you!  

• Like 1