There may be parking problems for our cruise on Friday

mafig

The Port Everglades website (www.porteverglades.com) has the following warning (nothing about full parking lots) on its home page:

Traffic Alert – With the influx of cruise guests traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday, port users and visitors should expect traffic delays. Motorists are encouraged to allow for additional drive time from November 20th to December 1st. To expedite access into the port, have photo IDs and cruise confirmations ready when approaching the security checkpoints. Entry to the port is accessible at I-595/Eller Drive; State Road 84/Spangler Blvd.; and SE 17th St./Eisenhower Blvd.

The Port Everglades official website (www.porteverglades.net) has a warning on its home page that does not include issues with parking:

Traffic Alert – With the influx of cruise guests traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday, port users and visitors should expect traffic delays. Motorists are encouraged to allow for additional drive time from November 20th to December 1st. To expedite access into the port, have photo IDs and cruise confirmations ready when approaching the security checkpoints. Entry to the port is accessible at I-595/Eller Drive; State Road 84/Spangler Blvd.; and SE 17th St./Eisenhower Blvd.

The one thing that could make parking a problem today is Liberty OTS.  I had expected get ti be at the RCI Megaship terminal but she’s at I think 21.  If she left from 19 that could leave a surplus at 19’s garage and a shortage for Rotterdam.  When I left at 9 there were a number of spaces but even the top deck was quite crowded.

Roy