Princess dining options

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Geoff, I am just wondering whether the new upgrade might help me. On the current app, it has my husbands DOB wrong and no amount of times I have been onto Live Chat or PVP can correct it! Fortunately that cruise isn’t until April, BUT next cruise in February the App says  booking not available ! It has been getting very frustrating. Do you think it might be best to wait until after first December and try again? Also with the April cruise, do you think I will lose all the information currently stored and will I have to start again? The App and I are not friends at the moment, but last cruise season I had very few problems. Thanks

I am not so convinced they will be totally replacing the app, and it could be done with a major upgrade. It would seem silly to be losing login & profile info. 

DOB. Not sure on that. Is the date correct on the personaliser?

Missing cruise - we had one last year and it was resolved via chat. It showed on personaliser, but not on medallion. They were manually able to tick a box that should have happened automatically. The app itself wasn't to blame, and advice here to delete and reinstall was useless.

Maybe wait till the end of the week and see what the updated/replaced app does. I suspect your missing cruise will still be missing and will need intervention from support anyway.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am not so convinced they will be totally replacing the app, and it could be done with a major upgrade. It would seem silly to be losing login & profile info. 

DOB. Not sure on that. Is the date correct on the personaliser?

Missing cruise - we had one last year and it was resolved via chat. It showed on personaliser, but not on medallion. They were manually able to tick a box that should have happened automatically. The app itself wasn't to blame, and advice here to delete and reinstall was useless.

Maybe wait till the end of the week and see what the updated/replaced app does. I suspect your missing cruise will still be missing and will need intervention from support anyway.

Thanks for the information. DOB right on cruise personaliser  but not in APP. What it is and it is a mistake that anyone can see except Live Chat, is that the date and month of his birthday are around the wrong way, like the American way. PVP can see it, but can’t fix it, in the APP but he did on Cruise Personaliser.  . might ring tomorrow and not bother with Live Chat and try and find out about missing cruise, otherwise just wait till I get back from Brilliance of the Seas in the New Year. Thank again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

How so? I find it easy, and am happy to help. The staff at the Ocean Now counter are briefed to offer any assistance to help once aboard.

@arxcards Thanks for your kind offer of assistance Geoff 🙂.

I find it is really laggy. Perhaps its an android thing. In non technical speak, it feels "heavy". Too many images and moving parts. It is overly complicated. Last year on the Coral Princess I couldn't load menus for the entire length of the cruise, nor could I order a drink. It just had the little wheel of death spinning the entire time. Now I'm prepping for my next cruise it seems a little more streamlined but still overly complicated.

Both the Carnival and P&O apps are far simpler for user interface and experience. I actually used to be a project manager for a web development company so I'm not a complete dunce with technology, but I just find the Princess app uncomfortable to use.

1 minute ago, mum and son said:

I find it is really laggy. Perhaps its an android thing. In non technical speak, it feels "heavy". Too many images and moving parts. It is overly complicated. Last year on the Coral Princess I couldn't load menus for the entire length of the cruise, nor could I order a drink. It just had the little wheel of death spinning the entire time. Now I'm prepping for my next cruise it seems a little more streamlined but still overly complicated.

Both the Carnival and P&O apps are far simpler for user interface and experience. I actually used to be a project manager for a web development company so I'm not a complete dunce with technology, but I just find the Princess app uncomfortable to use.

I don't know if you did or not. My wife had the same issues previously.

After you board, log out of medallion user/pw account. Log back in to just your cruise - name/dob/cabin. Chalk and cheese. That was info given from Ocean Now that fixed my wife's issue on the spot, and I have read it here as well.

Yes, it is a bit heavy. It needs a good connection, and better on a phone that isn't "heavy" with other app data clogging the cache. It has to be heavier than the Go Hub - it has more features.

24 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I don't know if you did or not. My wife had the same issues previously.

After you board, log out of medallion user/pw account. Log back in to just your cruise - name/dob/cabin.

Thanks, I'll try that fix.

3 hours ago, mum and son said:

"the little wheel of death spinning" - now that is a good name for it.  My first instinct is "how do i escape"?

whereas my daughters just turn it off and start again.

• Haha 1