Independence OTS - Grand Suite

Twenty2020

Our family is considering grabbing a 2 BR Grand Suite on IOTS for a 4 nighter going to Perfect Day and Nassau. 

Really trying to determine if the grand suite benefits are worthwhile. 

I know there is access to the suite lounge, and complimentary drinks in the evening. 

Some of the other main benefits would seem to be reserved seating at shows and pool deck area. How beneficial is this?

Also, does anyone know where the reserved seating is located in the pool area for Indy? I thought it used to be on the tiered seating but read some ships had moved it up on top of the bar, which isn't really a desirable area.

Any other benefits that I'm missing?

Thanks!

What is disappointing is you pay a large premium for the suite on IOTS but you don't get some of the most beneficial suite benefits as on the Oasis and Quantum class ships - Voom internet for each person, and the Coastal Kitchen suite restaurant. 

One benefit you didn't list is a separate line when checking in, which is beneficial if you like to arrive early when there are big crowds. 

I think the biggest "benefit" of the suite is extra living space and more storage space. Especially in the suite you are considering, you would have two actual bedrooms separate from the living space, and two bathrooms which can make a huge difference. 

The reserved seating at shows is most beneficial for the ice show, which can often have capacity crowds. They actually check SeaPass cards to let you sit there, although when it gets close to showtime I think they open the unused seats for everyone so don't delay.

9 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

What is disappointing is you pay a large premium for the suite on IOTS but you don't get some of the most beneficial suite benefits as on the Oasis and Quantum class ships - Voom internet for each person, and the Coastal Kitchen suite restaurant. 

One benefit you didn't list is a separate line when checking in, which is beneficial if you like to arrive early when there are big crowds. 

I think the biggest "benefit" of the suite is extra living space and more storage space. Especially in the suite you are considering, you would have two actual bedrooms separate from the living space, and two bathrooms which can make a huge difference. 

Kind of agree....as far as space we could get two connecting balcony cabins and it would still be like $800 less. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Twenty2020 said:

Kind of agree....as far as space we could get two connecting balcony cabins and it would still be like $800 less. 

If the price difference is only $800 total, I would go the suite, depending on number of people we are talking and also, who they are.  I would not want to be sharing a suite with another couple, but no issues with sharing with my kids.

Suite will give you the suite lounge and drinks during happy hour.  You would all also get two points per night, instead of one, if you are chasing a loyalty status.  Priority boarding and disembarking is good for a group too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

A free bridge tour is a nice perk, though largely unwritten since the restart.

And not been avaliable that I have experienced.

Unless the upcharge from a balcony is very little or you actually need the extra floor and cabinet space, there are little benefits to a suite on less than an Oasis or Quantum class ship.

Edited by cruisegus

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 1:04 PM, cruisingator2 said:

IMHO on any class lower than an Oasis or Quantum a JS is the highest that we usually go. Suite perks lack compared to price. No Coastal Kitchen or WiFi. 

Same for us.  We do JS for double points, but with the older ships, the benefits don't usually make it worth the extra $$. But if you get a great deal, go for it.

On 11/25/2023 at 12:35 PM, Twenty2020 said:

Our family is considering grabbing a 2 BR Grand Suite on IOTS for a 4 nighter going to Perfect Day and Nassau. 

Really trying to determine if the grand suite benefits are worthwhile. 

I know there is access to the suite lounge, and complimentary drinks in the evening. 

Some of the other main benefits would seem to be reserved seating at shows and pool deck area. How beneficial is this?

Also, does anyone know where the reserved seating is located in the pool area for Indy? I thought it used to be on the tiered seating but read some ships had moved it up on top of the bar, which isn't really a desirable area.

Any other benefits that I'm missing?

Thanks!

I have the same question.  We are doing the 2-BR grand suite on Indy in 2025.  Agree that the suite amenities are less than newer ships but price is still high.  But we booked it for the nice itinerary (Canary Islands, 12 nights).  We plan to use the SL and D+ benefits for drinks.  Probably pay for WiFi or use our D+ benefits there too.  Maybe get a specialty dining package.  I think breakfast and lunch available (in Chops?).  It will be fine for us.  We have mostly cruised Celebrity (in the Retreat) in the past few years.  We have a CL suite upcoming on Symphony in Feb.

• Like 1