Cruising From Manhattan, NYC in December

Snorklequeen

You typically depart late afternoon on day one and by early afternoon the next day (day two) the weather is comfortable enough to be outside.  At this point you would typically be off the coast of the Carolinas and still with some benefit of the gulf stream, so it gets warmer fairly quickly. 

The return would be similar in that the last full day at sea would gradually get cooler from the morning and by late afternoon it would probably be cold so as to be back indoors, and would remain so until you dock the next morning.  We have done a December cruise similar to the one you describe a couple of times and that was our experience.

So you maybe lose two of the seven days outdoors due to the cold, but not four as you suggest. December in the north east US is typically still relatively mild in terms of winter weather, so you should not be risking too much.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I guess the weather certainly can differ as in our two cruises our experiences were as I described them.  Maybe we were just more fortunate.

You never know about the weather. I did a fake booking for a 7 day cruise out of Brooklyn and you can get on that ship for 290.00 p/p. What a deal even if the weather is a liitle cold for a few days. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:35 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

I guess the weather certainly can differ as in our two cruises our experiences were as I described them.  Maybe we were just more fortunate.

We have taken many December cruises from Manhattan and Bayonne to the Caribbean .We have always had warm weather on the second sea day.

• Like 1