Will Cabin Steward Give Us More/Different Balcony Furniture?

I have booked balcony cabins before but yesterday I won my Royal Up bid ($150 total) from a spacious balcony to a Junior Suite (JS). What a frickin' deal for a JS! We never had a JS before so we are super excited.

We won JS aft on Navigator (cabins 7694 and 7692). These are the ones with exceptionally large balconies albeit obstructed because they are in the back of the ship. It comes with 2 lounge chairs and 2 dining chairs with small table. We aren't divas but I am wondering if we can perhaps get a bigger table for the balcony. It would be over the moon fun to have the family play dominoes out on that large balcony. The two balconies are adjacent but my research has discovered the balcony partition won't open up between them.

Does RC have extra balcony furniture lying around to be used upon request? Or is that just a pipe dream? Can we make such a request ahead of time or do we ask the cabin steward when we see them?

We can always play dominoes on the tables in the game room or pool deck so no big deal if RC can't furnish my request...pun intended 😉. Cheers!

I wouldn't count on it.  Many, many years ago we were also in one of the aft balconies (can't recall it it was a JS or just a regular balcony) and we only had 1 lounger.  We asked the room attendant to get us another one and he did....but not sure they would switch out tables.  It doesn't hurt to ask but I would expect them to say "no".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackForest said:

I have booked balcony cabins before but yesterday I won my Royal Up bid ($150 total) from a spacious balcony to a Junior Suite (JS). What a frickin' deal for a JS! We never had a JS before so we are super excited.

We won JS aft on Navigator (cabins 7694 and 7692). These are the ones with exceptionally large balconies albeit obstructed because they are in the back of the ship. It comes with 2 lounge chairs and 2 dining chairs with small table. We aren't divas but I am wondering if we can perhaps get a bigger table for the balcony. It would be over the moon fun to have the family play dominoes out on that large balcony. The two balconies are adjacent but my research has discovered the balcony partition won't open up between them.

Does RC have extra balcony furniture lying around to be used upon request? Or is that just a pipe dream? Can we make such a request ahead of time or do we ask the cabin steward when we see them?

We can always play dominoes on the tables in the game room or pool deck so no big deal if RC can't furnish my request...pun intended 😉. Cheers!

Doubtful they will bring a larger table but from recent videos online, both of those cabins have small dining tables.  Could you bring one over to the other balcony and try to finagle some kind of gaming table using folding board games and a vinyl tablecloth to hold it together?  Even a large piece of cardboard with a tablecloth over it might work.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly that. We had 2 Spacious Room Balconies and won 2 aft JS through Royal Up. I was shocked that we won for both cabins and they placed us side by side. What are the odds? Maybe they saw we linked our reservations. We put in the same $150 total bid for each cabin and won.

• Like 1