SAS

laurieb

SAS Booking Class J depends on whether it is within Scandinavia, Europe or overseas.
which website are you looking at and which legs are you talking about - I assume you are flying via an airport in Scandinavia to VCE / from AMS.

More details are needed to answer your question.

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

SAS booking Class J is Business Class from LAX to CPH and Economy Plus ( Premium) within Europe (VCE and AMS).

SAS does not have Business Class on European flights.
I myself mainly use SAS when I fly.

Thank you!  Just what I needed to know.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hallasm said:

SAS booking Class J is Business Class from LAX to CPH and Economy Plus ( Premium) within Europe (VCE and AMS).

SAS does not have Business Class on European flights.

Although of course it is possible that some booking systems will show intra-European SAS Plus as business class as it tends to share the same booking classes as long haul business class and other airlines' business class products, although intra-Europe "business class" (or similar designation) generally still means that on a narrow-body aircraft every seat in the whole aircraft is similar design and there is no dedicated premium cabin, the front rows (the number of rows can be adjusted) will be designated for business class and often middle seats are not used (I think SAS has stopped this practice). Of course, even if the seating is not different than in economy class, catering is and there might be access to lounges etc.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, laurieb said:

LAX (USA) to CPH (22 hour layover here) to NCE; AMS to CPH to LAX .

I book through an air consolidator if it makes a difference.  Prem Econ, Business/Lhaul 

I would never advise booking through a third party.  Airlines are flying full and they are not selling hugely discounted tickets to any agent such as Cheapoair, Opodo, Kiwi, cheapflights, ovago, Bravofly, Hopper, budgetair, Skylux, flightnetwork, and on and on.  I would especially avoid sites that guarantee to book you business class seats at "deep discounts" because of their "special relationship" with airlines.  These sites, without exception that I've ever seen, are purchasing frequent flier miles from passengers, using them to book seats which they sell to you.  Airlines constantly monitor for this practice, which is against the rules of every frequent flyer program.  When they find them, the tickets are canceled, the FF account closed, and you are stuck with buying your own ticket.  

And, if there's a problem with these tickets, best of luck getting the third party to help you.

Edited by 6rugrats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been shopping of late and have noticed that SAS is really competitive right now on price.  I am thinking it may be they are desperate to raise cash by year end as part of its ongoing bankruptcy process.  Maybe the move from Star to SkyTeam may also be part of it as well in terms of reduced passenger volumes.

I believe SAS and their new investors (including KLM-AirFrance) will figure this out and remain flying and so purchasing a ticket right now may be a really good deal.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/swedish-airline-sas-secures-eu-approval-915-million-recapitalisation-2023-11-29/

Edited by SelectSys
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 8:11 AM, 6rugrats said:

I would never advise booking through a third party.  Airlines are flying full and they are not selling hugely discounted tickets to any agent such as Cheapoair, Opodo, Kiwi, cheapflights, ovago, Bravofly, Hopper, budgetair, Skylux, flightnetwork, and on and on.  I would especially avoid sites that guarantee to book you business class seats at "deep discounts" because of their "special relationship" with airlines.  These sites, without exception that I've ever seen, are purchasing frequent flier miles from passengers, using them to book seats which they sell to you.  Airlines constantly monitor for this practice, which is against the rules of every frequent flyer program.  When they find them, the tickets are canceled, the FF account closed, and you are stuck with buying your own ticket.  

And, if there's a problem with these tickets, best of luck getting the third party to help you.

I'm in the business.  My consolidator of choice is not a business like those you mention, only sells to agents

Edited by laurieb