Upgrading from HIA WiFi to Premium WiFi

horseymike

Yes! and I always wait until onboard to upgrade. It’s a good way to use onboard credit. When you first login to the ship’s WiFi you will get a pop up asking if you want to upgrade.  You can also upgrade each passenger or just a single device. I usually wait a day or two since I don’t need it right away. It’s so nice to have. Also, you pay by day so the price goes down each day you wait. We’ve done this for our past five or so cruises. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes! and I always wait until onboard to upgrade. It’s a good way to use onboard credit. When you first login to the ship’s WiFi you will get a pop up asking if you want to upgrade.  You can also upgrade each passenger or just a single device. I usually wait a day or two since I don’t need it right away. It’s so nice to have. Also, you pay by day so the price goes down each day you wait. We’ve done this for our past five or so cruises. 

Do you remember how much it cost ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, horseymike said:

Just checked. It looks like the upgrades from the regular HIA to premium on my 21 day Panama Canal in April was $100 and my 14 day Canada/New England a year ago was $50. I can’t locate the others, they must be on my husband’s account. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Thanks 1

Just returned from the Westerdam and paid $100 for 28 days, DH said it was much quicker. The only problem we had was in Hong Kong where apparently there is a some sort of blocker by guess who.
As we were already on board it didn’t matter but for those embarking there was a huge line at the service counter until they posted the “problem” on Navigator.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2023 at 10:49 PM, horseymike said:

Currently onboard 14 day - it was $50 to upgrade a single device. I did it first day. No Mariner discount, but I anticipate getting $30 off when I ask at GS.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Currently onboard 14 day - it was $50 to upgrade a single device. I did it first day. No Mariner discount, but I anticipate getting $30 off when I ask at GS.

Every time I have bought any internet package or upgrade onboard the $30 discount is instantly applied so if they charged you full price on your folio there is a problem.  It will show as full price when you choose it but the system should have deducted it before it posts the charge. 

Edited by Real NHDOC
  • Like 1