Group Transportation from SFO to Fisherman's Warf (9pple + luggage)

callmedeb

Hi All!

Hoping you all can point me in the right direction. I am travelling in a group of 9 and need transport from SFO to the Fisherman's Warf area.

We'd like to travel together, and with luggage (I know I will have one big and one carryon suitcase (hard) and assume the others will be the same) I don't think UBER is going to be an option for us.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have googled, and have looked at SuperShuttle and others, but would like to hear from people who have used these services before.

Thanking you all in advance!

Cheers, Deb

10 minutes ago, callmedeb said:

We'd like to travel together, and with luggage (I know I will have one big and one carryon suitcase (hard) and assume the others will be the same) I don't think UBER is going to be an option for us.

You could split into 2 or even 3 Ubers but that would be the only play there. 

11 minutes ago, callmedeb said:

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have googled, and have looked at SuperShuttle and others, but would like to hear from people who have used these services before.

In order to get 9 people and that amount of luggage into one vehicle you are firmly into mini bus territory. Even a van, which is typically what shuttle companies run, might be too small with that amount of luggage. I would look at limo companies that operate larger Sprinter vans etc. The only issue is that a lot of times these come with garage in/out minimums which can push the price fairly high. 

Personally I would just split the group up into a few Ubers-- it'll be less of a hassle and most likely considerably less expensive than finding one larger vehicle. 

• Like 2

I’d say that splitting the group up into two-three Ubers/Lyfts, expect a fare of $45-65 for that ride per car.. I don’t know of any supershuttle 6-10 passenger van companies out there, but has to be a few, and probably expensive 

Is everyone in the group ok with walking a bit?

are you going to a fishermans wharf hotel or the cruise ship terminal?

If it was me, I’d take BART from SFO to EMBARCADERO station, walk 200 yards to the front of the ferry building to hop on a MUNI vintage streetcar to travel to either fishermans wharf or the cruise ship terminal…

From the EMBARCADERO BART station the cruise ship terminal is about 1 mile walk, fishermans wharf is another mile further

download the “clipper card” app, it is good on all of the Bay Area transit systems!  

11 hours ago, Select97 said:

I’d say that splitting the group up into two-three Ubers/Lyfts, expect a fare of $45-65 for that ride per car.. I don’t know of any supershuttle 6-10 passenger van companies out there, but has to be a few, and probably expensive 

Is everyone in the group ok with walking a bit?

are you going to a fishermans wharf hotel or the cruise ship terminal?

If it was me, I’d take BART from SFO to EMBARCADERO station, walk 200 yards to the front of the ferry building to hop on a MUNI vintage streetcar to travel to either fishermans wharf or the cruise ship terminal…

From the EMBARCADERO BART station the cruise ship terminal is about 1 mile walk, fishermans wharf is another mile further

download the “clipper card” app, it is good on all of the Bay Area transit systems!  

The vintage street cars are VERY poor when it comes to hauling luggage on board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The vintage street cars are VERY poor when it comes to hauling luggage on board.

This is correct, and I don't think large luggage is allowed.

To the OP:  is everyone mobile?  If so, BART to Embarcadero is a good suggestion, with a flat, 20-30 minute walk to your destination.

I haven’t ridden the The vintage streetcars (restored 1930’s-1960’s streetcars from all over the country, each one has a story) in quite a long time, but I wouldn’t doubt that they are not very large luggage/mobility scooter friendly— could be wrong. The walk is easy from the BART/ferry building along the embarcadero, just under a mile walk with a wide sidewalk the whole way, lots of other tourists as well as tons of people jogging and biking, probably 20-30 minutes with large roller luggage. Great views too! 

From SJC or south of SFO, take caltrain to Millbrae, transfer over to BART at the same station and then take BART to Embacadero… caltrain ends way too far from to cruise ship terminal, just under 3 miles

Edited by Select97

Thanks to everyone who replied!

We have several seniors (don't tell them I called them that), so public transportation isn't going to work. I have saved that information for myself, for the return to the airport when it will just be me and my friend.

Uber/Taxi's it is.

THANK YOU ALL!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...