Brazil evisa

safarijm

2 hours ago, AZNettie said:

As hard as it is to believe, finally, one visa down and one to go. My husband received his visa today (We applied 12/7 and must have resent items over 20 times), and I received an email today saying that my info had been forwarded to Brazilian government, so hopefully in a week, I will see my visa. My husband received the same email and the visa showed up about a week later. I'm guessing CLIA is working behind the scenes to help. This has been to most frustrating and exhausting experience but I am destined to not let it ruin our trip...so looking forward to First Regent cruise, leaving RIO on Jan 26.                                         Happy New Year, everyone!!

I wish we had that extra time; we leave for Capetown in 10 days…if no Visa by then, I guess we don’t get on the plane; we certainly will not be allowed to board without that Visa.

• Like 1

One thing to keep in mind over the back and forth over documents and photos is that the Brazilian evisa is a retaliatory event to the US, Australia, and Europe not exempting Brazil from their new/existing evisa process so they have no reason to make it easy.  Maybe they are hoping that our dificulties will push us to push our government to change their policy.  Sadly we are caught in the middle.

a not to the moderator- there are two threads on this topic - might be worth a merge. 

I just signed on to the RSSC.com website and before one can even enter the site, the following message comes up:

Global Alert

Brazil e-Visa
To assist those guests that are required to submit an application for a Brazilian e-Visa, please click here for examples of the photo requirements, and please click here for an affidavit that can be uploaded in lieu of bank statements.
If you have begun the application process and have been issued an application number, please provide Regent with that application number by sending it along with your full name and reservation number to RSSCOps@rssc.com as soon as possible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boatie 1 said:

Still waiting for our visa's  We leave in 6 days(MAYBE)...very frustrating. 

has anyone received their visas????

Boatie

Returned call to NCL about visa issue & Daniel said hundreds still waiting and nothing Regency (NCL ) could do! Since they obviously have contacted the BZ Embassy (financial affidavit) suggested they forward BRA evisa app numbers by departure dates. Reply: can’t help!

maybe RSSC(NCL) looks at this as a way to boost profitability being able to redirect the problem at Brazil and if ship sails with 50% those pax will think service is superior to others!

24 minutes ago, safarijm said:

Returned call to NCL about visa issue & Daniel said hundreds still waiting and nothing Regency (NCL ) could do! Since they obviously have contacted the BZ Embassy (financial affidavit) suggested they forward BRA evisa app numbers by departure dates. Reply: can’t help!

maybe RSSC(NCL) looks at this as a way to boost profitability being able to redirect the problem at Brazil and if ship sails with 50% those pax will think service is superior to others!

The load is already pretty light for the 12th Jan Voyager Cape Town to Rio 

Got new email today from a different visa company and that may be encouraging. I have planned alternative trip (non-cruise) from Cape Town just in case.

Sadly, it seems i would lose my Regent fare $$$. A week to go and it's disgusting, geoplotics, almost all politics, it seems today are heavy-handed and lack compassion for all kinds of people, of either stripe or stripes!

Cape Town to Rio, 12 Jan, Voyager

• Like 1

Quick update for everyone following this closely - we were just notified from the Brazilian government that they have postponed the date the eVisa goes into effect to April 10th, so for any of you on a sailing between now and then, you can rest easy as the eVisa is no longer necessary!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Mike. We did just get ours, but all the time, frustration and stress for nothing!! Not to mention the money we wasted. I thought this might happen, but with no guidance, it was impossible to know for sure. I am glad for all the guests who can now travel without this added problem. 

40 minutes ago, Mike Moore said:

Quick update for everyone following this closely - we were just notified from the Brazilian government that they have postponed the date the eVisa goes into effect to April 10th, so for any of you on a sailing between now and then, you can rest easy as the eVisa is no longer necessary!

Do you have a source for this information?

30 minutes ago, AZNettie said:

Thanks, Mike. We did just get ours, but all the time, frustration and stress for nothing!! Not to mention the money we wasted. I thought this might happen, but with no guidance, it was impossible to know for sure. I am glad for all the guests who can now travel without this added problem. 

Not Regent's fault though....Brazil is......well, Brazil.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Received from my travel agent: (Jan 4, 2024)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BRAZIL VISAS

FOR AUSTRALIAN, CANADIAN AND U.S. PASSPORT HOLDERS

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner:

We are pleased to advise that following consultation and advice from Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the Brazilian Government has announced a 90-day postponement of the requirement for citizens of the United States, Canada and Australia to obtain an e-Visa to enter the country.

This means that guests from these countries sailing on SS VOYAGER 09MAR2024 may now travel without the need for a visa. 

We thank you for your patience and understanding and we are sorry for any undue concern or worry you may have had while preparing for your voyage.

Our dedicated crew are looking forward to welcoming you on board and will do everything they can to deliver Regent’s Unrivaled Experience.

Sincerely

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:
• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123
• United Kingdom: 023 8082 1390
• Rest of Europe: +44 23 8082 1350
• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200
• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

Received from my travel agent: (Jan 4, 2024)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING BRAZIL VISAS

FOR AUSTRALIAN, CANADIAN AND U.S. PASSPORT HOLDERS

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner:

We are pleased to advise that following consultation and advice from Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the Brazilian Government has announced a 90-day postponement of the requirement for citizens of the United States, Canada and Australia to obtain an e-Visa to enter the country.

This means that guests from these countries sailing on SS VOYAGER 09MAR2024 may now travel without the need for a visa. 

We thank you for your patience and understanding and we are sorry for any undue concern or worry you may have had while preparing for your voyage.

Our dedicated crew are looking forward to welcoming you on board and will do everything they can to deliver Regent’s Unrivaled Experience.

Sincerely

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:
• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123
• United Kingdom: 023 8082 1390
• Rest of Europe: +44 23 8082 1350
• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200
• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

Thanks much!

I'll take some of the credit for this as it was announced less than 14 hours after we submitted and paid for our visa applications.  🤣

Apparently my 2024 is gonna be a lot like my 2023.  I guess as long as it's not like 2020 I won't complain, though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

I'll take some of the credit for this as it was announced less than 14 hours after we submitted and paid for our visa applications.  🤣

Apparently my 2024 is gonna be a lot like my 2023.  I guess as long as it's not like 2020 I won't complain, though.

If you really want an exercise in frustration - try to get a refund!

3 hours ago, NYC-London said:

If you really want an exercise in frustration - try to get a refund!

Oh, I wrote the cost of that off as soon as I read their refund policy last week…not even gonna try.

• Like 1

I finally got my visa on the evening of January 5, but it was dated as being generated on December 28.  I will need it for March 2025 to go up the Amazon on the Navagator, but it is obvious that even though the system is done on line that the entire system is still set up for physical documents.  You need to print the evisa and carry copies with you.

7 hours ago, forgap said:

Curious if the cost of the visa could be disputed with your credit card company.  After all, you paid for a service you didn’t receive.

Have wondered the same thing!

8 hours ago, forgap said:

Curious if the cost of the visa could be disputed with your credit card company.  After all, you paid for a service you didn’t receive.

Doubtful.  If you read the (lack of any) refund policy on the website, they’re pretty clear that there are no refunds at all as it’s an ‘administrative fee’ and therefore not refundable.