Can you order from any MDR menu in all MDR’s?

Ensign Pulver

A recent post on YouTube fresh off the Ascent stated diners can order from any MDR menu. 
That would be great, as my wife is a very picky eater, don’t tell her I said that!

Would appreciate anyone who could confirm this, that would be a great alternative. 
We’re on the Ascent in February next year. 
Thanks in advance to all!

Unless the Acsent is vastly different from her sisters, there are only a few things different between the 4 MDRs on the E-class ships. Each dining room has a few unique things but the majority of the menu is the same between them. Just rotate the dining rooms you want to try and she can order from the regular menu items.

Given that you can select whichever dining room you want to eat at from the 4, I don't get the obsession with ordering from one of the other MRDs. Just go to that one.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

29 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Unless the Acsent is vastly different from her sisters, there are only a few things different between the 4 MDRs on the E-class ships. Each dining room has a few unique things but the majority of the menu is the same between them. Just rotate the dining rooms you want to try and she can order from the regular menu items.

Given that you can select whichever dining room you want to eat at from the 4, I don't get the obsession with ordering from one of the other MRDs. Just go to that one.

Not OP, but one of things that we love about using the MDR is that you don't have to make a decision on where to go. In our case, it's usually 6:00pm set early dining, with the same wait staff at the same table. We love that simplicity. 

We too are scheduled for Ascent (in Jan, not Feb) and I also saw the same references on YouTube and elsewhere, along with conflicting information - such as your thread response. So, I am looking forward to the responses here also.

Edited by CruiseMrB

On E class there are not set times or assign dining rooms, you just go to any of the four at any time. 

If you like the traditional approach, just pick one of them and ask to have the same waiter each evening. They will put you down for reservations and the same waiter. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 2

On E class you can order any of the “exclusive” items from any of the 4 MDRs.  So you can be seated in Tuscan and order one of the “ exclusive items” from Cypress.  These items do not change, they are the same every day.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

On E class there are not set times or assign dining rooms, you just go to any of the four at any time. 

If you like the traditional approach, just pick one of them and ask to have the same waiter each evening. They will put you down for reservations and the same waiter. 

As far as traditional set time (which does exist) MDR dining is concerned, per Celebrity website: "You’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants, while having the option to dine in the other three upon request."

3 minutes ago, CruiseMrB said:

As far as traditional set time (which does exist) MDR dining is concerned, per Celebrity website: "You’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants, while having the option to dine in the other three upon request."

When I was on the Beyond, it was announced that everyone had Anytime Dining no what what it said in your booking.  You just showed up when you wanted to dine at any of the 4 restaurants.  Don't believe everything you read on the website.  

• Like 4

Just now, keesar said:

When I was on the Beyond, it was announced that everyone had Anytime Dining no what what it said in your booking.  You just showed up when you wanted to dine at any of the 4 restaurants.  Don't believe everything you read on the website.  

Exactly. The website just has old standard language. Once onboard it’s totally up to you where and when you dine. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Exactly. The website just has old standard language. Once onboard it’s totally up to you where and when you dine. 

Really? That's exactly what we DON'T want. We LIKE the set time and place and have it taken care of before we board. It's a lovely thing for us.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

This is true only on the E class?  I haven't been on Celebrity over 10 years but booked the Equinox in the Mediterranean next summer.  The invoice from my travel agent says "6:00 pm confirmed" for dining.    Can I expect traditional dining (assigned table and time) on the Equinox?   Thanks.  

6 minutes ago, CruiseMrB said:

Really? That's exactly what we DON'T want. We LIKE the set time and place and have it taken care of before we board. It's a lovely thing for us.

The dining rooms opened at 5:30 pm.  Lines started forming at 5:10 pm.  So if you get there early, you should have your choice of what section to dine in no matter what restaurant you choose.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

This is true only on the E class?  I haven't been on Celebrity over 10 years but booked the Equinox in the Mediterranean next summer.  The invoice from my travel agent says "6:00 pm confirmed" for dining.    Can I expect traditional dining (assigned table and time) on the Equinox?   Thanks.  

Yes, Only on E class.

On Equinox (S Class), if you selected the early 6pm dining, then you will have an assigned dining room and same table every night.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CruiseMrB said:

Yep. Too many people didn't like being assigned to one of the 4 - they wanted to try the different ones (they each have their own ambience) - so bye bye fixed dining on E-class.

I should have been more specific in my query, I understand there is a classic menu available every night in all MDR’s, my question refers to the exclusive items specific to the individual restaurants, the three apps and three entrees. 
My interpretation of the video information was that you could order the “exclusive” menu items of each MDR no matter which restaurant you are in.  
Sorry to belabor this issue, I’m just trying to be clear. 

26 minutes ago, Ensign Pulver said:

I should have been more specific in my query, I understand there is a classic menu available every night in all MDR’s, my question refers to the exclusive items specific to the individual restaurants, the three apps and three entrees. 
My interpretation of the video information was that you could order the “exclusive” menu items of each MDR no matter which restaurant you are in.  

See post #5.

3 hours ago, Joanne G. said:

Yes, the E class works that way but the S class, which equinox is, has the traditional dining you are used to as one of its options

1 hour ago, Ensign Pulver said:

Yes--you can order all of the specialities in any of the 4 restaurants on e-class ships.

Edited by Random Cruizer
  • Like 1