Cruise review for the eyes of for a 10-year-old - Caribbean Princess Dec 3-10

PammyMouse

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for starting a live from. Looking forward to following along! Please think about writing a review in our review section when you return."

PammyMouse was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 10 points.

Hi friends,

Currently I am awaiting my flight from EWR to FLL, so this seemed like a good time to start this.  Expect this to be pretty tame.  

My dear daughter requested that I FB message her about my cruise - with pictures, and I thought that it would also be good to do a parallel thread here, using the pictures I take for her.  I will do my best to post frequently, but I am not a blogger.  

I booked this in August, got a good deal.  I originally booked a Reserve Mini and bid on an upgrade.  I got lucky (since it appeared sold out) and wound up in a Vista suite in the upgrade process.   I also upgraded my Plus Package to Premier for the multiple device internet, so I am taking full advantage of it.  

I've been on CB before, almost 2 years ago.   I am eager to see her again.  I had a great time in 2022.

All the best,

PM

Edited by PammyMouse
Forgot the rules.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

Hi friends,

Currently I am awaiting my flight from EWR to FLL, so this seemed like a good time to start this.  Expect this to be pretty tame.  

My dear daughter requested that I FB message her about my cruise - with pictures, and I thought that it would also be good to do a parallel thread here, using the pictures I take for her.  I will do my best to post frequently, but I am not a blogger.  

I booked this in August, got a good deal from USAA (Full Disclaimer - I'm not the person who served).  I originally booked a Reserve Mini and bid on an upgrade.  I got lucky (since it appeared sold out) and wound up in a Vista suite in the upgrade process.   I also upgraded my Plus Package to Premier for the multiple device internet, so I am taking full advantage of it.  

I've been on CB before, almost 2 years ago.   I am eager to see her again.  I had a great time in 2022.

All the best,

PM

$20 a day per person just to get the 4 device for internet. I do believe there are cheaper ways to do that unless you are going to use the higher priced wines a lot 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

$20 a day per person just to get the 4 device for internet. I do believe there are cheaper ways to do that unless you are going to use the higher priced wines a lot 

To add more devices they quoted $170.  In the end, I will use the wines and the SD.

2 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

To add more devices they quoted $170.  In the end, I will use the wines and the SD.

2 SD meals is $70-$80. I found tons of great wines at Vines within the Plus package. Check out the Zinfandel 

I haven't done much posting from my phone, sorry, I'm resorting to my computer.  Ignore post 12 since I can't seem to delete the text, etc.

Arrived at the port at about 11:00, left a bag with the porter. Boarding wasn't as smooth as last time, long long line.   We also had twice the number of people.  I got to the port and joined the line.  Eventually someone came and said if we had medallions to follow her.  They were boarding when I was done, so I got right on about 11:30.   Lunch was in MDR, done in half an hour.  Just advised my stateroom is ready.  I'll post more later!

IMG_6592.thumb.jpeg.723a3829530d17d0b168fdd649fff552.jpegIMG_6599.thumb.jpeg.7deb52b9bcf3c336224fb3459b35e1d0.jpeg

• Like 1

Sorry I am so slow!  Met some nice people, chatted and got dinner in the MDR. Now at the late comedy show with Doug Funk.  I’m interested to see how it fills up. Some views:

sail away:

IMG_6616.thumb.jpeg.b9261ec5c9c7187955e7bf5d03fed269.jpeg

Beaches for miles:

IMG_6617.thumb.jpeg.d85f8b5400480dd30cc8c145b2ae4a9a.jpeg
I like to photograph nearby ships in the dark, does anyone recognize this one?

IMG_6619.thumb.jpeg.1e74053427315ad503c215b617de8529.jpeg

Pretty tree!
IMG_6620.thumb.jpeg.3a89f2c1a2345a14ec9d9d14d954e21f.jpeg

IMG_6618.jpeg

• Like 1

Today is Princess Cays!  The other ports are Montego Bay,  Grand Cayman,  and Cozumel.   There are some spots of rain around - decks were wet this morning.

Lido Deck Artwork:IMG_6621.thumb.jpeg.31afe038761a66d4e8cd1956e1413de7.jpeg

The beach:IMG_6622.thumb.jpeg.d88cb86561785a2770918a2748510224.jpeg

I cannot remember if this was here 2 years ago,  but it looks like a pier:IMG_6623.thumb.jpeg.f7a6c795d4695861078c92b3b2527d3a.jpeg

I got a better look at that ship last night,  it was Holland America.  

PM

@PammyMouse  Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

1.  How full is the ship (number onboard)?

2.  How was the boarding process overall.  Timely, organized, amount of time from start to finish?

3.  How was the MDR first day seating, and dining experience for dinner?  Are you an early seating, late seating and was it organized or controlled chaos?

Thanks in advance as we know you are having the time of your life!

Cheers

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

@PammyMouse  Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

1.  How full is the ship (number onboard)?

2.  How was the boarding process overall.  Timely, organized, amount of time from start to finish?

3.  How was the MDR first day seating, and dining experience for dinner?  Are you an early seating, late seating and was it organized or controlled chaos?

Thanks in advance as we know you are having the time of your life!

Cheers

There are no more fixed dining times like early or late

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

There are no more fixed dining times like early or late

But people do like to go sit and eat early and/or late.  And due to your statement above there can be a controlled chaos experience.

Cheers

14 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

But people do like to go sit and eat early and/or late.  And due to your statement above there can be a controlled chaos experience.

Cheers

From my experience there is usually a huge line before the MDR opens and then folks show up at 6:00 often with reservations and find they will have to wait sometimes up to a half hour. The chaos that ensues is not very controlled