Book one more room and lost Haven perks?

AntiGameZ

2 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

I think the biggest issue would be that he would not be able to join then in the Haven only areas. 

If they leave dad in the haven and the other guest gets the extra room in only their name, it could be done theoretically. Dad would just go there to sleep. 

7 minutes ago, aggie311 said:

If they leave dad in the haven and the other guest gets the extra room in only their name, it could be done theoretically. Dad would just go there to sleep. 

The person (OP) in this case would no longer be welcomed in the Haven. I would no longer be going on the cruise in this case....but, thankfully for OP I'm not them. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I can't imagine 6 people in two cabins, regardless of perks or no perks. Why not just book another suite (non-Haven) for 2 of the adults. Six adults then have 3 bathrooms. Mom and Dad need to work out their sleeping arrangements among themselves.

Edited by SPacificbound
added to content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have booked a 2 bedroom suite many times, and one of my dearest friends always joins us. she gets the smaller bedroom, but since it's only her, she makes due, as she gets all the other perks of the cabin. 6 adults is really pushing it. A few years back we cruised with my grandson and one of his friends. they were 18 and 19, and the 2nd bedroom was also sufficient for them both as they were mostly never in the room anyway.

the main bedroom, has a bath, separate stall shower, 2 sinks, and is fairly good sized.

while the 2nd bedroom can accommodate  two adults, it's not ideal, but doable. it has its own toilet,  stall shower, tv set, and the cabin can be closed off from the other rooms.

the problem (imho) arises with the last couple. The only other bedding for them is the pull out couch in the living room. while not horrible in and of itself, it becomes an issue if in the middle of the night one (or both) need to use the bathroom. They then have to enter the either of the other 2 rooms. i dont know about you, but i dont want people coming  into my bedroom to pee at 3 in the morning. Sometimes i get up in the middle of the night just to go on the balcony and see the night sky. Also if i want to spend time at night in the living room, and the other couple wish to go to bed, it presents a problem. I like to sprawl out on the couch with my kindle and read until i'm sleepy enough to go to bed. I may also want to watch a movie that my wife isnt interested in see. Of course i can watch the movie on the tv in our bedroom, but them she's relegated to the living room where the other people may wish to go to bed. i would keep trying to book a another haven cabin, if at all possible, book 2 people in that one, and keep 4 in the 2 bedroom suite. if you can work that out, you can ten work out whichever sleeping arrangements come out the best for all of you

6 adults, and only 2 bathrooms make (again imho) for a very uncomfortable situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SPacificbound said:

I can't imagine 6 people in two cabins, regardless of perks or no perks. Why not just book another suite (non-Haven) for 2 of the adults. Six adults then have 3 bathrooms. Mom and Dad need to work out their sleeping arrangements among themselves.

I wouldn't be person 5 and 6 for free... maybe if I was a kid or in my teens..... No thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two options:

1) get a comfortable air mattress (need to be tested pre-cruise by Dad for his approval) and put it outside on balcony for him to sleep. 

2) after the first night on board approach Guest Services and plead your case … can they find a spare room for Dad to sleep in at nights and you’ll gladly pay for it. 

IMHO I think you’re quite crazy to have booked a single two bedroomed Haven cabin for no less than three adult couples, sorry. 

Hopefully one or the other or both of the above options will help. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Two options:

1) get a comfortable air mattress (need to be tested pre-cruise by Dad for his approval) and put it outside on balcony for him to sleep. 

2) after the first night on board approach Guest Services and plead your case … can they find a spare room for Dad to sleep in at nights and you’ll gladly pay for it. 

IMHO I think you’re quite crazy to have booked a single two bedroomed Haven cabin for no less than three adult couples, sorry. 

Hopefully one or the other or both of the above options will help. 

I think it's called inexperienced not "crazy".

• Like 1

I'm not quite understanding the OP just getting a room outside the Haven (downgrading).  Isn't the cruise less than 60 days away?  Wouldn't you not be able to just downgrade everyone?   I would think you'd have to cancel the Haven room, loose your money and book a new reservation for the group outside of the Haven. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SPacificbound said:

There is nothing about being person 5 or 6 free.

They weren’t saying guests 5&6 were free, they were saying they wouldn’t want to be guest 5&6 in an 2-bdrm suite even if it was free. Sleeping on a pull out sofa in the living room with no bathrooms is a miserable way to spend the evenings. Wouldn’t do it for free……

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

They weren’t saying guests 5&6 were free, they were saying they wouldn’t want to be guest 5&6 in an 2-bdrm suite even if it was free. Sleeping on a pull out sofa in the living room with no bathrooms is a miserable way to spend the evenings. Wouldn’t do it for free……

Glad to see someone understood what I was saying

• Like 3