Facial Recognition?

39august

I believe I have been out of FLL 8 times since the restart.  Am usually part of the carry-off crowd.  They always had facial recognition but it did go down one time.  When this happened, there were two immigration agents in booths and one outside the booth, they were glancing no more than 3 seconds at passports, no questions were asked nor would they enter anything in the computer.  Went very quickly but could see them still becoming overwhelmed quickly

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

IF there ever is a long line, a porter can get you through much quicker..well worth the tip, IMHO.  

For embarkation which is the exact opposite of the OPs thread?  I haven't seen any sort of long line since 2021 on X but have on Carnival.  If you want to dive into the weeds, you can bribe the crew member manning the disembarkation door to be the first one off the ship.  I'm sure there are a lot of other bribes one could do

21 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

For embarkation which is the exact opposite of the OPs thread?  I haven't seen any sort of long line since 2021 on X but have on Carnival.  If you want to dive into the weeds, you can bribe the crew member manning the disembarkation door to be the first one off the ship.  I'm sure there are a lot of other bribes one could do

We disembarked MSC this past September at Port Canaveral..must have been a snafu at the facial recognition area...we had a few bags, when we located them in the terminal, porter asked if we needed a hand.  Wife and I said yes, we went to a separate door with a customs agent checking passports, there might have been 2-3 folks in line..no fuss...I did give him a tip after he loaded the bags into my car..it is a decent walk to the car.  

That's my experience disembarking this particular cruise....there was a lady saying if you want to skip the lines, get a porter. 

FWIW, one of the YC Butlers took a group of about 10 of us right to the scanner to get off the boat...ship was delayed coming in to PC.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Thanks 1