Drink policy on Princess?

space27

What are the rules for bringing canned non-alcoholic drinks onboard a princess cruise? My daughter is interested in bringing cans of sprite. How big and how many cans can we bring per person? Also, I know there is a corkage fee for opening a bottle of wine in the main dining room, there isn't anything for non-alcoholic drinks, right? We've been on many cruises but we've always bought the drink package or just not cared about having any drinks, so this is our first time considering bringing some. 

The written info says 12 cans per person. You can always buy more in port. Also, you can bring one 750ml bottle of wine per adult with no fee. Many do that and then keep it in the cabin, pour a glass there, and take it to the dining room. In that way they avoid corkage fees.

Edited by Thrak

2 minutes ago, space27 said:

What are the rules for bringing canned non-alcoholic drinks onboard a princess cruise? My daughter is interested in bringing cans of sprite. How big and how many cans can we bring per person? Also, I know there is a corkage fee for opening a bottle of wine in the main dining room, there isn't anything for non-alcoholic drinks, right? We've been on many cruises but we've always bought the drink package or just not cared about having any drinks, so this is our first time considering bringing some. 

You can carry on 1 12 pack of canned soda 12 oz per person.  Must be carried on and not passed to porters and cannot be bottles.  You can carry on 1 bottle of wine per person over 21 corkage free for consumption in stateroom.  Any additional bottles require a corkage fee. These additional bottles may be consumed anywhere on the ship.

15 minutes ago, space27 said:

No issue at all.   Rules say one 12 pack person, but they don't check, at least at FLL

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

You can carry on 1 12 pack of canned soda 12 oz per person.  Must be carried on and not passed to porters and cannot be bottles.  You can carry on 1 bottle of wine per person over 21 corkage free for consumption in stateroom.  Any additional bottles require a corkage fee. These additional bottles may be consumed anywhere on the ship.

We carried on plastic bottles of coke zero yesterday at FLL.  Not sure about other ports.

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We carried on plastic bottles of coke zero yesterday at FLL.  Not sure about other ports.

My bad, I meant to quantify that as glass bottles.  You are correct, plastic bottles are fine.

• Like 1