Medallion shipping and USPS tracking

mrell345

I received the notification that my medallions had shipped (to Canada) last Wednesday.  In the email there is a USPS tracking number and a link to their tracking page but so far it keeps saying "Status Not Available".  

Has anyone else had this issue ?  Is the number they are using not trackable ?

14 hours ago, dog said:

I order today-$15 US.

I went to green lane as soon as I put in credit card. Has not shown up on my Amex yet.

shipping to Canada- we will see.

I think Princess charge your credit card a few days before shipping. I ordered our medallions about 6 weeks ago and my CC was charged Dec 1st. Our cruise is Dec 27th, so hopefully the medallion will be shipped very soon. 

• Thanks 1

So as USPS is still not tracking this number I called Princess to check on this out of curiosity.  They transferred me over to Ocean Ready and the lady there seemed to be saying that they would actually ship on the 11th or 12th of Dec (cruise is on 23rd).  I asked if she meant they are expected to arrive on the 11/12 or if they are just shipped on this date.  She said "Yes" and I couldn't get here to clarify.

So I will wait and see.  Not the worst thing if they dont arrive before we leave as we just have to do blue lane and get new medallions but I would prefer to have them and do Green lane.  Since, from what I am reading, they don't seem to have a priority lane for Platinum/Elite members any more we just have to get in line with everyone else.

13 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

So as USPS is still not tracking this number I called Princess to check on this out of curiosity.  They transferred me over to Ocean Ready and the lady there seemed to be saying that they would actually ship on the 11th or 12th of Dec (cruise is on 23rd).  I asked if she meant they are expected to arrive on the 11/12 or if they are just shipped on this date.  She said "Yes" and I couldn't get here to clarify.

So I will wait and see.  Not the worst thing if they dont arrive before we leave as we just have to do blue lane and get new medallions but I would prefer to have them and do Green lane.  Since, from what I am reading, they don't seem to have a priority lane for Platinum/Elite members any more we just have to get in line with everyone else.

Hi - We are in the US and have a USPS tracking number - package seems to move a little closer each day, but still in Los Angeles. We are also on the cruising on the 23rd. I will let you know if/when we receive them. 

The medallions are shipped from overseas, (China is one place). You may or may not see tracking until the medallions reach the US.  Then they are sent to a central shipping location, (or two) and finally to your local post office who delivers them.  All this  saves Princess money and doesn’t seem to be because of the USPS.  

Edited by milolii

2 minutes ago, milolii said:

The medallions are shipped from overseas, (China is one place). You may or may not see tracking until the medallions reach the US.  Then they are sent to a central shipping location, and finally to your local post office who delivers them. 

I agree.  But you're not going to get a USPS tracking number until it hits the west coast and "accepted" by the post office.  At that point (in my opinion) tracking (for whatever reason) just seems to fall off a cliff.

Ours are coming to Canada, you would think if they were coming from overseas they would come directly here and not have to travel though the US.

Everyone else sending packages for Christmas is probably not helping either.

Edited by mrell345

5 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

Ours are coming to Canada, you would think if they were coming from overseas they would come directly here and not have to travel though the US.

I cannot swear to this, but I'm pretty sure the US west coast is the entry point even if it's going to Canada.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrell345 said:

I just got my medallion today - notification Nov 27 with USPS tracking number that never worked - arrived Dec 7 - it was shipped by Canada Post Xpresspost from Mississauga, Ont so suspect for Canada they ship from US in a batch to USPS then batch sent on to Mississauga "Ocean Medallion Fulfillment" location and put in Canada Post.  Lots of time in advance as  I leave December 19th. Reassuring.  Confusing with the USPS tracking code but I think maybe it's part of the bigger batch sent out so won't track as individual item. Only a guess.  We will learn as this is new for us Canadians.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AGE CRUISER said:

I just got my medallion today - notification Nov 27 with USPS tracking number that never worked - arrived Dec 7 - it was shipped by Canada Post Xpresspost from Mississauga, Ont so suspect for Canada they ship from US in a batch to USPS then batch sent on to Mississauga "Ocean Medallion Fulfillment" location and put in Canada Post.  Lots of time in advance as  I leave December 19th. Reassuring.  Confusing with the USPS tracking code but I think maybe it's part of the bigger batch sent out so won't track as individual item. Only a guess.  We will learn as this is new for us Canadians.

Good to know, I will post when mine arrives, you didn't receive a Canada post email I am assuming?

1 minute ago, mrell345 said:

Good to know, I will post when mine arrives, you didn't receive a Canada post email I am assuming?

I got notified today that ours got shipped with a USPS tracking number, which, again doesn’t seem to work, as the packages are eventually offloaded to Canada Post. As long as they get here before our Dec 27 sailing with all the other Christmas cards/packages and shut down from Christmas Eve through Boxing Day. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

No nothing from Canada Post and of course they have their own tracking number which we have no way of knowing.  Guess we need to provide feedback on our post-cruise survey so they can learn as newer process for Princess mailing to Canada. Not that it would change!  

Just got our medallions delivered by Canada Post Xpresspost.

So for Canadians it is taking about 9 days, Ignore the USPS tracking number sent as it does not seem to have anything to do with our delivery or it is not traceable by us.

• Like 2