Medallion shipping and USPS tracking

mrell345

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tjka said:

Ok, thanks, hopefully you'll get your delivery soon. This is my first time having the medallionScreenshot2024-03-21090743.jpg.4f01051fa1b8c9ef2dccdf9a9c2af00a.jpg shipped as I usually picked it up from the port.  I assumed that having it shipped will save a bit of time waiting to pick it up at the port.  I see that my medallion was shipped via FedEx International Priority service which has a 1 to 3 business day delivery service level.  This morning I see that my shipment has went from Singapore to Japan and now is in Tennessee but is running a bit late as seen in the latest tracking information but it's still more than a week from the cruise so hopefully it'll be delivered soon.  

Screenshot 2024-03-21 092129.jpg

Our Medallions arrived last night…2 weeks before boarding. It took a week for the package to travel an hour to be delivered to our house.

Having arrived overnight at FedEx’s Memphis hub I’d guess your Medallions will be delivered tomorrow because they’re so efficient unlike the USPS.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On 3/21/2024 at 10:38 AM, Astro Flyer said:

Our Medallions arrived last night…2 weeks before boarding. It took a week for the package to travel an hour to be delivered to our house.

Having arrived overnight at FedEx’s Memphis hub I’d guess your Medallions will be delivered tomorrow because they’re so efficient unlike the USPS.

You are right, my medallions arrived by FedEx today, just one day after International shipment release was done at the Memphis Tennessee FedEx hub.  

• Like 1

In my opinion, Princess waits to long to ship the medallions. We got ours the day before we left. It caused stress.  I know, I know, we would have been able to get them at the ship, but why wait so long.

On 3/20/2024 at 4:00 PM, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve had faster FedEx delivery from Singapore than going from Carson, CA to my home an hour away. I’m on the next cruise & shipping by 4PX EXPRESS USA & the USPS it’s taking nearly a week to go the short distance to our house.

We got the email on the 13th that our Medallions were being shipped out of Carson. We got them at our Long Beach house on the 16th. 

We were notified a few days ago that our Medallions had been shipped for our April 10th embarkation on the Majestic.  USPS Informed Delivery shows that they will be delivered today.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 2and2 said:

In my opinion, Princess waits to long to ship the medallions. We got ours the day before we left. It caused stress.  I know, I know, we would have been able to get them at the ship, but why wait so long.

I’ve read posts from those who ordered them for delivery but they didn’t arrive before boarding which slowed down boarding. They got a cruise card at check-in to allow them to board & then had to wait in a long line at Guest Services to have them make their Medallion…not a good way to start a cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

We got our medallions a day before we left. Then when we were boarding they had a blue line and green line. We went in the green line. They had you check in with your medallion. To my surprise, it took us around ten minutes to check in. 

• Like 1

Lots of delays in delivery.  Agree Princess ships too close to cruise dates.  Still amazed why people put themselves through the stressful wondering if they will arrive.

A lot easier to pick them up at the pier.  It added about 1 minute each time to our check-in.   Just started processing us while another person walked a few feet to the boxes of Medallions and handed us ours.

Crazy to create what could be a hassle.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Still amazed why people put themselves through the stressful wondering if they will arrive.

To be honest, personally I just like the feeling I get of receiving them. It just mentally makes it official that our cruise is coming up really soon.

Its the closest we get now a days to that feeling we use to get many-many years ago when we got this huge package from FedEx with our “official” boarding docs and literature of all the excursions that were available (before you could pre-book them) and a bunch of cruise line swag.

For us, it’s just kind of cool to get something physical that starts us getting excited about the upcoming cruise. But, certainly wouldn’t freak out if it didn’t get to us on time.

Cheers

PS: Wildcats are looking pretty good in the NCAA tournament 😊

Edited by AZjohn
  • Like 3

What is the reason Princess not offering the medallion to be shipped to home address? Only option is to pickup at the pier.

Thanks