Medallion shipping and USPS tracking

mrell345

All medallions are shipped from Singapore via a contract with a Chinese shipper.  US tracking shows them landing in Illinois and then to LA (wheee) and after they marinate in LA for a day or two they ship out, probably on an air shipment, to a location nearby.  We received ours about 1.5 weeks before sail date.

On 12/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

The tracking on medallions really seems to have a life of its own!  They seem to move all around the country.  I personally don't think it's worth even *looking* at tracking for them...I don't think it is accurate at all!

Mine started in Illinois, went to Los Angeles and now has arrived in a large city near me back in the Midwest! 😆 Supposed to be here tomorrow or Tuesday...we'll see!

On 12/10/2023 at 3:06 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

Mine started in Illinois, went to Los Angeles and now has arrived in a large city near me back in the Midwest! 😆 Supposed to be here tomorrow or Tuesday...we'll see!

Arrived Monday...13 days after ordering.

• Like 1

I’m in Canada and was notified Dec 7th that our medallions have been shipped. As reported elsewhere the USPS tracking number just does not work for Canadians. Our medallions arrived today in our mailbox in just 6 days, shipped by Canada Post XPress Post, but again with no Canada Post tracking number. However, very relieved for the fast delivery. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, redtop101 said:

I’m in Canada and was notified Dec 7th that our medallions have been shipped. As reported elsewhere the USPS tracking number just does not work for Canadians. Our medallions arrived today in our mailbox in just 6 days, shipped by Canada Post XPress Post, but again with no Canada Post tracking number. However, very relieved for the fast delivery. 

Given that they have just started doing the Canadian shipping...they may just still be working the bugs out of the process...

We got a shipment notice Dec 7 for our Dec 28 sailing. One week later and they haven't moved - still showing USPS awaiting item from shipping partner in Jamaica, NY. We live in California. We fly out in 11 days so I'm hopeful we'll get them before we leave. Whenever there's a 3rd party shipping partner involved, you can count on at least 7-10 extra days.

29 minutes ago, Auntiejo said:

We got a shipment notice Dec 7 for our Dec 28 sailing. One week later and they haven't moved - still showing USPS awaiting item from shipping partner in Jamaica, NY. We live in California. We fly out in 11 days so I'm hopeful we'll get them before we leave. Whenever there's a 3rd party shipping partner involved, you can count on at least 7-10 extra days.

Don't put a lot of faith in that tracking info. You may very well receive them tomorrow!

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2023 at 8:36 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Given that they have just started doing the Canadian shipping...they may just still be working the bugs out of the process...

The Canadian ones come from a fulfillment centre in Mississauga via Canada Post.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:30 AM, Auntiejo said:

Update: Mine are out for delivery today! Tracking updated yesterday

On 12/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, AGE CRUISER said:

I'm also in Canada - Nov 27 e-mail shipped and still getting no status message like you.  I leave Dec 19 sail 21st.  

We are Canadian and traveled on the Sky in early Nov from Southampton.  We received the Medallions about two weeks before sailing.  We got notice of shipping with tracking but were not able to track and the package arrived by Canada Post.

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

Question. Does USPS tracking actually work once the package is delivered from a U.S. post office to a Canadian Post Office? 

Not that any of us have seen, no.  It just shows up 6 to 9 days later

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Question. Does USPS tracking actually work once the package is delivered from a U.S. post office to a Canadian Post Office? 

It looks like they go to a Fulfillment center in Mississauga, ON then sent out by C.P.

No tracking app.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd note for Canadians wanting to track the medallion shipment, We are sailing on Feb 25th and just received the email from Princess that the Medallions were shipped on Feb 1st. Of course the USPS tracking number was included and when you click on it you get...

image.thumb.png.b6d19a8a1ae1c19f1fe2a3bf34daff1a.png

However if you take that same tracking number and go to Canada Posts web site and enter it in, a result is returned. As least for me!

image.thumb.png.563e30ef4044dd54b809a482afb090ab.png

Good-luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisebabe63 said:

Thought I'd note for Canadians wanting to track the medallion shipment, We are sailing on Feb 25th and just received the email from Princess that the Medallions were shipped on Feb 1st. Of course the USPS tracking number was included and when you click on it you get...

image.thumb.png.b6d19a8a1ae1c19f1fe2a3bf34daff1a.png

However if you take that same tracking number and go to Canada Posts web site and enter it in, a result is returned. As least for me!

image.thumb.png.563e30ef4044dd54b809a482afb090ab.png

Good-luck

This was not the case for me near Toronto.  Credit card charged Thursday. Email it was shipped and it only had Express Post- could not track it.  Label says Mississauga Ontario. Arrived this week.

I received email notification that our medallions shipped on January 28th. They just arrived to us. I was surprised how quickly they got here. FYI I live in Canada.  Side note: having the medallions now makes it all feel so real. I cannot wait to head out in two weeks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm in California and our Princess cruise is on March 31st from Los Angeles and I just received an email notification today (March 20th) that our medallions have been shipped.  They are being shipped from Singapore via FedEx.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 145819.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tjka said:

I'm in California and our Princess cruise is on March 31st from Los Angeles and I just received an email notification today (March 20th) that our medallions have been shipped.  They are being shipped from Singapore via FedEx.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 145819.jpg

I’ve had faster FedEx delivery from Singapore than going from Carson, CA to my home an hour away. I’m on the next cruise & shipping by 4PX EXPRESS USA & the USPS it’s taking nearly a week to go the short distance to our house.

Hopefully you’ll have as good of results as we did from Singapore via Honolulu for customs…all in 3 days. That’s less than half the time it’s taking for our delivery arriving from an hour away.

17 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve had faster FedEx delivery from Singapore than going from Carson, CA to my home an hour away. I’m on the next cruise & shipping by 4PX EXPRESS USA & the USPS it’s taking nearly a week to go the short distance to our house.

Hopefully you’ll have as good of results as we did from Singapore via Honolulu for customs…all in 3 days. That’s less than half the time it’s taking for our delivery arriving from an hour away.

Ok, thanks, hopefully you'll get your delivery soon. This is my first time having the medallionScreenshot2024-03-21090743.jpg.4f01051fa1b8c9ef2dccdf9a9c2af00a.jpg shipped as I usually picked it up from the port.  I assumed that having it shipped will save a bit of time waiting to pick it up at the port.  I see that my medallion was shipped via FedEx International Priority service which has a 1 to 3 business day delivery service level.  This morning I see that my shipment has went from Singapore to Japan and now is in Tennessee but is running a bit late as seen in the latest tracking information but it's still more than a week from the cruise so hopefully it'll be delivered soon.  

Screenshot 2024-03-21 092129.jpg

1 minute ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Last summer our medallions shipped from Singapore and arrived in SW Florida the next day.  Amazing!  It was sent FedEx

Next day delivery from Singapore to Florida was amazing fast delivery service.  Sometimes I have seen FedEx missed a beat and their deliveries were late but most of time they were fast and on time.

• Like 2