Essiesmom sails Seashore Dec. 7-17. A Live From from Below the Salt

Essiesmom

EM: Dinning Doors Close 3 mins after Seating Time's !!!  Normal 15mins.  For real?  On page.

Wash rag in Room ?  Tissues ? Many Bars open after 7:00 looks like. Its MSC!!!

Island Girl Today?  Walking?                Thanks for Posting.            The Bilge

Edited by Bilge Rat 2

2 hours ago, Bilge Rat 2 said:

EM: Dinning Doors Close 3 mins after Seating Time's !!!  Normal 15mins.  For real?  On page.

Wash rag in Room ?  Tissues ? Many Bars open after 7:00 looks like. Its MSC!!!

Island Girl Today?  Walking?                Thanks for Posting.            The Bilge

I noticed the 3 min  timeframe too...gave me a laugh just imagining the chaos. It gets ugly enough ,especially on first night. Just a typo...we hope.

I’m back from a brief sojourn off the ship.  Just to get in some steps and walking time. Didn’t leave the port area, browsed the shops, didn’t buy.  Has been temperate with a breeze so comfortable.  Time to shower and dress white.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I’m back from a brief sojourn off the ship.  Just to get in some steps and walking time. Didn’t leave the port area, browsed the shops,

So you did not have any 'incident' that you might relate that occurred during your sojourn ? The last time we got off the ship 'to stretch our legs' was in Cozumel. Walking down the street a young man comes out of a shop with a big smile on his face and says he recognizes us. We look at him more closely then at each other to see if either of us remembers him. Then he says "I'm your waiter on the ship !". Now I know we are old, but not senile (yet). He continues with his story. He got time off from the ship to help his family run the shop and.... I stopped him at this point and with a big smile said we will see you back on the ship and reversed our direction back to the ship at a brisker pace. Never saw him in our lives and he wasn't one of our waiters.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

So you did not have any 'incident' that you might relate that occurred during your sojourn ? The last time we got off the ship 'to stretch our legs' was in Cozumel. Walking down the street a young man comes out of a shop with a big smile on his face and says he recognizes us. We look at him more closely then at each other to see if either of us remembers him. Then he says "I'm your waiter on the ship !". Now I know we are old, but not senile (yet). He continues with his story. He got time off from the ship to help his family run the shop and.... I stopped him at this point and with a big smile said we will see you back on the ship and reversed our direction back to the ship at a brisker pace. Never saw him in our lives and he wasn't one of our waiters.

No excitement yet today.  Yes, they still do the muster that way.  The drill was. O longer running on my tv but they announce the number to call.  I think it is the same on all ships.

I came back and fortunately they let us board the far forward gangway.  I fiddled around in the cabin, then washed my hair.  The shower was being difficult and not giving hot water but the sink was so I managed.  I later fiddled with it some more and finally found hot water.  
    It’s white night, so it’s white capris with a white T-shirt with big red poinsettia.  
 Dinner menu included below.  I had the guacamole with chips, three of them for a lot of guacamole.  And the grouper.  I am trying to avoid beef…. I passed on dessert to have my first gelato of the trip.  
  I’m still exploring the ship.  I  tried to get into Cabaret Rouge but there was a private party on until 8.  So I searched and found the Uptown Lounge and watch Majority Rules…which is a rather lame game.  Now we have karaoke.  

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0745.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0755.png

IMG_0754.png

IMG_0753.jpeg

Edited by Essiesmom
Add pics
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is MSC still charging extra for additional main courses in MDR out of US ports?  We were on World Europa in the Med couple weeks ago.  We were able to get as many entrees as we wished at no additional charge.

Yes they are charging $5 for each extra entree. It is noted in tiny print on the menus I posted. 
  I stayed through the entire karaoke. Some were very good, some good, some okay and a few…. Well, one young fellow had excellent expression, but he was pretty much a monotone. I am back in the cabin charging my iPad any the phone will need it next. Watching the tv on the Bride channel. There is a g missing…Ocean Cay tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Up early,  bEd is too hard and my hips are sore.  I watched us back in from my window.  The guys setting the lines were right outside my window.  
  I’m trying the mdr for breakfast.  They are only open until 0830.  Port day, but I think they should be open until 0900 at least.  
   Not impressed with the service so far.  The waitress came, I asked for juice and she said someone else will come by for that.  She tapped her paper ‘food, madam, food’.  I’m an old lady but I’m not senile.  So far they have been twice to offer pastries, but no water or juice.  After 10 minutes.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Up early,  bEd is too hard and my hips are sore.  I watched us back in from my window.  The guys setting the lines were right outside my window.  
  I’m trying the mdr for breakfast.  They are only open until 0830.  Port day, but I think they should be open until 0900 at least.  
   Not impressed with the service so far.  The waitress came, I asked for juice and she said someone else will come by for that.  She tapped her paper ‘food, madam, food’.  I’m an old lady but I’m not senile.  So far they have been twice to offer pastries, but no water or juice.  After 10 minutes.

Ok Em; MSC Training. 'Rat Trap" the Juice Guy! Get more than ONE. LOL    MSC Normal .Have Tips. May Share. No order till Juice comes. May work?

We all will be waiting for your Adventurers on O/C today.                                                                                                      from The Bilge, Deck (1) engine Room

Edited by Bilge Rat 2

Omelet with cheese, onion, peppers, tomato was heavy on the tomato.  Juice was very watered down.  I mix grapefruit and orange.  I am still undecided if it was really grapefruit or pineapple.  
  One of the trees has gained some packages.  

90A33BF0-AAC1-476E-B5D9-0CB12299DB1F.jpeg

D3838CDB-4D49-4970-B50F-E32120BDEA42.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Omelet with cheese, onion, peppers, tomato was heavy on the tomato.  Juice was very watered down.  I mix grapefruit and orange.  I am still undecided if it was really grapefruit or pineapple.  
  One of the trees has gained some packages.  

They may add more decorations around the ship as they get closer to Christmas.  Your sailing is technically not a Christmas sailing. 

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Can you ask for a foam mattress topper ? Not sure if MSC has them. 

16 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Walking down the street a young man comes out of a shop with a big smile on his face and says he recognizes us. We look at him more closely then at each other to see if either of us remembers him. Then he says "I'm your waiter on the ship !".

We get this line from someone every time we go to Cozumel.  Last time it happened DH told him that he had a complaint about the food and the service.  The guy knew we were on to him so we all just laughed.  The first time we actually fell for it though...we were staying at an all inclusive in Cancun and took a day trip over to Isla Mujeres, which was a short ferry ride away from the resort.  A guy said, "I am your waiter at ____."  It was plausible because at the time the employees were still wearing face coverings.  Anyway, he ended up being extremely helpful in guiding us to the golf cart pick up location we were seeking.  He also showed us his shop.  We didn't buy anything but tipped him for his help.  It's a way to engage a potential customer, I guess.  Anyway, lesson learned about carrying a bag with an identifiable logo on it...they zero in on it right away.

• Thanks 2

I asked for an egg crate on Seaside and maybe she really didn’t know what I wanted because she just put another topper on the bed.  Hardly helped.  I will ask, but I have two in the back of my car and can get one tomorrow.  
Belowj is the letter of instructions for turnaround day.  I will stay on to be processed and then go to the car if necessary and not have to stay off until noon.

I am back from a jaunt off the ship to Ocean Cay.  Purpose was more pictures…I will post later as they are in my phone and I am on my iPad, and they don’t sync with the cloud very well when on the ship.  I went as far as the Seakers food court but didn’t go in.  I had no plans to eat but thought those in line would object if I just walked past them to look…

I circled around and went to lighthouse point.  Then it was back to the ship.  Weather is lovely, though hot if not in shade.  There is a nice breeze and I had to grab my hat and tie it down…

Back onboard I went straight up to the buffet and had some salad.  Now I am back in the cabin…typing on my iPad.  I feel a nap approaching…

D294AFC6-1F14-4C3A-AB66-3689260E5658.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Was not very hungry for supper. Only one at my 8 top. Ordered the veggie spring rolls, wedge salad and Mac and cheese. Didn’t eat much of the Mac. Got my iced tea bottle filled in the mdr so brought it to my cabin. Asked Ali about Matteo topper and he has managed something. Dropped off the tea and went to find a lounge to sit until show time. Rock Royalty tonight. 
  Another night when the women are gussied up. Saw a few men in suits, too. 
  The show was good. I think I may have seen a version of it before. There are 14 in the cast. All dance but there are four main singers and two others that sang. They ended the show with We are the World, which I remembered from another cruise or two,  it not on Seaside this time. 
  After the show I had my dessert gelato and people watched  

Back in the cabin for an early night. Busy day tomorrow. 

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

IMG_0808.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Was not very hungry for supper. Only one at my 8 top. Ordered the veggie spring rolls, wedge salad and Mac and cheese. Didn’t eat much of the Mac. Got my iced tea bottle filled in the mdr so brought it to my cabin. Asked Ali about Matteo topper and he has managed something. Dropped off the tea and went to find a lounge to sit until show time. Rock Royalty tonight. 
  Another night when the women are gussied up. Saw a few men in suits, too. 
  The show was good. I think I may have seen a version of it before. There are 14 in the cast. All dance but there are four main singers and two others that sang. They ended the show with We are the World, which I remembered from another cruise or two,  it not on Seaside this time. 
  After the show I had my dessert gelato and people watched  

Back in the cabin for an early night. Busy day tomorrow. 

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0807.jpeg

IMG_0808.jpeg

Spring Rolls a Bilge Rat favorites. But Cruise lines never have specie mustard. Bilge can and will make aboard next week. EM   I think Its time Too pack. LoL Tomorrow night U may hear Ghost Bilge running in the A/C duckwork after Midnight.     Good Job!!  O/C Photos?        The Bilge

I have plenty of Ocean Cay photos,  and there are many on my previous blog on Seaside.  Will post later today when I have Wi-Fi on my surface pro and can space the pics with titles.  We are in the channel now..

Ali got me a foam pad, much better but not perfect.  He also gave me a box of tissue!  I rejected the bottle of bubbly and macarons.  

• Like 3

I felt/heard the thrusters, think we are turning, go to the window to see, and they are washing the windows!  No rain predicted at tHis time…

DBE55E55-E196-4850-8619-3095F40C576D.jpeg
Hmmm…maybe it is raining?  Looks like some drops on the window in front of the ‘bride’ cam.

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I felt/heard the thrusters, think we are turning, go to the window to see, and they are washing the windows!  No rain predicted at tHis time…

DBE55E55-E196-4850-8619-3095F40C576D.jpeg
Hmmm…maybe it is raining?  Looks like some drops on the window in front of the ‘bride’ cam.

Its the misters  you see on the top.sides of the windows ( 10 &2 ). One thing I was impressed with as in some places these are not easily accessible windows to wash even from the docks. We are enjoying your comments and pictures. I hope you get that mattress straightened out for your next segment. 

• Like 1