Has HAL gone to room cleaning once a day for all categories? NO.

mafig

I know that many cruise lines only do room cleaning once a day.

However, I thought that suites were excluded from this.  

We were recently on Rotterdam in a Vista A (I know, not really a suite....but).  We were asked by our room steward if we wanted room cleaning once a day or twice.

I was sort of surprised we were asked this.

I hate to throw water on this, but you could have chosen once a day or nonce in a Neptune Suite in the mid 2000s.

Just because a lot of cruise lines are doing X does not mean that it applies everywhere.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with "category."  I just got off a 9 day Rotterdam cruise where I had an inside cabin.  On the first day our head steward introduced himself and his assistant and asked if we prefer once or twice a day - I said once, but would he please check each evening just to see if I've prepared a bag of laundry for him to take.  He did just that, and all was great.  I've been in every category of HAL cabin except Pinnacle suite (but have sailed with friends who were in one) and I've never noticed any difference in cabin service.  Even in Neptune suites before Covid, I would tell them once a day cleaning up was enough but please check for laundry.  

Edited by Moriah
  • Like 6

Once a day is fine with us, and it seems that has been the rule over the past couple of years.  However, I always want towels replaced in the evening.  Sometimes they remember, and sometimes they forget.  That is the only downer.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Has HAL gone to room cleaning once a day for all categories? NO.
  • Host Jazzbeau locked this topic