Crackers for cheese

breadandbutter

@breadandbutter

The butler brought us similar cheese trays to Birds’ every other day, with too few crackers. They were always the water crackers, with some extra saltines one day (?!?). We asked for extra. 

of course that only applies to suites/havens, but you can ask your waiter for some of these as … obviously… they exist onboard.

Photos of cheese availability in my Almost Live thread

Note: some guys’ photos hijacked my thread cuz the posted the first photo - kind of ticks me off every time I post a link since it looks like they are the ones who authored the thread. (Due to work, I tend to be a stickler for correct attribution) Note to all people posting Lives or post-cruise Reports…post a photo or image quickly. I was planning to post a photo of the actual new ship as the first headliner photo

Edited by ColdCruise
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColdCruise said:

Note: some guys’ photos hijacked my thread cuz the posted the first photo - kind of ticks me off every time I post a link since it looks like they are the ones who authored the thread. (Due to work, I tend to be a stickler for correct attribution) Note to all people posting Lives or post-cruise Reports…post a photo or image quickly. I was planning to post a photo of the actual new ship as the first headliner photo

???

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

Thanks for the belly laugh! 

• Like 1

For those in steerage - in the buffet crackers may be at the soup section. If not ask at the counter. In the dining room ask for crackers with the cheese plate they may just bring individually packaged saltines but it’s better than nothing. They don’t automatically bring crackers. 

I have never had any trouble getting cheese and crackers in the main dining room instead of a dessert except on my last cruise on the Star, on this ship I was repeatedly told they don't have cheese available. On a couple of occasions when I did not order an alternative they magically found some.
They normally even have a stock of cellophane wrapped crackers at the waiter stations.

We’ve ordered the cheese option in MDR as dessert and as an appetizer but I think mostly before Covid shutdown, not on our last 2 cruises. It was listed on the menu with the desserts. It came with crackers but don’t remember what type.

I vaguely remember seeing it on Viva last month, but didn’t order it. We had our secret stash in the cabin since we splurged out on a suite (well really only 350pp more than our balcony … so not a huge splurge). Unfortunately for the budget, hubs now wants to stay in suites….. 

can pax just bring on a package of their own choosing in their luggage? If anyone questions it just say you need it to counteract nausea….

2 hours ago, ColdCruise said:

We’ve ordered the cheese option in MDR as dessert and as an appetizer but I think mostly before Covid shutdown, not on our last 2 cruises. It was listed on the menu with the desserts. It came with crackers but don’t remember what type.

I vaguely remember seeing it on Viva last month, but didn’t order it. We had our secret stash in the cabin since we splurged out on a suite (well really only 350pp more than our balcony … so not a huge splurge). Unfortunately for the budget, hubs now wants to stay in suites….. 

can pax just bring on a package of their own choosing in their luggage? If anyone questions it just say you need it to counteract nausea….

I don't believe that a box of crackers is considered contraband.   😏

• Haha 1