Live from the 12/9 Sky Princess.

Host CJSKIDS

7 hours ago, xamsx said:

People do have different expectations and experiences even when on the same vacation. We are on this cruise, I stated some positives and negatives earlier in this thread, and I was basically dismissed for having a different experience and for not expressing everything as sunshine and rainbows. 

I do know we are very unlikely to return to the Sky.  It simply is not for us and the overall experience has been meh. 

sorry you are not  totally enjoying it and if I dismissed your feelings, you have my apologies. We have also had some bumps and issues. Heck they just fixed my balcony railing which was loose! The Princess crew has handled everything quickly for us and always with a smile. Nothing  in cruising is all sunshine and rainbows, . I'm just thrilled to be at sea, even with the poor weather and am enjoying the crew immensely. Maybe I've just been very lucky on this sailing because I've thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Hope you enjoy your last two nights on board and safe travels on Saturday. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I have no problem with the Larry King trio.  Perhaps it is because we are from the same generation.  They do seem to fill most of the seats in their section of the bar.  That being said, I would not play their music in my car 🤭

well you know I'm there every night! 

how was the cooking class today?!!

Bruno is getting off soon, but we had a spectacular dinner in Crown Grill tonight. If he isn't available, ask for Stephen. 

So nice to see management again walking around to all the tables. 

I'm once again a very happy camper! 

IMG_2291.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Bruno is getting off soon, but spectacular dinner in Crown Grill tonight. If he isn't available, ask for Stephen. 

So nice to see management again walking around to all the tables. 

I'm once again a very happy camper! 

IMG_2291.jpeg

@Host CJSKIDS Soon as the next sailing?  Oh have you found out about the treats from Aaron yet?

14 minutes ago, minniegidget said:

@Host CJSKIDS Soon as the next sailing?  Oh have you found out about the treats from Aaron yet?

I have not seen Aaron today. I can look tomorrow and will see if I can get a message to him.
 And Bruno will still be here for the next sailing. 

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

well you know I'm there every night! 

how was the cooking class today?!!

It was lots of fun.  We were part of a lively group from our ship and some of the RCI crowd.

Hank

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

It was lots of fun.  We were part of a lively group from our ship and some of the RCI crowd.

Hank

That's great. Wish we could have joined you. 

Hope to see you both tomorrow. 

15 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It's interesting how people on the same sailing can see the cruise in two completely different ways.

It's really about what you do when life gives you lemons. You can be sour or make lemonade.

True story, we were with 2 other couples on Carnival Splendor when she was stranded at sea for three days. We had no power, hot water, indoor plumbing, or hot food (Kudos to the Mexican Navy for keeping us safe and the USS Ronald Reagan for reloading us).

This was a ruined cruise, but the 6 of us made the best of it (and no, I dont reccomed the beet sandwiches) and have some great stories. And it still beat being at work

Edited by J13C85
Fix typos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, xamsx said:

People do have different expectations and experiences even when on the same vacation. We are on this cruise, I stated some positives and negatives earlier in this thread, and I was basically dismissed for having a different experience and for not expressing everything as sunshine and rainbows. 

I do know we are very unlikely to return to the Sky.  It simply is not for us and the overall experience has been meh. 

I am sorry that you have not enjoyed the Sky. We so loved our cruise last June on the Sky to Norway and Iceland. We had fabulous weather except for really just one day. Our cabin steward was a disappointment but we did not let that bother us a bit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We had folks who HATED the cruise because the Sky doesn't have Crooners.  I know people love Crooners, but 1) do you your homework on the ship you are booking and 2) there are other places to enjoy music, cocktails and fun!

There were a few things that we were a little annoyed by too, but we had a wonderful relaxing week.  It's up to YOU to decide if you are having a good time.  I read once that the only person that can make you mad is yourself.  It's how you deal with a situation that makes the difference.

While there is no Crooners, our experience on Sky was the Crown Grill Bar was awesome and they had live music at times. One of our favorite places on Sky.

7 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

I’ll say the  mood is low on this cruise. 
I’m hoping for some Christmas Cheer and better vibe overall for next week.

**This is my 10th cruise this year and the quietist one yet

You need a few hundred kids to liven things up a bit. 😁

• Haha 3

We are also on this sailing.  As my DW said, this has been a weird cruise. Not necessarily bad, just different. For us this has been the first cruise where we’ve only eaten once in the main dining room. That has never happened as we’ve always eaten there. Perhaps because we’re traveling with another couple? Weather on a scale of 1 to 10 has been a 4 at best, it would’ve been a three if yesterday hadn’t been decent. Lots of rain & wind. Surprisingly, it hasn’t detracted all that much from the cruise. On a positive, I’m always amazed at how upbeat the crew members are. They’re always fantastic. A couple minor issues though. Using the medallion app for ordering drinks has just not worked for us this cruise. We gave up on it after the first couple days. Overall, it’s still been a good cruise though.  More later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J13C85 said:

It's really about what you do when life gives you lemons. You can be sour or make lemonade.

True story, we were with 2 other couples on Carnival Splendor when she was stranded at sea for three days. We had no power, hot water, indoor plumbing, or hot food (Kudos to the Mexican Navy for keeping us safe and the USS Ronald Reagan for reloading us).

This was a ruined cruise, but the 6 of us made the best of it (and no, I dont reccomed the beet sandwiches) and have some great stories. And it still beat being at work

I know where youare coming from. We were having the best cruise ever when the Star Princes fire happened. Even though my cabin was destroyed and I left with the clothes on my back, we still look back on it with fond memories. I chose to remember all the fun times we had on that.sailing. It actually was one of the best! 

8 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Anyone traveling tmrw keep an eye on this pressure system and your flights.

For those driving to or from the ship, drive safe and give yourself extra time as this moves across the state
IMG_3813.thumb.jpeg.b7aa71f3f695810f139fca9fc4c6538a.jpeg

I'm so not looking forward to being in that on the ship or  driving across alligator alley in it. 

12 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I know where youare coming from. We were having the best cruise ever when the Star Princes fire happened. Even though my cabin was destroyed and I left with the clothes on my back, we still look back on it with fond memories. I chose to remember all the fun times we had on that.sailing. It actually was one of the best! 

We were saying the exact same thing before the fire!!  I didn't realize you were in a damaged cabin.  We were Starboard aft and as far from the fire as you could get.