Shoreside Concierge - No Contact

JDPCruisers

I have a Celebrity suite booked I've had a few emails, first was a person introducing themselves and second was a generic reminder. Today I have a less generic one (like not a celebrity templated email just text) with a new person introducing themselves and going through everything

23 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Did not receive anything from the shoreside concierge, another casualty of the recent changes? 

You can always call shoreside concierge. But given how close we are to the sailing, only 2 days away, I'm unsure how effective it will be to contact them at this point. I believe you'll get better results talking to the butler on board.

1 minute ago, tjunmin said:

You can always call shoreside concierge. But given how close we are to the sailing, only 2 days away, I'm unsure how effective it will be to contact them at this point. I believe you'll get better results talking to the butler on board.

I agree, too close at this point. Was just thinking we'd be contacted and nothing. Not that big a deal as I like to meet and deal with someone in person. Just hope we'll be able to get service for what we consider to be simple requests that we've had on previous cruises. But, we had the same wonderful butler on 3 separate cruises who we've kept in contact with.

2 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

I agree, too close at this point. Was just thinking we'd be contacted and nothing. Not that big a deal as I like to meet and deal with someone in person. Just hope we'll be able to get service for what we consider to be simple requests that we've had on previous cruises. But, we had the same wonderful butler on 3 separate cruises who we've kept in contact with.

Sorry to hear you were not contacted. In which type of suite are you?

I was initially contacted over email only, so I called them to put all my requests in.

29 minutes ago, tjunmin said:

Sorry to hear you were not contacted. In which type of suite are you?

I was initially contacted over email only, so I called them to put all my requests in.

In a Sky Suite so maybe it is part of the changes to Sky's?

1 minute ago, JDPCruisers said:

Probably. I believe generally speaking, Sky suite guests are contacted by email, which contains a link to a form to submit requests.

4 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

I've never been contacted by a shoreside concierge when in a Sky Suite. Just an email with a form to complete.

Edited by RichYak

1 minute ago, tjunmin said:

Probably. I believe generally speaking, Sky suite guests are contacted by email, which contains a link to a form to submit requests.

Thanks. We did get a link to a form, but it was very limited, i.e. extra hangers, with no free text to submit additional requests. Oh well, not that big a deal.

1 hour ago, JDPCruisers said:

Most “special handling” is gone for Sky Suites, particularly on E class ships where the are 140+ SS.  We saw the head butler once at the start of a B2B, had 1 request which was handled and beyond that it was line up for  the Retreat Concierges.  Want a snack, coffee in the a.m., lunch in your suite you call Room Service.  DYI mini bar filling or refilling, it is now a cabin with more space in many aspects.

Edited by jelayne

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Most “special handling” is gone for Sky Suites, particularly on E class ships where the are 140+ SS.  We saw the head butler once at the start of a B2B, had 1 request which was handled and beyond that it was line up for  the Retreat Concierges.  Want a snack, coffee in the a.m., lunch in your suite you call Room Service.  DYI mini bar filling or refilling, it is now a cabin with more space in many aspects.

From others on here, as well, sounds like that is the case and with Retreat lounge and Luminae.