Celebrity WiFi charges

bearcomp29

I am looking at Alaska cruises and am weighing up between Princess or Celebrity. 

I mainly cruise with Princess Cruises and there WiFi prices are reasonable.

I have not cruised on Celebrity before but am considering this but would need WiFi to check work emails daily or every second day. 

I would not be interested in purchasing their "all included package" as I only drink water and tea.

What are the internet charges daily on Celebrity Summit?  Is it possible to buy a package for the whole cruise?

Thank you all.

Prices change quite often… for an example… Summit next May, Pacific Coastal, is $22.99/day and Edge Alaska is $25.99/day.  As a comparison, Apex to Canaries/Portugal in Oct 24 is $21.99/day.

The regular price with no sale or “flash sale” that they have every once in awhile is anywhere from $24 to $33 per day on cruises I have booked.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind the prices.

We have found the Starlink internet to be good enough to stream movies and do everything we want to do on social media, etc… even wifi calls have been fine.

45 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Also, if you purchase something in the cruise planner and it later goes on sale, it's easy to cancel and rebook for the lower price.  And, if you've used OBC to pay for the item, the OBC will reappear and be usable again within a few minutes. 

Yes, it is very easy to cancel and rebook. OBC is refunded instantly when you cancel and will be there for you to use when you rebook.

12 hours ago, bearcomp29 said:

I am looking at Alaska cruises and am weighing up between Princess or Celebrity. 

I have not cruised on Celebrity before but am considering this but would need WiFi to check work emails daily or every second day. 

I would not be interested in purchasing their "all included package" as I only drink water and tea.

What are the internet charges daily on Celebrity Summit?  Is it possible to buy a package for the whole cruise?

Thank you all.

Here is a pricing data point:

We will be on Summit for 14 nights this coming April.  I purchased premium Wi-Fi for 2 devices for the entire cruise during a flash sale for $377.86 which works out to $13.50 per day per device.

image.thumb.png.06ec0a8462a47af88be04b54ec6f2052.png

Here is the current pricing (premium wi-fi for the entire cruise) today in my cruise planner for this Summit sailing: $17.99 per day for one device and $32.99 per day for two devices.

image.thumb.png.e3f637a3a4fbd7d17165a1657bff18c6.png

Edited by mahdnc

I still say if you have to check work email, you aren't really on vacation...I'm assuming you are being paid while sailing, which in itself isn't a bad thing.  Unless you own the business, then I'll see myself out.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

I still say if you have to check work email, you aren't really on vacation...I'm assuming you are being paid while sailing, which in itself isn't a bad thing.  Unless you own the business, then I'll see myself out.  🙂

Some of us simply don't have enough vacation days so it's either don't go on vacation at all or work while cruising

• Like 5

14 hours ago, bearcomp29 said:

Thank you all.

As an FYI, Celebrity does NOT go to Glacier Bay.

Also, I would ask in the Alaska forum how well the internet is at that latitude.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

As an FYI, Celebrity does NOT go to Glacier Bay.

Also, I would ask in the Alaska forum how well the internet is at that latitude.

I was on Celebrity Solstice just after they added Starlink, for an Alaska itinerary.

Starlink worked most of the time, the only time we really ran into issues was when we were in the Fjords, and at one of the ports (I forget if it was Ketchikan or Skagway - it's the one that had the train excursion).

IIRC it was averaging about 5Mbps, which is enough to stream movies on Netflix or Youtube at decent quality.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Some of us simply don't have enough vacation days so it's either don't go on vacation at all or work while cruising

Unless your behavior is affecting others (like loudly streaming or video calling) it's no one else's business how much or how little time you spend online.

42 minutes ago, bearcomp29 said:

Thanks for your replies all. 

Do you get notice of the flash sale by email once booked?

Yes, I am still weighing up as well whether Glaicer bay is a must? It seems that the ships on Princess are a bit older.

Yes, usually you get an email.  Also fellow roll call members will also alert you to any sales.