Nieuw Amsterdam Verandah

CruzLady99

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the HAL Forum.  Feel free to ask lots of questions to help in your planning.

I spent 36 days aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam this year (Alaska and Panama Canal) on both Decks 5 and 7.  Deck 7 aft verandah staterooms on Nieuw Amsterdam are about 30 inches deeper than those on Deck 5.

In addition, there are USB outlets on each side of the bed.  The A/C electrical outlets are in the bathroom and above the desk

VB7136

VB7136-2.jpg.78455b4457cffa257bbd54ecc5bd7c1a.jpg

Electrical outlets above the desk in verandah staterooms.

IMG_0352.jpg.cda5db1162aad8499b5706447e1fca05.jpg

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruzLady99 said:

I may need to book a verandah cabin for 3 adults.  Can all Verandah cabins accommodate 3 persons?  Are some verandahs cabins larger than others?

Thank you for any insight!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I see in the title you're looking at Nieuw Amsterdam.

Not all Verandahs are bookable for three passengers. When you go through the process of booking on the website, the first thing you enter (after selecting an itinerary!) is number of pax, then cabin type. Select "Verandah" below (you'll see that Spa Verandah is grayed out -- because none accommodate 3). 

Unfortunately, the aft-facing verandahs on deck 7 (or any deck) that Roger recommended, do not take three either. I've only stayed in an OceanView on the NA so all I can suggest is studying the deck plans. The symbol for a Triple is the little open circle (Quad is the open square and may be bookable for 3). Some may have larger balconies, but most or all appear the same size cabin (although the deckplans may not be 100% to scale).

Ask any more questions!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CruzLady99 said:

I may need to book a verandah cabin for 3 adults.  Can all Verandah cabins accommodate 3 persons?  Are some verandahs cabins larger than others?

Thank you for any insight!

Eurodam is Nieuw Amsterdam's sister ship.

Photos of sofa bed closed and open:

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/5104-eurodam/

The stewards will do this every day!

Here is the main bed made up as twins. If that is your requirement. You will have to imagine all three beds made up for the night!

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/5082-eurodam/

• Like 2

Thank you for the replies;very helpful.

Crew News - good to know Deck 7 aft verandah is a little wider; very helpful!!

Crystalspin - Thank you; loved the pictures.  I'll look at the deck plans and l'll book a sample trip to see what what has accepts a triple.

After reading all responses we probably need to book a suite.  Thanks everyone!!

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies;very helpful.

Crew News - good to know Deck 7 aft verandah is a little wider; very helpful!!

Crystalspin - Thank you; loved the pictures.  I'll look at the deck plans and l'll book a sample trip to see what what has accepts a triple.

After reading all responses we probably need to book a suite.  Thanks everyone!!

We have sailed quite a bit on HAL w/3 in a cabin. No issues getting steward to put away and pull out the sofa bed each day to give more space in the cabin, but you may want to consider the bathroom. 3 people using 1 sink gets tight.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

The signature suite would work much better for 3 adults!

Here is a photo of one with the bed made up for the 3rd person.

IMG_20180618_192316502.jpg

• Like 1

After reading all responses we probably need to book a suite. 

The Signature Suites are way more comfortable for three adults including the dual sink bathroom with a separate jacuzzi tub with overhead shower and a stand alone shower as well. It has a much larger veranda!  Of course, Neptune Suites have even more space with the same bathroom but an even larger veranda.  Either of those choices would be so much more pleasant!!

Welcome and have a great cruise.  It would be nice to let us know what your final decision is!

~Nancy