Currently on Beyond for 11 nights in an Edge Villa. Any questions?

RRFPresident

23 hours ago, RRFPresident said:

......What dishes do you recommend at Le Voyage?.......

I can take or leave lobster but a friend recommended the lobster risotto. He was not wrong. Outstanding. We shared one as an appetiser but next time I'll have it as a main course.

Question for you,

Have you visited the Sunset Bar or Magic Carpet much? How has the bar service been? Last time ( 2 years ago) on Beyond service was a void. We actually nick named the service staff swoopers! They would come by and take your glass but would not ask if you would like anything else. They moved so fast you couldn’t even get a request out of your mouth.  

Love the ship, we are spending 21 days on her this winter, but was wondering if service has picked up. 

Cheers! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bugsy1966 said:

I can take or leave lobster but a friend recommended the lobster risotto. He was not wrong. Outstanding. We shared one as an appetiser but next time I'll have it as a main course.

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. Ended up having the filet mignon for my entree. It was very similar to the filet Princess served at Bistro Sur La Mer. 

5 hours ago, countess5 said:

Question for you,

Have you visited the Sunset Bar or Magic Carpet much? How has the bar service been? Last time ( 2 years ago) on Beyond service was a void. We actually nick named the service staff swoopers! They would come by and take your glass but would not ask if you would like anything else. They moved so fast you couldn’t even get a request out of your mouth.  

Love the ship, we are spending 21 days on her this winter, but was wondering if service has picked up. 

Cheers! 

We’ve checked out each of those bars but haven’t tried ordering from them yet. Will try it out.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 8:50 PM, DaKahuna said:

I thought the new burger did not have the bacon relish I see on this one.  Also believe it is a double patty vice single patty burger. 

I think someone posted a picture of a huge burger and said it was from Luminae. I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

57 minutes ago, kenb said:

I think someone posted a picture of a huge burger and said it was from Luminae. I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

That may have been the case but thought there was a menu posting that showed a double burger vs the Luminae Burger.  My CRS is kicking in and I cannot remember which thread the post was in.  Not a big deal just curiosity on my part. 

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That may have been the case but thought there was a menu posting that showed a double burger vs the Luminae Burger.  My CRS is kicking in and I cannot remember which thread the post was in.  Not a big deal just curiosity on my part. 

Around August, I think, they tried new menus in the MDR on the Equinox.  One of the dinner entrees was a double cheeseburger, which looked huge.  Short lived test.  Maybe that’s the burger you are recalling.  

• Like 1

We had wonderful burgers on deck 17 for lunch; they were very tender and juicy, with a view to die for when having lunch at the Retreat Grill last week!   I believe the super large one was from the speciality restaurant(Rooftop Garden) with an extra charge for those not in an upper suite!  So many people raved about that restaurant’s food for our cruise.  We did not try it because we’re unable to eat that much...

Edited by Lastdance

16 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Your butler has been wrong a couple of times. I'd ask the Retreat manager if they can arrange the ship (behind the scenes) tours you would be interested in (without a fee).  Have fun. 

I have since asked the retreat manager. He confirmed our unspoken to him theory that it was a corporate decision to push everyone to book the paid tour. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We had wonderful burgers on deck 17 for lunch; they were very tender and juicy, with a view to die for when having lunch at the Retreat Grill last week!   I believe the super large one was from the speciality restaurant(Rooftop Garden) with an extra charge for those not in an upper suite!  So many people raved about that restaurant’s food for our cruise.  We did not try it because we’re unable to eat that much...

Ahh that makes sense. We haven’t had our Rooftop Garden Grill night yet. Have tried lunch at the Retreat Grill a couple times with the Luminae burger and the chicken BLT wrap. Tried to order the chicken Caesar salad from the menu after seeing a nearby diner with this large bowl but what I got was a plate with a handful of romaine, dry chicken, and shaved parm. The cup of dressing on the side was too thick to put on the salad and tasted just like mayo. Our waitress and the manager took it back to check but then reported that it was the dressing made with heavy cream and brought me a new cup thinned out with extra lemon juice. So now I had a cup of mayo and a cup of cloudy lemon juice. Tried to eat a couple pieces dry before giving up and asking for a burger instead. 

Moral of the story - don’t try to be healthy and eat more burgers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

HELP NEEDED. I left my iPad in The Club last week awaiting disembarkation. I have watched it cruise with the ship with the Apple Find My app. The Celebrity lost item website, chargeback.com had provided me with no news. Can you intervene on my behalf with the ship to see if they have it at customer service? If they don’t have it then a crewman has it. We were last to leave as I was ill in the restroom and my husband had the iPad. I can email you more details. 

I was on The Beyond last week. The Rooftop Grill has terrific food and Ibrahim, the manager, is wonderful. He noticed I did not like my entree and arranged for a different one immediately. I wasn’t sure if it was the entree or my taste buds so I hadn’t complained. Do not miss their chocolate chip cookie ala mode. 
We all especially liked the food at La Petit in addition to the entertainment. Again the dessert of brownie ala mode (notice a theme here?) was outstanding. 
Disappointed the veggie burger was inedible at Mast Grill. Had it on previous trip on different ship and it was delicious. 
Don’t miss The Eden bar and luncheon menu (included all classes) for a change of pace. 

Thanks for taking us along.  Incredible that they're now making people in the top suites pay for all these extras.  And seemingly just another thing they have sprung on guests without warning.  They used to try to impress those paying a lot of money.  Why would anyone want to shell out that kind of money only to be subject to the whims of what X wants to take away this week?

Had a medical evacuation for a passenger that required turning back at the edge of Colombia to offload them. Hopefully they are fairing well. As a result we were two hours late arriving into Aruba but Captain Leo has decided to stay two hours later in Aruba than planned. Our next stop is Curacao so it shouldn’t affect anything. 

Rough winds leaving Cartagena rearranged some balcony furniture and knocked some greenery into our hot tub. Bonus free lily pads for the price of one hot tub. 

Got off last night after dinner just to get pics of the ship all lit up. Will probably venture out today for daylight pics and to walk around. Been to Aruba twice before so no fixed excursion plans today. 

Christmas decorations - garland around the plaza center walls, a big tree by Martini Bar, and lots of little light wrapped trees throughout. Other than one showing of Christmas with the Kranks movie and Hanukkah menorah lighting ceremonies I haven’t seen any holiday themed activities. We did have a deck party last night for being a Caribbean sailing that we were asked to wear white or sparkly clothes. Tip for those who want to pack for all themed dress events. 

A really good memory is great for trivia but not so much when a comedian does an entirely old set you’ve heard before. We’ll give it another go at his next show. 

Had a free night with no dinner reservation so we ended up booking Eden again last night. Tonight will be our first time at Rooftop Garden Grill. 

Will post a couple pics later today.

A really good memory is great for trivia but not so much when a comedian does an entirely old set you’ve heard before. 

We had that happen on TAs in 2012 and 2013 , same terrible show 

I find most comedians not that funny ,

this year we had a comedian that did a X-rated show at 7 pm show 😱🤣

Our comedian was terrible also. He filled his time slot asking the audience for quotes from their parents that they do not use themselves, as in "you wanna cry, I'll give you something to cry about". Wanted to leave but were stuck in the middle of the row. Should have left, maybe would have started a trend.

But, it was our first night in the theater and that was really impressive.

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

A really good memory is great for trivia but not so much when a comedian does an entirely old set you’ve heard before. 

We had that happen on TAs in 2012 and 2013 , same terrible show 

I find most comedians not that funny ,

this year we had a comedian that did a X-rated show at 7 pm show 😱🤣

I thought having an adult comedy show at 10pm was comical. Last night’s comedian said he’d be doing an adult show in the afternoon on a later day.

Nighttime views

IMG_4919.thumb.jpeg.1f90bb3c668da1cbecaff0f66d502e31.jpegIMG_4897.thumb.jpeg.688a04ca50923ab6215be24158678522.jpeg

Big Christmas tree and garland by Martini bar

IMG_4816.thumb.jpeg.ebca69957ef7194847551d79136d7ea9.jpeg

Ship in the daytime 
IMG_4937.thumb.jpeg.e873cbbd144348087db6c2a000be6733.jpeg
This photogenic sign is just outside the port gates. Step out of the port area and turn left at the sidewalk

IMG_4930.thumb.jpeg.b29d756035c1e6b0284b97bbcb89db1b.jpeg

We told the shoreside concierge that we were using this cruise as a belated birthday celebration. This cake and balloons were left in our cabin after the morning cleaning. 

IMG_4938.thumb.jpeg.28c1aa7767295271cd22da8c20915f99.jpegIMG_4939.thumb.jpeg.06b9fee1567723556231160c772d90ba.jpeg

Strong winds brought down some of the plant decor into our hot tub. Got some free lily pads for the cost of a cruise.

Edited by RRFPresident
  • Like 3

RRFPresident - I truly don’t want to hijack your excellent review but we are on the cruise with you in a Penthouse Suite, so I guess just down the corridor from you.  First time for us on Edge Class.  The ship is beautiful.  We have an amazing Retreat Host, Lobo, except we honestly don’t ask for anything in particular.  We have dined in Fine Cut, Le Voyage, Eden, Raw on Five and Rooftop Garden Grill.  They have all be outstanding - truly exceptional - and we have not been charged at all.  The only restaurant we haven’t tried for dinner is Luminae!  Although the weather was challenging for the first few days, as RRFPresident mentioned, it has not taken away from this lovely cruise.  We did the Local Experience Jeep Tour today and it was a hoot.  We’ve been to Aruba several times before but had not done this excursion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruiseNYC said:

RRFPresident - I truly don’t want to hijack your excellent review but we are on the cruise with you in a Penthouse Suite, so I guess just down the corridor from you.  First time for us on Edge Class.  The ship is beautiful.  We have an amazing Retreat Host, Lobo, except we honestly don’t ask for anything in particular.  We have dined in Fine Cut, Le Voyage, Eden, Raw on Five and Rooftop Garden Grill.  They have all be outstanding - truly exceptional - and we have not been charged at all.  The only restaurant we haven’t tried for dinner is Luminae!  Although the weather was challenging for the first few days, as RRFPresident mentioned, it has not taken away from this lovely cruise.  We did the Local Experience Jeep Tour today and it was a hoot.  We’ve been to Aruba several times before but had not done this excursion.

Please do share! We considered trying for a move up bid to Penthouse but instead put all our efforts toward the iconic suite.