Ordering flowers

tartanmom

Was planning on ordering Christmas arrangements for our room and for our friends cruising with us. However, since HAL updated their website it doesn't show me any options for flowers. Have they discontinued this service or does the website work best in a certain browser?

8 minutes ago, tartanmom said:

...since HAL updated their website it doesn't show me any options for flowers. Have they discontinued this service or does the website work best in a certain browser?

Hi tartanmom!

I just opened a Chrome incognito window and opened HAL website. WAIT for the home screen to repaint and the LogIn to appear in the top banner. Login. WAIT. Under "My Bookings" WAIT and select the cruise you need. WAIT for it to calm down, possibly repaint, on the Shore Excursion page. Click on EXTRAS in the blue banner. Click on Flowers in the drop-down. SCROLL DOWN (the header doesn't change, but the flower choices are below!).

Let me know if that wasn't clear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best way to order  flowers, especially Christmas arrangements, is to do it onboard the first day. Go to the front desk and do it there. I always just set an amount to spend and tell them to let the florist design his own. You can specify you want roses and greens or carnations, roses and greens, etc. You can say if you want a tall arrangement or shorter. When I ordered my Christmas arrangement, I think I stated $75 and Christmasy. It was huge, gorgeous, and unlike anything I'd seen before- a very modern design. I have been very happy with every arrangement ordered this way. The florist can pick from the best stock he has. It usually comes the same day, too, especially if you  go there first thing. Also, I go to a dollar store and buy cheap stick on cling decals for  my door to add to the festivity and make it easier to find my door. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sambamama said:

Also, I go to a dollar store and buy cheap stick on cling decals for  my door to add to the festivity and make it easier to find my door.

You have to be very careful with those! I remember, years ago, a passenger was charged for the damage to the walls and maybe the doors from cling on decals.The coloring bled thru. It was not noticed until they were removed.

Edited by Sea42

If you attend the flower arranging presentation and hang back afterwards, talk to the florist about what you want and he'll do it for you. They are amazingly talented with a sincere desire to please the passengers.

L❤️VE HAL florists!

Having a lot of OBC I ordered flowers recently on the Noordam. I went to Customer Service the first day, looked through the book and picked out the arrangement (and vase) I wanted. I asked if I could specify the flowers and she said no. The flowers showed up later that day. Wrong vase and different flowers than the picture. And i really disliked the vase. I sent a "Let Us Know" message through Navigator, the florist came (when I was out on a tour) and brought another arrangement and the correct vase. My room steward said he was really sorry and it was his mistake. The flowers last 6 days. I brought the vase home. Next time i will order a bottle of wine instead. 

17 minutes ago, Windsailer said:

My room steward said he was really sorry and it was his mistake. The flowers last 6 days. I brought the vase home. Next time i will order a bottle of wine instead. 

That’s a shame.  I have had and ordered many floral arrangements on HAL and they have been long lasting.  A couple were ordered on board but the bulk of the flowers I ordered were pre-cruise as I wanted the recipients/myself to have them on embarkation day.  They were equally beautiful.

• Like 3

You don't have to order the stock arrangements.  You tell them you are giving the florist free rein to do what they like.  You suggest flowers you like, or colors you like and/or a theme. You also say you understand if they don't have them, they can substitute.  Sometimes I just say fragrant ones.  I NEVER HAVE HAD ANYONE REFUSE THAT!  Not in 10 or more cruises!  I always have shipboard credit and decided a long time ago that having a lovely flower arrangement was something that greatly added to my cruise.  I've only once had a floral arrangement last less than 10 days (the flowers started dying after 5 days) and I complained, and they replaced it. 

• Like 4

I have had many flower arrangements on my cruises, and they have all been very pretty!  The only flowers that pooped out in about a week were the roses, which I expected.  I just removed the wilted flowers and the rest of the bouquet looked good for another week!

Next cruise (14 days) I'll try @sambamama's suggestion to order on day one and see what they come up with!

image.png.0be5a39a5ebd8efec6ef3e73baf618a6.png

~Nancy

• Like 2

Star lilies are one of the flowers I request because they are so fragrant and they last so long!  These arrangements are all very pretty!!!  When you let the florist have free rein, they usually use a cool vase, which adds to the arrangement. My Christmas arrangement had a big branch in it with a gold beaded chain interwoven through the whole arrangement and around the branch.  It was very unique.

• Like 1