🚢 SYMPHONY LIVE -12/16-12/24 🚢 She’s sort of like a song. 🚢

h20skibum

Alright. I’ve been tipping these guys $2 per Diamond drink. Now they wanna charge my wife’s adult Diamond drink when my daughter scans her minor card for a virgin daiquiri.   I’m done. They get zero from here on out. I’m not standing in line at guest services to fix this. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Keeping a good pace

Mudslide and kraken colada 

IMG_0050.thumb.jpeg.c998d324e9a7274ea76a9bab0ddb5b1f.jpeg

a couple hurricanes 

IMG_0059.thumb.jpeg.5e08a6ae0dbf8d602a2f35fe5acb92b2.jpeg

Every Kraken Colada looks different doesn't it depending on what bar you go to? Is there a correct way to make one so I would know what it looks like?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those hurricanes look really good. I'm not sure why I never think to get one. I think the last time was in New Orleans.

Those were pretty tasty.  We got them at Bolero’s.  Went there for a Latin dance class. 

• Like 1

Tonight was a Taste of the UK menu, and it was another disappointing night, food wise.  

I ordered the fish and chips, and these things they served were nothing like I expected.  

IMG_0064.thumb.jpeg.19b900f97493dfe0a1591b03bc17cc65.jpeg

Susan, and one of our table mates had roast beef with Yorkshire pudding.  They both said the meat was tough and chewy, and the pudding was bad.  

So Royal must figure people will be far enough into their drink package by this point in the week, to not notice how the food has gotten progressively worse. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Yeap, disappointed here too.

And every time we come home from a cruise and do the survey  

it's worthless. I don't think they are reading them.

Nothing changes.

Ever since Royal changed the menus, it has not been for the best.

Some of the things we miss:

Warm slice of apple pie and ice cream

French Onion soup every evening

Shrimp cocktail every evening

Real lobster tails  (not the baby tails) there's a charge now for 2nds.

Salad bar sea days at the main dining

Better selection of food at the Windjammer,

What happened, to the nice seafood Paella, they used to have 

boarding day at the Windjammer, it's gone too. 

Entrees at main dining need to be at a hotter temperature

than what they have been serving the food.

I always looked forward to the Seafood Paella on boarding day also.  Alas, no longer to be found.

I do hope they don't take away my escargot.

I totally agree about the changed menus....it's become a cluster****

I found Mexican night to be the worst IMO

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Every Kraken Colada looks different doesn't it depending on what bar you go to? Is there a correct way to make one so I would know what it looks like?

You're so right, Mark!  Different bartenders make them just a little bit different.  I forget what the ingredient the red syrup is, but I ask them not to put too much of that into my Kraken Colada.  I don't like it too sweet.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Tonight was a Taste of the UK menu, and it was another disappointing night, food wise.  

I ordered the fish and chips, and these things they served were nothing like I expected.  

Susan, and one of our table mates had roast beef with Yorkshire pudding.  They both said the meat was tough and chewy, and the pudding was bad.  

So Royal must figure people will be far enough into their drink package by this point in the week, to not notice how the food has gotten progressively worse. 

I think you are better off skipping on the MDR from the start, just take your chances at the Windjammer, where there are alot more choices and you might hit on one.

MDR has gone down hill , not worth going in there anymore in my opinion.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I'm a Brit and am not a fan of this menu either. Imo it's the 2nd worst after Mexican. When I get on board I'm going to try and switch our 150 CP booking from night 3 to UK night. I don't want to do it before and lose the special C&A rate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I'm an American and was not a fan of "Taste of the USA" menu.  I thought the British and Mexican menu were okay.

Oh, yes, I forgot about that one since it doesn't show up very often. I agree it looks pretty bad too.

• Like 2

Those of you who found the food to be poor, regardless of menu.

Food is very subjective.

Where do you eat and what do you like when you are home?

Those who feel $100 for a meal is reasonable.

What does it cost a cruise line to buy the food & prepare the evening meal per person?

Specialty Restaurants are now over $70 pp. They are not as great as they were. 

Point: food is expensive, people have different tastes. Buffet is OK for breakfast or lunch. Buffet good for those who want to pile their plates ánd run in and out.

Where do we go from here? Bring your own food? Prepare it in your cabin?

What is the average price per day for a cruise? $150 to $300?

That's pretty close to the $100 pp per meal in a restaurant at home.

Happy Cruising & Holidays! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What was disappointing with the fish & chips? Looks typical to us. Did they have HP Sauce & Malt Vinegar? The only thing I see missing is the newspaper it is normally wrapped in. LOL

• Like 3