ever been assigned an accessible cabin you didn;t want?

sunsetme

When selecting a cabin, we see the ones that are accessible.  I'm not sure what is meant by "assigned" the cabin.  Either way, I trust as long as they have availability there is an excellent chance you can change.  

Yes, we were assigned an accessible cabin on the Pacific Princess pre-pandemic. It was the beginning segment of its ill-fated world cruise, FLL to LAX via Panama Canal. We had booked late and initially given a "guarantee" cabin. Just a few days before sailing we learned of our cabin number, but didn't realize that it was "accessible" until we boarded. We didn't really have a problem with it other than the shower (roll-in style) was very difficult to keep water inside the curtains. I'm sure the only reason that we got it was that apparently nobody else needed or requested such cabin.

We were once automagically upgraded from a forward interior Lido Deck cabin to a Caribe Deck Accessible Balcony cabin. I can only assume that the 4 day itinerary to Catalina didn't attract cruisers who needed the accessibility. The HC Accessible cabins are clearly shown on the deck plans so I'm not sure how one accidentally books that type of cabin. We would certainly never deliberately book one as they are limited and some folks really need that type of cabin. We loved the size of the cabin and the size of the balcony. The bathrooms are obviously different but it was no big deal. (Our oldest son broke his neck in the Army when he was 20 - he's now 49 - so we are quite familiar with the needs of folks with limited mobility.)

• Like 1