Beef quality

smj

9 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

For the record, I agree that the prime rib is pretty good.  The rest of the MDR beef?  Meh.

Agree about prine rib. Beef wellington served on last night wasn't bad but after eating the lobster I couldn't finish it. Also had beef bourginon midway through the cruise but returned as on the tough side. That was the only 3 meat dishes I had on a 10 night cruise.  Potato gnocchi was tasty but not creamy enough.  They do a great job of the Indian food  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Agree about prine rib. Beef wellington served on last night wasn't bad but after eating the lobster I couldn't finish it. Also had beef bourginon midway through the cruise but returned as on the tough side. That was the only 3 meat dishes I had on a 10 night cruise.  Potato gnocchi was tasty but not creamy enough.  They do a great job of the Indian food  

I thought the Beef Bourguignon was underwhelming.  The meat was on the tough side, the flaky dough was soggy, the dish was salty but without a lot of flavor.  My sister's blows Celebrity's out of the water, and she's not a professional chef.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bikerunner said:

The meat/steaks are not terrible,  almost all of them was able to cut with a fork, no knife.  Are they prime etc nope but for mass quanity, was pleasently suprised.  Take into account at home i buy all my beef from a local organic farm that i would put up against any steakhouse.  Not a huge meat eater overall but celebrity was very good overall. 

I don't eat a lot of beef but in September, I ordered a lot of filet mignon dinners..  they were great!  Have I had better a one of my favorite land restaurants?  Yes.  But those chefs aren't advance ordering and cooking for 100s of guests at a time.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:42 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Not sure about USDA grading but DH graded it a C+.  Fine Cut steakhouse was a solid B.  Perhaps on the up charged beef, you may get Choice.  I don't recall seeing Prime but I could be mistaken.

I'm on Edge and would have to agree with your DH's grading.    The meat seems to be substandard.