Freestyle Coca-Cola

shipmeoff!

Just wondering where and how one picks up the Freestyle Coca Cola cup needed to use the machine - we have the have it all plus more promo with elite beverage package on an upcoming trip. - or is it magically in staterooms on embarkation?

the choices look super fun with plenty of less sugar options 

thank you so much

3 hours ago, shipmeoff! said:

Just wondering where and how one picks up the Freestyle Coca Cola cup needed to use the machine - we have the have it all plus more promo with elite beverage package on an upcoming trip. - or is it magically in staterooms on embarkation?

The Elite Beverage Package contains all of the items of the Signature and Quench packages. Which can be seen here:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Beverage-Package-Contents.pdf

The package that lets you use the Freestyle machine ONLY ON THE KONINGSDAM is the Unlimited Coca Cola Package.

• Like 2

Crystal, you are a treasure! Thank you for the 2-page cribsheet.

If I'm understanding correctly, none of the three packages (Quench, Signature, or Elite) includes use of the Freestyle dispensers. When it lists "Coca Cola Soft Drinks" under "Water & Soda" in the Quench Package, it's referring to the mixer gun at the bars and to soda by the can.

• Like 3

You should be able to use the machines with ANY package. This is, for example, the official description of the Elite Signature Beverage Package on my planner (I think it needs an update, because the Rotterdam also has Freestyle machines):

Our premium, Elite Beverage Package allows you to select from a variety of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, sodas, bottled water (sparkling or still, 400ml or less) & coffee. Only on the ms Koningsdam & ms Nieuw Statendam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. Includes any beverage priced at $15.00 or lower (up to 15 beverages per day). Prices are per day at $49.95 if pre-booked online compared to $59.95 if purchased on board. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Elite Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. Excludes Mini Bar, Juices at Gelato, Room Service, beverages on Half Moon Cay, Freestyle Coca-Cola and any self-service draft beer. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests.

I think we are at 5 cruises on the Pinnacle class ships, and twice they were out of order (once was on Rotterdam's original TA from Europe at the tail end of Covid, They might not have been able to stock it until Florida, or it might have been a Covid thing,

Unfortunately, the only cruise where we had the Elite beverage package was one of those cruises were it was down the whole trip so I never was able to get a cup.

The last cruise the machine ran out of Diet Coke (my main drink).  I mentioned it to one of the bartenders, and it was refilled within a couple of hours.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, marianoam said:

You should be able to use the machines with ANY package. This is, for example, the official description of the Elite Signature Beverage Package on my planner (I think it needs an update, because the Rotterdam also has Freestyle machines):

Huh! The page I found (for the Coke Unlimited) said only the Koningsdam had Freestyle -- it must have been even older, when K'dam was the only Pinnacle?

But that is a topper for misinformation -- direct contradiction in the same paragraph!

I guess the answer for the OP, @shipmeoff!, is wait and see and ASK -- if you are on the K'dam, Nieuw Statendam, or Rotterdam.

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Thank you, but all I do is keep tabs open to Roger @Crew News's best pages. He is the REAL treasure!

You are BOTH invaluable resources for HAL cruisers, of all experience levels, who are seeking out legitimate, truthful information about their upcoming voyages.  Please know that many of us value the information and resources you provide as an essential part of our cruise planning!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Huh! The page I found (for the Coke Unlimited) said only the Koningsdam had Freestyle -- it must have been even older, when K'dam was the only Pinnacle?

But that is a topper for misinformation -- direct contradiction in the same paragraph!

I guess the answer for the OP, @shipmeoff!, is wait and see and ASK -- if you are on the K'dam, Nieuw Statendam, or Rotterdam.

NS definitely has it - saw it couple weeks ago. But cannot say if it was functional - no out of order sign like I've seen before, but no users any time I went by.

It does have a holiday-themed sign on it.🥳

Apologies for the poor picture quality - took them as we were dashing by.

20231205_180305.thumb.jpg.ddb9d07169353a809bd5cf31e0d77e19.jpg20231205_180307.thumb.jpg.24f230ba8712fac5d9fea03fb22be6c1.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

19 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Yes, all three Pinnacle class ships have the machine (I've personally used it all of them!).  And yes, they've never updated the information (I even pointed it out the the Cruise Director on the Nieuw Statendam!)

I've only received a cup when I've purchased (onboard) the Coca-Cola package.  The one time I had the Elite beverage package, the machine was our of order the entire trip so they wouldn't give me the cup.

And if the machine is working or not, with the Coca-Cola package (or any beverage package), you can get soda at any bar.  And they will refill the special cup (and even rinse it out for you if you ask).  It got to the point where the Dutch Cafe people didn't even have to ask since I was there so often!

6 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

Isn't it annoying to have to walk around with a special cup all the time?  

We had the similar package on RCI (Rhapsody OTS, a one-third smaller ship than the Pinnacle Class) and yes it was a pain, both to keep them with us and to have to take them to the machine(s) -- and one was centrally located I believe. 

On 12/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, Sea42 said:

Thank you AI, very helpful.😉

Yes, @bemap does love their AI (Artificial Intelligence) postings!! 🤔   Frankly, I feel that AI info is too generic to really be useful here on the HAL forum when people are searching for HAL specific information.

It's appreciated that they are taking the time to google information for the forum but some info that has come from AI has actually been inaccurate.  That's my take on the AI posts.  Anyone else feel otherwise?

~Nancy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Isn't it annoying to have to walk around with a special cup all the time?  

Yep... And have come so close to leaving it behind in different places. But it's the only way to get my Vanilla Diet Coke!  As a compromise, I don't usually carry it around after dressing for dinner!

• Like 1