Sapphire on 1st day of our third week in a b2b2b

ready2cruzagain

We are getting ready to go on a b2b2b which is booked as 3 individual cruises. I just realized that Platinum is 75 - 149 days and you hit Sapphire on your 150 day, not 151st day. Our first day of our third cruise I will have 150 days. Does anyone think I can get Sapphire status on the third cruise if I go and talk to the Latitudes desk?

Just curious. Also, dinner with the officers question. Would it be for one and their spouse or just for me. Dh is 7 days behind me.

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Your question has been asked many times and the answer is always "No, you don't get an increase in status until after the cruise is completed."

The cruise is completed. We are booked on 3 different cruises with each having a different booking number.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 1

I did get my sapphire status on the first day of my second cruise on a B2B (2 different reservation number) in september. Just go to the cruise next desk and ask for it. It was easy and fast.

For the dinner your DH will not be eligible...unless they make an exception, but i doubt it.

Edited by reveur15
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, reveur15 said:

I did get my sapphire status on the first day of my second cruise on a B2B (2 different reservation number) in september. Just go to the cruise next desk and ask for it. It was easy and fast.

For the dinner your DH will not be eligible...unless they make an exception, but i doubt it.

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to know!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

We are getting ready to go on a b2b2b which is booked as 3 individual cruises. I just realized that Platinum is 75 - 149 days and you hit Sapphire on your 150 day, not 151st day. Our first day of our third cruise I will have 150 days. Does anyone think I can get Sapphire status on the third cruise if I go and talk to the Latitudes desk?

Just curious. Also, dinner with the officers question. Would it be for one and their spouse or just for me. Dh is 7 days behind me.

No you won’t have status until you complete your third cruise. 

On your next cruise, DH will still be one cruise behind you in status. You can always chat up the cruise next reps and see if they would put. Both of you in for the dinner (not a high demand activity). Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don’t. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, reveur15 said:

I did get my sapphire status on the first day of my second cruise on a B2B 

They actually did this for you? That makes no sense if the rule is you have to complete the cruise where you reach the next level. (Meaning after disembarking).

That would be like someone being one point away from Platinum and booking a cruise and instantly becoming Platinum on that same cruise.

• Like 2

Yes, the CN desk can update your status after the end of each leg of your B2B2B. So if the first day of leg 3 is also the last day of day 2 and you have 150 points at the end of leg 2, you would have reached Sapphire. But you'll probably have to go to the CN desk to ask.

I have seen several reports her on CC from people saying that as long as your B2B is two reservations the CruiseNext staff might very well get you to the next level between cruises. That is OF COURSE in case the first leg (or for the OP, second leg) takes you over the required points. They don't HAVE TO, but it seems like they MIGHT anyway.

6 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Yes, the CN desk can update your status after the end of each leg of your B2B2B. So if the first day of leg 3 is also the last day of day 2 and you have 150 points at the end of leg 2, you would have reached Sapphire. But you'll probably have to go to the CN desk to ask.

But he said:

Our first day of our third cruise I will have 150 days. Which means he would not have hit 150 until the end of the first day of the third leg, Unless I'm missing something, he should have to complete the third leg before getting upgraded. No??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

But he said:

Our first day of our third cruise I will have 150 days. Which means he would not have hit 150 until the end of the first day of the third leg, Unless I'm missing something, he should have to complete the third leg before getting upgraded. No??

day 1 of the 3rd cruise is the end of the 2nd cruise. So cruise 2 would be completed, points available.

10 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Our first day of our third cruise I will have 150 days.

similar to some fo the discussion above, i take this to mean that the OP will have 149 latitudes points after having completed the second cruise. in that case, no, the guest is not eligible. if i'm somehow misreading this and 150 days will have been completed after the second cruise, then, yes, CN can see this and bump you up and make sure you get the higher tier bennies.

9 hours ago, julig22 said:

day 1 of the 3rd cruise is the end of the 2nd cruise. So cruise 2 would be completed, points available.

sort of.

it's the same calendar day, for sure.

but you don't get credit, you don't get a latitudes point, on the disembarkation day of your cruise. if you did, all 7 night cruises would award 8 latitudes points.

so unless day 150 was the last full day of the second cruise, this dog don't hunt.

"day 1 of the 3rd cruise," while occurring on the same calendar day as the "end of the 2nd cruise," does not actually begin until the second cruise has ended. and latitudes points are calculated and awarded after the end of each cruise. the OP will not get a latitudes point for day 1 of the 3rd cruise until that cruise has ended.

Edited by UKstages
  • Like 1

The question is confusing, and the other person who mentioned they were granted their status on the first day of the second B2B leg is not specific enough. To make things clear, since they are each booked individually...

For the OP, if it were just a B2B...would that put you at 150 or 149? If 150, you can get your Sapphire perks on the third leg. If 149, then you will not become sapphire until after the third leg.

For the person who stated they got their perks on the second leg, they likely hit the next level on the first leg, thus allowing their perks to be active on the second leg.

Edited by zackarykeef
typo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

We need the OP to return and explain if he hits 150 on the second or the third leg. Otherwise, it's all just speculation.

I hit 150 on first day of third cruise. Since Platinum ends on day 149 I would be Sapphire on day 150 which is the first day of the third cruise. It really doesn't matter I was just wondering. I know next cruise I will definitely be Sapphire. Did not mean for everyone to go ballistic. I will definitely report back in and let everyone know what happens.

1.png

Edited by ready2cruzagain

On 12/16/2023 at 10:23 AM, reveur15 said:

The best way to determine your next status is to answer this question :

* Did you get enough points (150 points or more) after the first leg of the B2B  ?

If you are at 150 or more after first leg then you can claim your new status on the second leg of the B2B (unless this is a single reservation number for the whole B2B).

In my case i was under 150  before the first leg and over 150 after the first leg.

It was clear that for the second leg I was now sapphire (it was another cruise reservation number). Cruise next desk manually updated my status in the system and then told me to get a new card showing the new status at guest service. All of this was done within less than 10 minutes.

Edited by reveur15

On 12/18/2023 at 10:59 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

I hit 150 on first day of third cruise.

Then the answer is no, this is no different to taking a single cruise and making status mid cruise.

If you had made the next status by the end of you second cruise AND it updated online (usually quick) then yes it can be updated.

On 12/18/2023 at 5:59 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

I hit 150 on first day of third cruise. Since Platinum ends on day 149 I would be Sapphire on day 150 which is the first day of the third cruise.

no, actually you wouldn’t. 

points are not calculated and awarded until the end of the cruise. tier status doesn’t change until the points are awarded.

this is not semantics. 

on the first, second, third day of the cruise (and on and on), you’d still have only 149 points.

(if you have 10,000 frequent flyer miles and you take a flight to london, you don’t have 11,500 miles when you fly over newfoundland. miles are awarded after the flight is completed.)

nobody is going ballistic, by the way. this is a forum in which people generously give their time and knowledge to answer questions from those who are confused or lack experience in a particular topic.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2023 at 8:30 AM, julig22 said:

You don’t get points for disembarkation day. Otherwise you would get 8 points for a 7 night cruise. Count the days. Sunday - Sunday is 8, but only 7 nights. 7 nights = 7 points

• Like 1

The OP eventually came back and said Day 150 was the first day of the third leg. (In which case, he would not get credit for Day 150 until that day was completed. Hence, no Latitudes upgrade until after the third leg was completed.)

If this had been made clear from the beginning, this whole string of gobblydegook could have been avoided. 

I assume this dead horse can now rest in peace.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

If this had been made clear from the beginning, this whole string of gobblydegook could have been avoided. 

perhaps.

but i have an advanced degree in gobbledygook, so i resemble that remark.

i studied with the best. irwin corey and sid caesar were my mentors.

so when it comes to gobbledygook, i sneer at an academic discussion such as this. i play strictly by the book, the gobbledygook handbook. there needs to be far more misdirection, more subterfuge and more typos to be certified as proper g-gook.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

perhaps.

but i have an advanced degree in gobbledygook, so i resemble that remark.

i studied with the best. irwin corey and sid caesar were my mentors.

so when it comes to gobbledygook, i sneer at an academic discussion such as this. i play strictly by the book, the gobbledygook handbook. there needs to be far more misdirection, more subterfuge and more typos to be certified as proper g-gook.

If you are, indeed, a student of the great Professor Irwin Corey, I bow to your advanced gobbledygookness.

• Haha 1