outside deck for walking on E class?

39august

Deck 5 has certain areas that you can access such as under the lifeboats, and a couple of areas aft both on the starboard and port sides. None of these areas are continuous, in other words you can't walk around the whole Deck 5. The outdoor areas start and stop. .

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

That is very distressing. My husband typically walks 3 times a day on cruises. And not on the jogging track. Is there really NO open deck anywhere else on these ships?

You're stressing over nothing. on decks 15 & 16 there are walking areas BESIDES the jogging track. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Not sure what you are distressing over. Does he need to be indoors? The E class jogging and walking track is probably one of the best on any cruise ship. There are separate run and walk lanes. 

Some don't like the tracks.

Agree, E class ships have the best tracks fleetwide. As far as the lanes, I've yet to walk any ships track where others stay in the appropriate marked lane. Some even walk/jog/run against the flow. 🤣

Edited by doghog

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Some don't like the tracks.

Agree, E class ships have the best tracks fleetwide. As far as the lanes, I've yet to walk any ships track where others stay in the appropriate marked lane. Some even walk/jog/run against the flow. 🤣

Can't argue with that. As I always say...self awareness on a cruise ship does not exist. Based on actual events, if you wan to run sprints on a crowded S class track at 2pm, on a sea day, when everyone is a half dozen drinks in? As long as you shout "RUNNER ON YOUR LEFT!!!!" loudly at the 600 people in your way...you're good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, 39august said:

That is very distressing. My husband typically walks 3 times a day on cruises. And not on the jogging track. Is there really NO open deck anywhere else on these ships?

I thought the same thing before cruising on E class.   The track will be 95% walkers.   It is open and provides wonderful views of the ocean.   Your husband will love the walking track.  

As I said on Deck 15 a nice pathway that ISN'T the jogging track is to walk aft towards the Sunset bar, around the very aft then towards the Garden Grill, cut through the rooftop garden and back around towards the Sunset Bar. Repeat as many times as needed.

38 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Can't argue with that. As I always say...self awareness on a cruise ship does not exist. Based on actual events, if you wan to run sprints on a crowded S class track at 2pm, on a sea day, when everyone is a half dozen drinks in? As long as you shout "RUNNER ON YOUR LEFT!!!!" loudly at the 600 people in your way...you're good. 

I'm a walker (fast) and walk the track from 6 AM to 7: 30 AM. Very little traffic at that time and those on the track are serious walkers/joggers/runners.  After ~7:30 the track becomes waay to crowed. A lot of sightseers.  

35 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We are walkers also and if the weather is crummy we walk inside decks 4 and 5.  I get to window shop along the way!  

In bad weather I walk the hallways starting on  deck 6, up to 7, then 8 - after about 2:30 most of the cabin attendants are gone and next to no one in the hallways.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

In bad weather I walk the hallways starting on  deck 6, up to 7, then 8 - after about 2:30 most of the cabin attendants are gone and next to no one in the hallways.

This is a great way to see all the art work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

We are walkers also and if the weather is crummy we walk inside decks 4 and 5.  I get to window shop along the way!  

I also enjoy starting at the top and walking down through each deck of cabins and seeing the art along the way--a nice indoor walk when needed.

• Like 1

I don't like the tracks.  It gets very crowded on 14 and 15 because there really is no other place for ANYONE to walk.  Running?  Forget it.  You're better off just using the gym.  Still...outside of no promenade deck (few new builds have them these days) I still like E Class.

• Haha 1