Rooftop Garden Grill on Edge

Steve H

Both very similar--- Excellent!! Highly recommend.

A "must have" is the warm chocolate chip cookie dessert topped with vanilla ice cream---

The 2nd one is as good as the first.

Sure better than a scoop of gelato (LOL)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

Different menu than Lawn Grill.  We do like it but prefer the Lawn Grill.

Is the menu totally different from the Lawn Grill?  LCG is our favourite restaurant at sea.  Will be on Edge in April.

Our experience was totally different than those above. We did dinner one night at the RTG on the Apex in September. It was the worst meal of the 12-night cruise, the steaks were tough, overcooked and tasteless. My DW had the lamb chops ordered medium rare but came out well done. The Manager replaced them and they were done right but full of fat making them almost inedible. Service was slow and when we complained to the manager he offered us a comped night to try them again, we passed on the comp dinner as we didn't want to waste another night there. We will be on the Edge next month for 22 nights and have no plans to dine there again.

22 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our experience was totally different than those above. We did dinner one night at the RTG on the Apex in September. It was the worst meal of the 12-night cruise, the steaks were tough, overcooked and tasteless. My DW had the lamb chops ordered medium rare but came out well done. The Manager replaced them and they were done right but full of fat making them almost inedible. Service was slow and when we complained to the manager he offered us a comped night to try them again, we passed on the comp dinner as we didn't want to waste another night there. We will be on the Edge next month for 22 nights and have no plans to dine there again.

If you're going to be on board for 22 nights you should give them another try.   I can think of several restaurants that I was underwhelmed with the first time but having given them another chance are now on our regular rotation.   Almost universally people think the RTG is underrated.   We ate there last cruise (Jan 2023) only because we couldn't get in at Eden or Fine Cuts (one of the negatives of giving everyone a bunch of OBC) and loved it.   Quiet, low key, great service and good food.  

1 minute ago, CruiseRQA said:

If you're going to be on board for 22 nights you should give them another try.   I can think of several restaurants that I was underwhelmed with the first time but having given them another chance are now on our regular rotation.   Almost universally people think the RTG is underrated.   We ate there last cruise (Jan 2023) only because we couldn't get in at Eden or Fine Cuts (one of the negatives of giving everyone a bunch of OBC) and loved it.   Quiet, low key, great service and good food.  

We are in the Retreat next month as we were on the Apex and we much preferred Luminae over the RTG. The only specialty restaurant we have booked on the two cruises is Raw on 5. 

we are trying it again on ASCENT despite our awful experience on EDGE awhile ago.. Slowest kitchen with several chefs  and only 3 tables in use.

Those who came after us and  had dinner salads were served first..We only got apps in our first hr there. We were on  our way out when our burgers finally arrived..mgr begged us to stay and comped the meal..but by then it was too late to enjoy..not the waiters fault....  Hope better on ASCENT!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We will be on the Edge next month for 22 nights and have no plans to dine there again.

( I always enjoy reading your posts )

I see there are different "experiences" re the RTG.

However--- We were on the Edge last March and had dinner at the RTG--- it was excellent ( Food, Service ) and were scheduled to go again on the last night of our cruise, but, the wind and rain made it impossible.

Perhaps in the 22 days, you might give them another try.

• Like 2