Is the Current Offer of a $100 deposit per booking or per person?

Teechur

I booked an Alaska cruise yesterday and was charged a $400 deposit. I assumed it must be $100 per person as we have 2 grandkids going along. They are actually "free" in the cabin with me just paying the port fees and taxes for them ($300 each).

I read the fine print repeatedly and could never determine whether the special offer was per person or per booking.

Anyone know? TIA!

When I clicked on the $100 deposit button, the terms and conditions did not specify this.

I am sure it is intentional to give you the illusion that you will only be investing $100.

In truth, that would only apply to a solo traveler. What percentage of Princess cruisers are singles?

11 minutes ago, Teechur said:

When I clicked on the $100 deposit button, the terms and conditions did not specify this.

I am sure it is intentional to give you the illusion that you will only be investing $100.

In truth, that would only apply to a solo traveler. What percentage of Princess cruisers are singles?

Deposits are always per person.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Teechur said:

What percentage of Princess cruisers are singles?

An interesting question, probably outside the scope of this thread, but I'll give my best guess.

I'm single and I travel solo on all my cruises, including the three I've done on Princess so far (with one booked).  Princess doesn't have any dedicated solo cabins.  My guess is that on my Princess cruises, fewer than 5% of the passengers were solo or single. Keep in mind that not all solo travelers are single, and not all singletons travel solo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dog said:

Per person. Did it yesterday. In Canada, I was charged $135 pp. 

Same here. Got up early around 3am to booked and was charge $135 pp. I was surprise on the number of cabins already sold out for our Fall 2025 cruise 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Teechur said:

I booked an Alaska cruise yesterday and was charged a $400 deposit. I assumed it must be $100 per person as we have 2 grandkids going along. They are actually "free" in the cabin with me just paying the port fees and taxes for them ($300 each).

I read the fine print repeatedly and could never determine whether the special offer was per person or per booking.

Anyone know? TIA!

Per person. 

13 hours ago, Teechur said:

Well all cabin prices are quoted per person so it would follow that the $100 deposit is per person as well. We find that it pays to purchase Future Cruise Deposits for $100 while onboard. Then when applied to a future cruise you also get on board credit.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

we booked SUN P the day it came open for bookings - $100 total deposit - not per person

j/s

I think that's unusual.  We just booked yesterday on Majestic and it was $100/pp and we used FCDs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I was in the system this morning and the only payment option available was pay it all up front.

This has to be a mistake doesn’t it ?

I had that issue yesterday, and accidentally paid the whole thing.  I had to call Princess to get it fixed to the $100/person deposit.  The call agent did a great job in fixing it for me.  The second cruise I booked yesterday did properly show the screen to select the deposit payment vs. the pay in full options.  In general the Princess website is still quite a mess at times.  The log in is especially touchy! Good luck. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I had that issue yesterday, and accidentally paid the whole thing.  I had to call Princess to get it fixed to the $100/person deposit.  The call agent did a great job in fixing it for me.  The second cruise I booked yesterday did properly show the screen to select the deposit payment vs. the pay in full options.  In general the Princess website is still quite a mess at times.  The log in is especially touchy! Good luck. 

I tried it again this morning and is now offering me the $100 pp deposit.  Thanks for talking me down

2 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I tried it again this morning and is now offering me the $100 pp deposit.  Thanks for talking me down

You're welcome. Glad it finally worked for you.  If you (or anyone) isn't familiar with what the website SHOULD look like it is not very user friendly.  I have been on the website so often lately that I've noticed there are a lot of bugs with pages not rendering properly.  I still have the stupid "can't log in, wrong password/user name" issue for weeks.  I just keep hitting the submit button until it logs me in. 🙄

Fun fact (at least for me):  it seems the Princess site works better for the Safari browser vs. Google Chrome on my MacBook.  YMMV

• Like 1