Hanging Room Dividers

Mr.Stumpy

Wondering if anyone might have more information on the use of hanging room dividers in cabins. I happened to notice that "Curtains, drapes or hanging room dividers" are prohibited by Carnival. Which was a bit of a surprise because I used a curtain as a room divider on the Carnival Vista not too long ago and nobody said anything to me. Plus there are numerous blogs and cruise tips articles suggesting exactly that.

Is this a new policy? Or are there exceptions? I had used a semi sheer curtain panel hung from magnetic hooks on the ceiling. I noticed some of the tips suggesting this do say to use shower curtains. My family will be cruising on the Dream this summer and I was planning to do the same thing again.

Edited by Mr.Stumpy

I have seen posts about this for allowing a baby to nap and not see their parents in the same room.  Maybe the curtains around the crib are taken down after the nap?  I know my DDs had a hard time sleeping if they could see me when they were little, but now at 21 & 23, they can nap anywhere!😉

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I have seen posts about this for allowing a baby to nap and not see their parents in the same room.  Maybe the curtains around the crib are taken down after the nap?  I know my DDs had a hard time sleeping if they could see me when they were little, but now at 21 & 23, they can nap anywhere!😉

Good point. Our daughter uses one of those collapsible blackout tents for the babies when traveling. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr.Stumpy said:

...... I happened to notice that "Curtains, drapes or hanging room dividers" are prohibited by Carnival. Which was a bit of a surprise because I used a curtain as a room divider on the Carnival Vista not too long ago and nobody said anything to me. Plus there are numerous blogs and cruise tips articles suggesting exactly that.

Is this a new policy? Or are there exceptions? .....

No, this isn't new.  It's just that not everyone who ignores this rule gets caught every single time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr.Stumpy said:

Wondering if anyone might have more information on the use of hanging room dividers in cabins. I happened to notice that "Curtains, drapes or hanging room dividers" are prohibited by Carnival. Which was a bit of a surprise because I used a curtain as a room divider on the Carnival Vista not too long ago and nobody said anything to me. Plus there are numerous blogs and cruise tips articles suggesting exactly that.

Is this a new policy? Or are there exceptions? I had used a semi sheer curtain panel hung from magnetic hooks on the ceiling. I noticed some of the tips suggesting this do say to use shower curtains. My family will be cruising on the Dream this summer and I was planning to do the same thing again.

There are no exceptions.  Room attendants who are depending on happy guests who tip are reluctant  to confront guests who ignore posted policies.