New to Navigator App

Tom O.

This may sound like a dumb question, but I will soon be on my first cruise since Covid. On my last cruise I was still using my old flip phone. Now I have a smart phone and have added the Navigator App. Do I need to have an internet package in order to use the app onboard?

1 hour ago, Tom O. said:

Do I need to have an internet package in order to use the app onboard?

As Seasick said, no internet needed, it works off a sort of inTRAnet. Also I believe you can convert to inTERnet without visiting the "computer desk". Actually, I'm not sure there IS a computer desk, most people take Navigator problems to the Front Desk...

Thanks for the answers, I am still kind of new to smart phones. I resisted getting one for a long time, and then got an Iphone about a year ago. So I am a little behind the times. But now I wonder how I got along without one for so long. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

One more question about the app. My cruise is in two weeks, and I looked at the dinner menu.

Is this the menu for the first night? It doesn't say what day it is for. Or is it just a sample menu?

26 minutes ago, Tom O. said:

One more question about the app. My cruise is in two weeks, and I looked at the dinner menu.

Is this the menu for the first night? It doesn't say what day it is for. Or is it just a sample menu?

Assuming you have the same itinerary as the current sailing, the menu you are seeing is the menu for tonight.  At least that is how it has worked for me when I am close to sailing.

You can see all the menus for the day on board in the morning usually.  It’s quite handy to plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Assuming you have the same itinerary as the current sailing, the menu you are seeing is the menu for tonight.  At least that is how it has worked for me when I am close to sailing.

You can see all the menus for the day on board in the morning usually.  It’s quite handy to plan.

Thanks Kazu, I will be on the Koningsdam on a 7 day Mexican/Baja trip that leaves Jan 6. The Koningsdam is leaving today for Hawaii, so the itineraries will be completely different. That explains why there was a bit of a Hawaiian theme to the menu I saw.

17 minutes ago, Tom O. said:

Thanks Kazu, I will be on the Koningsdam on a 7 day Mexican/Baja trip that leaves Jan 6. The Koningsdam is leaving today for Hawaii, so the itineraries will be completely different. That explains why there was a bit of a Hawaiian theme to the menu I saw.

Happy to try to help.  yes, the menu will be different.  

There will probably be some similarities to the Koningsdam cruise I was on last year - a 5 day, 7 day and 9 day B2B2B in Mexico.

If you don’t mind skipping a bit I posted most menus on my live thread - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2900224-live-from-the-koningsdam-holiday-sailing-dec-17th-jan-7th-exploring-my-first-pinnacle-class-ship-🤞/

FWIW, on my most recent cruises the food had ranged from dam decent to excellent.  I do use Club Orange on Pinnacle Ships though.  the dining room is worth it for me.