LIVE from the Koningsdam Holiday Sailing - Dec. 17th - Jan 7th - exploring my first Pinnacle Class ship 🤞

kazu

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

kazu was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello everyone!

My DD DH and I never booked winter cruises as it was too tricky to get out of Dodge.  But this year I bit the bullet and wanted to run away from home 😉 

It was touch and go for a number of minutes (or is that hours 😉) but I am here in San Diego and doing my first ever Holiday cruise which will span Christmas and New Year’s.  I’ve been reading some negative comments on the Koningsdam but I’m going so we shall see what happens. 🤞 I’m honest though and call it like I see it so stay tuned.

I have to say that I am happy to see there are some CC members I want to meet and others that I have sailed with.  I don’t plan on ending up in a wheel chair this time (although admittedly the foot is still recovering) so I hope you will join me and this time I hope to share some real experiences and the ship.

Here are the itineraries - it’s all Mexican Riviera - not my usual cruise practice - but heck DH was from Mexico and I haven’t been there in years - so it should be relaxing and fun, I hope.  But I know it will be warm which beats the temps at home.

B333E57E-55BC-4DFC-9419-7A0CF43C0387.thumb.webp.982bdf6a105885ef42d0b0b878fad015.webp

9900069A-EFA1-4CB9-8E83-3361D9BC30CF.thumb.webp.34d6c302b723bd165c8d7d690ab8afb6.webp

Hope you will join me and all the best to all for the Holiday season 🙂 

1112C4EC-36F1-463F-8B6E-FCB5967DECDD.webp

• Like 39
  • Thanks 8

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

@kazu

Dear Jacqui,

Well this morning our weather was clear skies 

and sun! Now at 3:30 looking out over the ocean while I am cooking all gray! David said she will be so happy out of her cold this will feel like summer! LOL

Will be reading along and you tell it like it is!!

your honesty is so worth it. Enjoy our Downtown and your stay at WestGate! 
🌺Denise☺️

• Like 9

We really enjoyed the New Years cruise we did 9 years ago.  I hope you enjoy the next 3 weeks.  You chose your outbound flights really well as it has been nothing but delays and cancellations today as a major system goes through until Friday morning.

• Like 5

Jacqui, May the Lord bless you during this season of light. May your foot continue to heal and strengthen as the trip progresses. May your memories of Jose be strengthened as you visit his homeland. Enjoy the ship, the sea, the new friends, and the new memories you will build.

Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.

• Like 25

Have a wonderful, relaxing cruise.  Hoping your foot is better and all goes well for you.  

I hear you about winter travel.  We're in Wisconsin...usually take a winter vacation.  This February there was a storm the day before we left.  It all worked out in the end, but it caused some worry and stress.  

Edited by ktbraun
Error
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Jacqui, May the Lord bless you during this season of light. May your foot continue to heal and strengthen as the trip progresses. May your memories of Jose be strengthened as you visit his homeland. Enjoy the ship, the sea, the new friends, and the new memories you will build.

Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us.

♥️ Jose is always with me and will be.  thank you .  Wishing you blessing and happiness this holiday season.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

We really enjoyed the New Years cruise we did 9 years ago.  I hope you enjoy the next 3 weeks.  You chose your outbound flights really well as it has been nothing but delays and cancellations today as a major system goes through until Friday morning.

Thanks - it was a touch and go yesterday but I knew if I didn’t get out then , it wouldn’t happen.

I went by the Farmers Almanac a while ago but it let me down somewhat on yesterday but I’m here as is my lovely bag 😉 

• Like 8

Decide for yourself about Koningsdam - we have cruised on her three times, with almost 60 days under our belts - almost as much as we had on Prinsendam.  We're looking forward to joining you for the New Year's cruise.  Hope the warmth helps your foot feel better and you can have a lovely, relaxing holiday.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure you will have a fabulous time! We just went over Thanksgiving which was a bit crowded with kids but still loved it. We always get a cabana for the Mexico cruises so it is always peaceful there.  My husband had an earlier school break so he is on right now and says it is just perfect. They even had whole lobsters at Rudi’s. 

• Like 2