Emerald Princess - 23 Dec -Panama Canal full transit

mrell345

18 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Thanks for all your great postings. I'm surprised to see the $2.00 charge for regular, non-specialty coffee @ International cafe. My recollection was they were free on the Majestic Princess in Summer 2022. Most all my other cruises were RCL ships where their version it was also free. 

On 12/27/2023 at 5:21 AM, mrell345 said:

Tries the rejuvinator this morning, they put fresh pieces of fruit and veg in a juicer and you get a drink with about 3oz of liquid.  It wasn’t too bad.

IMG_0591.jpeg

IMG_0592.jpeg

The elusive Juice Bar. Where did you find it? 

16 hours ago, Willwils said:

Thanks for all your great postings. I'm surprised to see the $2.00 charge for regular, non-specialty coffee @ International cafe. My recollection was they were free on the Majestic Princess in Summer 2022. Most all my other cruises were RCL ships where their version it was also free. 

Pretty sure it's been charged as long as I can recall. If you had one of the old coffee punch cards, you had unlimited brewed coffee at IC until your punches ran out (it did not count as a punch).

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 6:41 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

@mrell345: thanks for continuing to share these newsletters.

• I can't recall seeing a seeing eye dog notice on any of my cruises. I wonder what brought this on?

We sailed this itinerary last year and had a (large) service dog on board. After a couple of days we got the same notice in the Patter because people were not respecting the dog's work. We became friendly with the family and found out they and the dog had special permission to disembark in Puerto Vallarta because they were moving from Europe to Mexico. They took a ship from Southampton UK to Ft. Lauderdale to join Emerald toward Los Angeles. They were avoiding flying for their move. We saw them all off the ship at PV (with special arrangements for immigration).

I do not think Princess or other major lines allow emotional support animals, just service animals (and animal species are probably very limited).

• Thanks 1

So I tried one of these things today so I could report on it.  Three scoops of vanilla gelato and a ton of sauces and candy.  Too much sugar to eat two a day however they do seem to be popular

IMG_0649.jpeg

Edited by mrell345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrell345 said:

We took the bus tour of Panama which included the walking tour of the old city.

Panama Canal (2 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (3 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (4 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (5 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (6 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (7 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (8 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (9 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (10 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (11 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (12 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (13 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (14 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (15 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (16 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (17 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (18 of 18).jpg

Panama Canal (1 of 18).jpg

If this was Princess tour, could you please name and review it over on the Panama Canal board?  Pics there not necessary but so many people come there asking about tours, but never come back to tell us how they went.  And thanks for the terminal pics there.  EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

If this was Princess tour, could you please name and review it over on the Panama Canal board?  Pics there not necessary but so many people come there asking about tours, but never come back to tell us how they went.  And thanks for the terminal pics there.  EM

I will try and get to it in the next day or so as I will want to do it from my laptop.

6 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Is this SOP? Or has there been an illness reported on the ship?

First time I have seen it but we are still serving ourselves in buffet and I have not seen any overt measures for other things around the ship so I think it is a standard measure now.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 12:18 PM, mrell345 said:

So I tried one of these things today so I could report on it.  Three scoops of vanilla gelato and a ton of sauces and candy.  Too much sugar to eat two a day however they do seem to be popular

IMG_0649.jpeg

tried one too, and it's was too much for me , shared with my wife and barely finished it. On a footnote, I'm glad too see JCB and DeLoach made the current wine list.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 2