Emerald Princess - 23 Dec -Panama Canal full transit

mrell345

6 hours ago, IndyKid said:

I wish he would leave them behind. That might teach these people a lesson. Or better yet, there should be a clause in the carriage contract that allows Princess to charge a  $50/minute tardy fee to their onboard account.

geez ! the 1-8 record has tainted your spirits 😄

Thank you so much for this thread! We will be on this same ship and cruise in March and have been a bit apprehensive about this ship after reading some poor reviews. Are you going to be posting a review after you return home?

On 12/31/2023 at 8:50 AM, Sammikins said:

Ok, thank you. I read that it could be a problem but it sounds like it’s not much of an issue. 

Dengue is on the rise and is very common in the Caribbean and Central America regions (if you've been to Caribbean countries you may have seen warning posters). Make sure to wear repellent when you're outdoors.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IndyKid said:

I wish he would leave them behind. That might teach these people a lesson. Or better yet, there should be a clause in the carriage contract that allows Princess to charge a  $50/minute tardy fee to their onboard account.

I was on deck 7 watching the proceedings.  Seems to me there was a large group of late arrivals all wearing a nice blue sticky Princess patch on their shirt indicative of a late excursion arrival.  The tail end was brought up by a couple of Princess officers who clearly were on hand to ensure everbody arrived.  Your apparent ourage and penalty for late arrivals seems be uncalled for in this case.

2 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I was on deck 7 watching the proceedings.  Seems to me there was a large group of late arrivals all wearing a nice blue sticky Princess patch on their shirt indicative of a late excursion arrival.  The tail end was brought up by a couple of Princess officers who clearly were on hand to ensure everbody arrived.  Your apparent ourage and penalty for late arrivals seems be uncalled for in this case.

Except the captain doesn’t usually sound the ships horn multiple times if we were waiting for ships tours and even if it was a ships tour some of those people were in no hurry to board.

Just now, mrell345 said:

Except the captain doesn’t usually sound the ships horn multiple times if we were waiting for ships tours and even if it was a ships tour some of those people were in no hurry to board.

There were likely some laggards; doesn't really explain a couple dozen people showing up late from an excursion that are pretty easily accounted for as a group.

Thank you for so many photos and info - we go on this cruise in March. Just debating dining rooms and whether 1 of the 3 MDR are better than others. Have you any preferences and could you post photos if you have any. Many thanks

1 hour ago, CAC58 said:

Thank you for so many photos and info - we go on this cruise in March. Just debating dining rooms and whether 1 of the 3 MDR are better than others. Have you any preferences and could you post photos if you have any. Many thanks

Not sure that one is better than the others, other than Botecelli is all the way aft and downstairs while the others are off of the piazza midships

• Like 1

During the Captain’s circle event last night he said he was sorry for the upcoming weather but that he would get us into LA safely.  We will see what he meant by that,  going to enjoy Puerto Vaillarta today.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mrell345 said:

During the Captain’s circle event last night he said he was sorry for the upcoming weather but that he would get us into LA safely.  We will see what he meant by that,  going to enjoy Puerto Vaillarta today.

Consulting my Captain-to-English dictionary,  I think he means "buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There have been reports that the lunch menu doesn't change from day-to-day. Is this correct? Was there a different menu each day?

I went to the embarkation day lunch, and that was different. All the rest have been this menu, from what I have seen, except for the one day they did the pub lunch.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, friend of Eeyore said:

I went to the embarkation day lunch, and that was different. All the rest have been this menu, from what I have seen, except for the one day they did the pub lunch.

That could get really boring on a long cruise. We're booked on a 54 day cruise in 2026. Maybe, they'll come to their senses and change it back.

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There have been reports that the lunch menu doesn't change from day-to-day. Is this correct? Was there a different menu each day?

As we rarely go to MDR for lunch I don’t know.

23 hours ago, mrell345 said:

Stern shot from promenade deck

IMG_0793.jpeg

Looks like they actually moving quick. Was worried with the additional sea days inserted in there would be days where the ship would barely be moving