January sale?

Jammu2

Greetings! 

One of the couples we invited to join us on a May cruise just now let us know they are interested in coming with us. We had already made our plans and got a very good deal. The current price is about $150 pp more for an inside cabin than it was when we booked a couple months ago. Do you think there will be a sale in January and prices will come down a bit? I hesitate to book them immediately because it just seemed that prices went up right before Black Friday and I was thinking they might come down a bit after the holidays.

32 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

Greetings! 

One of the couples we invited to join us on a May cruise just now let us know they are interested in coming with us. We had already made our plans and got a very good deal. The current price is about $150 pp more for an inside cabin than it was when we booked a couple months ago. Do you think there will be a sale in January and prices will come down a bit? I hesitate to book them immediately because it just seemed that prices went up right before Black Friday and I was thinking they might come down a bit after the holidays.

Or the price could go up further.  If they book now, they will have a better choice of staterooms.  If they book with a refundable deposit, they can re-fare if the price drops.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Or the price could go up further.  If they book now, they will have a better choice of staterooms.  If they book with a refundable deposit, they can re-fare if the price drops.

Yeah that's a good point.

I just can't remember if there was a sale last year 

7 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

Greetings! 

Rule #1 of cruise ship cabin pricing:  There's ALWAYS a sale.

Rule #2 of cruise ship cabin pricing:  Most sales just tinker around the edges of pricing, offering small savings for some and no savings for most.

Enjoy your search for better pricing and enjoy your upcoming cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The current promo goes until February 29th so there won't be a new promo until then. It's hard to say if your cruise's fares will drop, but as mentioned above they can book with a refundable fare and then if the fare drops after that try to get it refared (until final payment, which for a May cruise would be in Feb). I think if they want to go with you they should just go ahead and book now, and also if you want to have cabins near each other. 

• Like 2

Final payment for a May cruise will be due sometime in Feb. If you wait until after final payment the travel agents will be forced to release the block of rooms that they have and depending on how the itinerary sold will determine how much the price drops or goes up. It's a gamble but I have found the best deals closer to sailing. Honestly $150 pp isn't that large of an increase if they really want to go.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Thanks 1