Embarkation in Buenos Aires…Argentina cruise port.

tomcruiser1234

We hired a private driver and I’m sorry can’t remember his name so not much help but he was wonderful, there waiting.

The boarding was fine, you have to ride a bus from the terminal to the cruise ship and being your luggage so don’t overpack.

Are you doing Antartica? We did it last year, it was such an exciting experience, I just loved that cruise.

There are desks at the airport that will sell you a voucher for your trip.  I can't remember any of their names; there are more than one.  They are very reliable and a bit less expensive than cabs.

Edited by kristapb
spelling

1 hour ago, gizmodog said:

We hired a private driver and I’m sorry can’t remember his name so not much help but he was wonderful, there waiting.

The boarding was fine, you have to ride a bus from the terminal to the cruise ship and being your luggage so don’t overpack.

Are you doing Antartica? We did it last year, it was such an exciting experience, I just loved that cruise.

No we are doing a B2B 7 days from  Buenos to Rio and then 14 days Rio to Liberty NJ.   

So it’s easy to get from the airport to the ship terminal. That’s great. Thanks for your help. 

1 hour ago, kristapb said:

There are desks at the airport that will sell you a voucher for your trip.  I can't remember any of their names; there are more than one.  They are very reliable and a bit less expensive than cabs.

Thanks.  This will be our first time to fly into Buenos Aires. I will check online and see about a private transfer. Thanks

6 hours ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Are cabs and transfers easy to get and is the boarding there well organized. 

There is a cab booth inside the airport. You tell them where you're going. You pay right there. Then a cab driver comes and gets you and your luggage. Quick and efficient!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 10:17 PM, tomcruiser1234 said:

Hi.  

We will be flying to EZE airport in Argentina in the morning for an April 20 Cruise on Eclipse. ( same Day around 8:00 am and boarding starts at noon) Are cabs and transfers easy to get and is the boarding there well organized. 

Thanks for information. 

We flew into EZE in January 2023 and just used our UBER app. Driver was there in no time. We went to the Buenos Aires Hilton which isn’t that far from the port. I’d have to go back to see what I paid but it seemed very reasonable. And no need to worry about having local currency. 

Curious 

If we’re in at 7:00 am,on the 20th. thinking of maybe looking at a hotel to go to for the day.  Anybody know of a nice hotel downtown where we could leave luggage and shop for a few hours. Maybe take a nap till 4;00 pm. Since departure is not happening until 6;45 pm   If it cost $200 it would beat standing in a line for hours.  

Thoughts???

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Curious 

If we’re in at 7:00 am,on the 20th. thinking of maybe looking at a hotel to go to for the day.  Anybody know of a nice hotel downtown where we could leave luggage and shop for a few hours. Maybe take a nap till 4;00 pm. Since departure is not happening until 6;45 pm   If it cost $200 it would beat standing in a line for hours.  

Thoughts???

I thought you said boarding starts at noon. If the ship departs at 6:45 pm you’ll have to be checked in at least an hour before the ship departs. I wouldn’t risk messing around in the city. Line up before noon, get onboard and chill out on the ship. News lately about boarding in Buenos Aires is that it takes longer because of damage to the main terminal due to storms. For our Feb 5 Princess cruise out of BA we have already been advised that we will need to check in first at another location before being shuttled by buses to the ship. Just my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

I thought you said boarding starts at noon. If the ship departs at 6:45 pm you’ll have to be checked in at least an hour before the ship departs. I wouldn’t risk messing around in the city. Line up before noon, get onboard and chill out on the ship. News lately about boarding in Buenos Aires is that it takes longer because of damage to the main terminal due to storms. For our Feb 5 Princess cruise out of BA we have already been advised that we will need to check in first at another location before being shuttled by buses to the ship. Just my opinion. 

Sorry.  I was wrong. The earliest checkin for ship 1:15 pm   Loading stops at 5:15 pm and departure is 6:45 pm. Kinda a tight window. 

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Sorry.  I was wrong. The earliest checkin for ship 1:15 pm   Loading stops at 5:15 pm and departure is 6:45 pm. Kinda a tight window. 

If it was me I’d try to check in at the terminal/ship as early as possible then head out to see a bit of the city if embarkation goes quickly and smoothly. If all goes well you might have time to grab a bite or see a highlight or two. It really will depend on how efficient the embarking goes. Hope you enjoy your trip!

In December, we "stayed" at the NH Buenos Aires Florida hotel, San Martin 839. Well, we didn't actually stay there, but used them in a similar manner as you are thinking. We disembarked a 22 night Amazon & Brazil cruise on Azamara in BA around 8:30a, and had a flight out that night after midnight. We had visited BA several times in the past, so weren't staying over on this trip. We booked for 1 night, brought our luggage over when we disembarked the ship (we walked from the ship, as it's what we enjoy, but most people would taxi), and left the luggage with reception.

We then took a long walk in the lovely Reserva Ecologica Constanera Sur park, had a nice lunch, strolled through the beautiful Galerias Pacifico Mall (1.5 blocks from the hotel). We returned to the hotel around 3pm and checked in to our room, took showers and a nap, and then took an Uber to the airport around 9:15pm. 

It worked out perfectly for us. It's not a fancy hotel, but nice, and reasonable, and we like the location.