New Princess App available

iamaqt2

Do you see the pencil near your picture on the App? (Book dining)

click on that.  Now upper right corner a person symbol with a +
click that…add booking number 

1 minute ago, san diego sue said:

What number  do we call for Ocean Ready to remove the extra person from my Medallion order and also be able to order.

1800-774-6237

Follow prompts for Ocean Ready 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 5:10 PM, Nikkibird said:

After months of app problems including the extra person in the Medallion,  I finally broke down and called Princess. Pressed the number for OceanReady. Was only on hold 5 minutes. Got a lovely lady who within 5 minutes, deleted the extra person, ordered our Medallions and ticked the contract as complete as I couldn't complete this either. We are now "green"!

I was hesitant about calling from all the negative comments about how bad customer service is and you get hard to understand people.

I even had "someone" on here tell me there were no issues with the app and it was just me 🤔

Just call. Should have months ago!!

Glad you got it sorted. I called last week to get the phantom guest medallion removed and the rep said it would have to be escalated to the IT team and they would get back to me. Initially she just said if I'm picking up at the port I can just leave it and all will be ok but I pushed her on it as I can't stand not having all steps complete!

I selected the Ocean ready option but maybe wasn't as lucky getting through to someone who knew what they were doing. I'll give it a few weeks then try my luck again. Meanwhile the 2 of us on our booking have a combined total of 8 medallions in our cart 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetstreamer said:

Glad you got it sorted. I called last week to get the phantom guest medallion removed and the rep said it would have to be escalated to the IT team and they would get back to me. Initially she just said if I'm picking up at the port I can just leave it and all will be ok but I pushed her on it as I can't stand not having all steps complete!

I selected the Ocean ready option but maybe wasn't as lucky getting through to someone who knew what they were doing. I'll give it a few weeks then try my luck again. Meanwhile the 2 of us on our booking have a combined total of 8 medallions in our cart 😂

I called at 1:30pm EST and got the US office if that helps! I am in Canada.

4 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

I called at 1:30pm EST and got the US office if that helps! I am in Canada.

I called from the UK. I have a feeling I spoke with an Asian call centre, although I did call at a similar time to you (around 5pm UK time). Maybe I'll Skype the US number next time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jetstreamer said:

Have you tried simply cancelling all orders and starting over?

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I couldn't cancel the extra person period. I tried everything in the app and nothing worked.

2 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

I couldn't cancel the extra person period. I tried everything in the app and nothing worked.

I didn't mean simply cancel the extra person. I meant cancel the entire order. Can you cancel your order? I would try to wipe out everything and start fresh. Cancel each order one at a time starting with your own Medallion.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I didn't mean simply cancel the extra person. I meant cancel the entire order. Can you cancel your order? I would try to wipe out everything and start fresh. Cancel each order one at a time starting with your own Medallion.

The only thing it was letting me do was to edit the two correct people by adding other items. Maybe I was missing something but I certainly didn't see a cancel button. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Not possible! I think you can only cancel the order once you have made it and I can't make it! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetstreamer said:

Not possible! I think you can only cancel the order once you have made it and I can't make it! 

Ah, well. Since you can't have them mailed anyway it's no big loss if they have extras at the check in. It's amazing that, after all this time, Princess still doesn't have an app that works as it should for everybody.

When they first went to the original app it was a horrible mess and nothing worked for me. I sent email with the details to the Ocean Medallion Group and got a quick reply asking for a few more bits of information. I replied and they fixed my issues which were pretty obviously a problem with data translation from the old system to the new app. Since then I've had very little in the way of issues with either that version of the app or this newer version. It's lame that so many others are still having problems.

On 7/16/2024 at 4:32 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Do you see the pencil near your picture on the App? (Book dining)

click on that.  Now upper right corner a person symbol with a +
click that…add booking number 

Yes, I see the little pencil upper right corner.  But when I click on that, the next screen appears and has my picture again with a little pencil in the bottom right corner of it, and below my name in bold print, then my date of birth and my email.  When I tap on the pencil lower right picture circle on this screen, a menu appears on the bottom asking "upload, Take a Photo, Cancel.  Maybe I need to delete app and reload.

8 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Yes, I see the little pencil upper right corner.  But when I click on that, the next screen appears and has my picture again with a little pencil in the bottom right corner of it, and below my name in bold print, then my date of birth and my email.  When I tap on the pencil lower right picture circle on this screen, a menu appears on the bottom asking "upload, Take a Photo, Cancel.  Maybe I need to delete app and reload.

On the App.  Go to your cruise, click book dining, click in the MDR that you want. 
You should see your pic on the

left side.. says new reservations

Guests…your pic

click on the pencil

Brings up guests…you again 

select guests…then click upper right person with a + and

there it will bring a screen to add booking number. 

If this is not working, you can delete App and install or see if an update.  Or call Princess, make sure to select ocean ready prompts, not CS.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

On the App.  Go to your cruise, click book dining, click in the MDR that you want. 
You should see your pic on the

left side.. says new reservations

Guests…your pic

click on the pencil

Brings up guests…you again 

select guests…then click upper right person with a + and

there it will bring a screen to add booking number. 

If this is not working, you can delete App and install or see if an update.  Or call Princess, make sure to select ocean ready prompts, not CS.

Thanks.  I just tried this and it says it can't access dining now.  it did earlier.  I will try again later.  I did delete app and reinstalled it and no change.  I will check to see if I don't have the latest update and try again.  If still nothing, then I will call Princess and yes, will select Ocean Ready.  Heaven forbid not CS!!  Thank you so much for trying to help me.  I never had a problem before this new version.  We sailed March 2023 and no problems at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We are on a cruise in September and last week we changed cabin numbers. Our account and booking info has updated but the old cabin number is still showing on the medallion app, is there a way of editing the app with the new cabin number?

It does take a few days to populate into the App.  Just make sure your cabin number is correct on the website.  Your travel summary should show the correct cabin number if it was changed.

If, maybe after a week,  it is still not correct in the downloaded App, you could ask your TA/CVP to ask IT to update it, if you really want to.  

Or, call PCL phone tree and prompts for Ocean Ready, to change it.

• Thanks 1

@PacnGoNowTried to access dining following your instructions again this morning and nothing.  So called and spoke to a guy in the Ocean Ready dept.  He was able to fix it right there and now I can make reservations for all of us.  After fixing this, he noticed that I do not have a package for us on this sailing.  I usually book with the Plus Pkg. but as some have suggested here, to just do it when we get onboard to save paying the additional insurance costs, that was my plan.  Well, this young man said that the Premier Pkg is about to go up to $90 a day from the current $80 a day.  I told him that we never do Premier and asked him how much the Plus Pkg is going up.  He said that they had not been told that as yet.  So what would you make of this?  Just trying to upsell me making me think I'm getting a real deal or are the prices really going up?  I guess I will never know until I actually see it.  I'm now thinking about just going ahead and having my PVP add the Plus Pkg to our bookings.

And @PacnGoNowI want to thank you very much for your advice and instructions on how to add my companions.  Just sorry that it didn't work.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

@PacnGoNowTried to access dining following your instructions again this morning and nothing.  So called and spoke to a guy in the Ocean Ready dept.  He was able to fix it right there and now I can make reservations for all of us.  After fixing this, he noticed that I do not have a package for us on this sailing.  I usually book with the Plus Pkg. but as some have suggested here, to just do it when we get onboard to save paying the additional insurance costs, that was my plan.  Well, this young man said that the Premier Pkg is about to go up to $90 a day from the current $80 a day.  I told him that we never do Premier and asked him how much the Plus Pkg is going up.  He said that they had not been told that as yet.  So what would you make of this?  Just trying to upsell me making me think I'm getting a real deal or are the prices really going up?  I guess I will never know until I actually see it.  I'm now thinking about just going ahead and having my PVP add the Plus Pkg to our bookings.

And @PacnGoNowI want to thank you very much for your advice and instructions on how to add my companions.  Just sorry that it didn't work.

I am very happy though that you did get it fixed with a competent agent in OR!  That’s great.  

Upsell, Upsell…I’m sure they are pushed to do that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

If they were going to bump up one plan I would bet they would bump them both up. Any bet this was a ONE employee ?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, memoak said:

If they were going to bump up one plan I would bet they would bump them both up. Any bet this was a ONE employee ?

Did you get your OM?  Let us know.

On 7/18/2024 at 12:11 PM, Splice the mainbrace said:

We are on a cruise in September and last week we changed cabin numbers. Our account and booking info has updated but the old cabin number is still showing on the medallion app, is there a way of editing the app with the new cabin number?

We managed to talk to the helpline this afternoon, hopefully the new cabin number will show on the app soon. We just wanted the lady to resolve the app issue but there was a succession of questions, are you celebrating anything?, have you booked a meal?, what have you planned to do on board, the spa?, are you excited about the cruise? . Jeez just resolve what we phoned up about 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We managed to talk to the helpline this afternoon, hopefully the new cabin number will show on the app soon. We just wanted the lady to resolve the app issue but there was a succession of questions, are you celebrating anything?, have you booked a meal?, what have you planned to do on board, the spa?, are you excited about the cruise? . Jeez just resolve what we phoned up about 😂

I’m sure they are under pressure to sell.  They may also be critiqued for hitting all those sale points.

I’m just happy they now have competent OR agents, or it seems like it is improving.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m sure they are under pressure to sell.  They may also be critiqued for hitting all those sale points.

I’m just happy they now have competent OR agents, or it seems like it is improving.

Yes they obviously have a sales pitch that they are expected to do. My wife's tone of voice answering her questions was comical, like I'm not interested just get on with it.

Positively she got through very easily with no waiting after passing through the many options before being directed to the most appropriate operator.

What is an OR?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Yes they obviously have a sales pitch that they are expected to do. My wife's tone of voice answering her questions was comical, like I'm not interested just get on with it.

Positively she got through very easily with no waiting after passing through the many options before being directed to the most appropriate operator.

What is an OR?

Ocean Ready

• Thanks 1