Iona departure delayed?

normansbay

We are also on this cruise but we haven’t heard anything about a delay.

If it’s weather related does this mean that the arrival into to Southampton tomorrow morning has also been impacted?

I’m just wondering if our embarkation time is still the same on the 30th (tomorrow). I’m assuming so otherwise we would presumably been contacted by now.

Looking at her current position, Iona seems to be on schedule to dock on time tomorrow morning. I think it is highly likely that passengers will board as usual tomorrow and stay on Iona in Southampton overnight until the oncoming storm abates. I am sure that the shoreside staff would not appreciate a late change to their work schedule that a 24 hour delay to boarding would bring and P&O would not have to compensate for a day lost on the cruise. Added to that, hotel bookings, train tickets etc would need to be changed. 

Edited by pete14

We got off Iona yesterday. The ship pushed on to get in for 4am, so I thought there might be  a bit of a departure delay, but a friend on your sailing has just told me you are sailing at 6am Monday! Are you allowed off the ship to go and see the 'sights' of downtown Southampton!?

Make the best of it...at least you have no washing up to do!!

Simon

12 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Are you allowed off the ship to go and see the 'sights' of downtown Southampton!?

Make the best of it...at least you have no washing up to do!!

Simon

I think I'd rather stay on the ship 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, sddsddean said:

Luckily I live in Northampton, not Southampton, so I'm totally in agreement with you Doug😁

Simon

Ah Come on!!!  We live in a great area . On the coast. £2 bus ride gets us to the port of Southampton! Trip to the IOW takes you 'abroad' 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I was just going to say that's a bit harsh, but then realised, despite us living just outside Southampton we never go there... 

Yep, stay on the ship😂

Andy 

We're in Poole, joking aside we occasionally pop down to West Quay (the better half more often than me) and usually get a decent view from IKEA or the John Lewis Restaurant of whatever ship is in, then google where she's off too, which then gets me looking at the next cruise. I wouldn't really want to be out on the water today, its blowing a hooley out there so understand the delay. 

• Like 2

It's perfect time to get off the ship and pootle over to Wickham, pop into my shop, spend all your money, before we change hands in a week's time. 

Lots to do outside of Southampton- Wickham, Bishop's Waltham. Alresford, Stockbridge, all totally unspoiled and non touristy. If anyone wants a model of a P&O ship there are a few for sale in Warwick Market in Wickham (not my shop).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

It's perfect time to get off the ship and pootle over to Wickham, pop into my shop, spend all your money, before we change hands in a week's time. 

Lots to do outside of Southampton- Wickham, Bishop's Waltham. Alresford, Stockbridge, all totally unspoiled and non touristy. If anyone wants a model of a P&O ship there are a few for sale in Warwick Market in Wickham (not my shop).

That's why we don't need to go into 'town' anymore Cathy. 

All our Christmas shopping was done in the places you mentioned, for the rest, we have Whiteley down the road. 

It was not a planned shunning of Southampton, just prefer the shopping/dining experience in the smaller places, with the added benefit of supporting local businesses where possible. 

Andy

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's why we don't need to go into 'town' anymore Cathy. 

All our Christmas shopping was done in the places you mentioned, for the rest, we have Whiteley down the road. 

It was not a planned shunning of Southampton, just prefer the shopping/dining experience in the smaller places, with the added benefit of supporting local businesses where possible. 

Andy

We rarely go into Southampton now, only if we want to go to John Lewis or Ikea. Or get on a ship🛳️

I can get most things I need here in Bishop's Waltham or Hedge End. I still like Winchester but there's not a lot of Independent shops there now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Was just looking on PO website for this cruise, but of course it's too late.  Whilst there I was amazed at some of the pries on Iona - 14 night cruises for £849pp?  And others.

Are you tempted Jean? 😱😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, posford said:

Does anyone know the new revised itinerary?

I think most of the port stops have been pushed back by a day, and Cadiz has moved to the last port stop instead of the first.

I was supposed to be on this cruise. Sadly had to cancel due to emergency surgery, so am absolutely gutted. Looks like an amazing time was had by all from the photos I've seen in the groups I'm in related to this cruise.

On 1/1/2024 at 12:50 PM, Ladyshopper23 said:

I think most of the port stops have been pushed back by a day, and Cadiz has moved to the last port stop instead of the first.

I was supposed to be on this cruise. Sadly had to cancel due to emergency surgery, so am absolutely gutted. Looks like an amazing time was had by all from the photos I've seen in the groups I'm in related to this cruise.

The first port stop is showing that Iona is berthed in  Cadiz since leaving Southampton on Monday.

57 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

The first port stop is showing that Iona is berthed in  Cadiz since leaving Southampton on Monday.

I guess it must have changed again? Certainly people were showing copies of the new itinerary on their tv screens and also a printed out copy that stated Cadiz had moved to the end of the cruise rather than the beginning when they boarded on Saturday.