Can solo non-Haven passengers eat at the Haven Restaurant?

leonel9

About two years ago I was on a cruise with a Haven restaurant, and one of the staff members told me that non-Haven passengers can eat at the Haven restaurant for a surcharge of about $30. In January I'll be on the Getaway staying in a mini-suite that's not part of the Haven. Will my friend and I be able to walk up to the Haven Restaurant and pay to eat there? Or would we have to be guests of a Haven passenger? Or is not not allowed at all? Thanks in advance!

Depending on the ship and concierge you can be invited into the Haven restaurant by a guest of the Haven for a charge.  When I was on Encore during the Haven introduction and tour the concierge stated we could invite a guest to the Haven for a charge and it could only happen twice during the week.  It all depends on the concierge and how crowded the Haven is.  

Now you just have to find a friend sailing in the Haven to invite you 🤔

Edited by david_sobe

When we were in the Haven on the Epic this past March, we got permission to invite our extended family members who were not in the Haven to eat dinner in the Haven one night.  If memory serves me correct, it was around $60 per non Haven guest.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

When we were in the Haven on the Epic this past March, we got permission to invite our extended family members who were not in the Haven to eat dinner in the Haven one night.  If memory serves me correct, it was around $60 per non Haven guest.  

Worth $60 per guest?

• Haha 1

In August, we were on a Mediterranean cruise on the Getaway staying in the Haven. We got permission for our son and DIL (who work on the ship) to have lunch with us in the Haven on a port day. We could not get permission for them to have dinner with us as the Haven was completely full and very busy.  It was $30 per person. So yes, you have to be invited by a Haven guest to eat in the Haven and even then, you might not get permission. I went thru the concierge and dining room supervisor.  I think the money is worth it for the experience. We all really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It really depends on the concierge. I have eaten multiple times in the Haven restaurant with my friend who was in the Haven. It cost around $60 and I paid for it with non-refundable OBC. One concierge also invited me to come up on the last morning and disembark with them but I declined as I already had priority disembarkation (and I would have felt uncomfortable doing that). 

Can it happen? Yes.

Are requests usually denied? Yes. 

For a long time, it was fairly standard that Haven guests could invite a non-Haven guest for up to 2 meals for a charge of roughly $35-$45 dollars (depending on number of guests). NCL also flirted with the idea of allowing anyone (even those who didn't know anyone in the Haven) to dine in the Haven restaurant for $50 with an hour of Haven lounge/bar time included....

A6D01D37-6764-4098-A296-86C7437CAEBA.thu

...but after the backlash from Haven guests, NCL changed direction.....

"Recently, we explored making an extremely limited number of reservations for The Haven restaurant available to non-Haven guests. Given that this test has not been well received, we will continue to preserve The Haven experience exclusively for our Haven guests." - NCL 

So where are we at now? Well, it depends on the concierge, how busy/full a particular Haven sailing is, how many requests for non-Haven guests are made, the mood of the concierge, the phase of the moon,.....?

A non-Haven guest can ask. The answer will either be "yes" or "no" but more often than not, it isn't allowed for non-Haven guests. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

I’m in the Haven RIGHT NOW and my son’s friend was denied dining with us. So correct info based on my current sailing. Sorry you don’t know everything. 

Correct for that day on your sailing, but as others have documented guests of Haven passengers have been permitted to eat in the Haven dining room for a fee on other sailings. It's at the discretion of management. 

You can't generalize from your one example. The request will likely be denied more often than not but it still is allowed upon occasion.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

Just want to point out also from my above mentioned experience,  my husband and I approached the Concierge the second day of the cruise.   We asked to invite seven guests for a total of 14 as seven were in Haven and seven not in the Haven.  We also told him any night and any time.   

5 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

I’m in the Haven RIGHT NOW and my son’s friend was denied dining with us. So correct info based on my current sailing. Sorry you don’t know everything. 

It is incorrect. You have to get permission and it is available on a space permitting. And you have to pay for the non-Haven guests. 

Edited by BirdTravels

47 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is incorrect. You have to get permission and it is available on a space permitting. And you have to pay for the non-Haven guests. 

Do you not also have to be the invited guest of a Haven passenger?

I can't imagine the concierge admitting walkups with no relation to Haven Guests.  

If a rumor started to that effect, there would be a line ...

Edited by RocketMan275

8 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Do you not also have to be the invited guest of a Haven passenger?

I can't imagine the concierge admitting walkups with no relation to Haven Guests.  

If a rumor started to that effect, there would be a line ...

Yes, you have to be an invited guest of a Haven passenger.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

Only Haven passengers can eat at the Haven restaurant….period, end of story. There is not a way for non-Haven folks to eat there.

100% Wrong, twice in the Haven (Escape & Getaway) and twice we had non Haven friends have dinner with us in the Haven Restaurant. The had to pay X amount to do it

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

100% Wrong, twice in the Haven (Escape & Getaway) and twice we had non Haven friends have dinner with us in the Haven Restaurant. The had to pay X amount to do it

Dawg getting spanked up in here. Good rule of thumb: what you don't know is more important than what you do know.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ChiCruzr said:

Does anyone have actual documentation of NCL's policy, rather than personal stories?

This is as close as you're going to get, which is actually nowhere, since like many NCL "policies", they sometimes exist, and sometimes don't. For your convenience.

"Recently, we explored making an extremely limited number of reservations for The Haven restaurant available to non-Haven guests. Given that this test has not been well received, we will continue to preserve The Haven experience exclusively for our Haven guests." - NCL 

• Like 1